Billboard magazine, May 1994.
'Alice's Attic' was the original byline for the first Official Alice Cooper web site. It took many years for the first official site to show up on the internet, which was one of the reasons this site was created. However the 'Alice's Attic' name came from a radio show originaly transmitted for two weeks in the spring of 1994 and co-hosted by Alice and Lonn Friend. Few people heard the show but Sickthing Kurt submitted the information below.
'Alice's Attic' was originally a radio show on Z-Rock, which was the satellite hard rock station originating out of Dallas, Texas. It was broadcast over the [spring of 1994] for two weeks (ten days, four hours a day) and was co-hosted by Lonn Friend. Apparently it was pulled off the air in Winnipeg after only one show [because they were discussing a "pee hard"]. Needless to say, this was a good two weeks. Lots of great Alice stories (and a Renfield story or two) and plenty of guests (both in studio and on the phone).
Here are my notes on Alice's Attic on Z-Rock. Guests were in studio unless denoted by "(phone)". A few of the phone calls aren't marked as such but my notes are incomplete. Sue me. Each day is broken down in the same way: Giveaways and Corresponding Trivia Questions, Guests, and Comments. Most of the comments are for my own benefit because I taped the show and wanted to be able to find things later. I don't give the answers to the trivia questions because I'm feeling particularly cruel today. Some I just don't know the answers to. ...Kurt
Alice's Attic on Z-Rock
(Broadcast via satellite; 102.7 FM in Detroit)
Hosted by Alice Cooper and Lonn Friend ('The Idol and the Idiot')
Engineered by Sharkman
Acting Producer: Brian "Renfield" Nelson
April 11th 1994
- Lita Ford's blue jeans
- Pearl Jam autographed cymbal
- Led Zeppelin lithograph
- 35 autographed Alice Cooper posters
- Motley Crue autographed bass guitar
- 'Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits' platinum album
- ZZ Top swag
- Marvel Comics package
- What Alice Cooper song did Lita Ford cover? - 'Only Women Bleed'
- What Beatles song did Pearl Jam cover?
- Spell "lithograph"
- What Alice Cooper song did Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick play guitar on? - 'Serious'
- What band is Motley Crue's new lead singer from?
- Who collaborated with Alice on the song "Unholy War"? - Chris Cornell
- Which band did ZZ Top open for in 1973/74? - Alice Cooper
- What is Spider-Man's real name? - Peter Parker
Comments/Songs of Interest:
- Alice and Led Zeppelin played a show together at the Whiskey in LA
- 'Woke Up With a Monster' by Cheap Trick
- 'Unholy War' by Alice Cooper
April 12th 1994
Giveaways: Van Halen tour jacket/signed CD
- Whitfield Crane of Ugly Kid Joe
- Sammy Hagar (phone)
- 'Hooligan's Holiday' by Motley Crue
- Show ends with 'Dead Babies'
April 13th 1994
- 'The Simpsons' hats and keychains
- Alice Cooper CD's and t-shirts
- Coverdale/Page tour pack
- Joe Satriani poster
- Kiss drum head
- Alice Cooper's personal Trash tour jacket
- Skid Row videos
- Swag package
- Name the theme song contests:
- The Munsters
- Leave It to Beaver
- F Troop
- Lost in Space
- Man from U.N.C.L.E.
- Dave 'Snake' Sabo of Skid Row
- Tommy Victor of Prong
- 'The Lady Is A Tramp' by Frank Sinatra w/ Alice overdub
- 'I Dismember You' by Snake and Lonn Friend
- 'Hammer Down' by Cold Ethyl
- 'Generation Landslide' w/ vocal overdub by Lonn and Snake
- 'Under My Wheels' by w/ Tommy Victor and Lonn
April 14th, 1994
- Lita Ford comic books and guitar picks
- Billy Idol autographed portrait
- Gwar prosthetic
- Joan Jett "weenie" ring and portrait
- Alice Cooper stage sword
- Queen package
- Iron Maiden leather jacket
- Wes Craven Director's chair and torture chair from 'Serpent And The Rainbow'
- Name Billy Idol's first band - Generation X
- Which album is Alice's "Public Animal #9" on? - School's Out
- Name Joan Jett's old band? - The Runaways
- What would you do with Alice's sword if you won it?
- Name Queen's first hit single?
- Name Iron Maiden's new singer? - Bruce Dickenson
- Name the actor in 'Nightmare on Elm Street' who is swallowed by the bed - Johnny Depp!
- Lita Ford
- Wes Craven (phone)
- Daphne Zunega of 'Melrose Place' (phone)
- Alice's Attic cancelled in Winnipeg
- 'Working for the Weekend' by Loverboy
- The Royal Canadian Yaksman
- 'Jeepers Creepers' by Mel Torme
- Robert Wolonsky of the Dallas Observer
April 15th, 1994
- Scorpions drum head, drum stick, and t-shirt
- Marvel Comics package
- Anthrax autographed seriagraph
- Lock of David Bowie's hair!!
- Sylvester Stallone's boxing gloves and shorts from 'Rocky'
- Alice Cooper's straightjacket from the 'Trash' tour
- What country are the Scorpions from? - Germany
- Who created Spider-Man - Stan Lee and Steve Dikto (Bet the only wanted Lee's name!)
- What TV sitcom did Anthrax guest star on? - 'Married With Children'
- What Metallica video is Lonn Friend in and what t-shirt is he wearing?
- Name the movie that a soundclip was played from? - 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles'
- Which song does Alice perform while wearing a straight jacket? - 'Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Guests: Zakk Wylde (guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne)
- The reason why Alice's Attic was cancelled in Winnipeg
- Odds for the new James Bond
- "Clap On, Clap Off" Condom
- 'Machine Gun Man' by Zakk Wylde
- 'Lovin' Woman' by Zakk Wylde
- Alice comments that 'Sun Arise' is the B-side of 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport'
April 19th, 1994
- CD's from Rhino Records
- Swag package
- Alice Cooper CDd package, leather boots, shorts, and cap
- Madonna's bra!
- Lollapalooza package
- Fisher 24 CD Changer
- What is ground rhino horn used for in Asia?
- What type of car was Clinton seen in on TV that morning?
- Name the members of the original Alice Cooper group
- Name three movies starring Madonna
- Spell "Lollapalooza" backwards
- Who is featured with Alice in the Fisher 24 CD Changer ad - His mom!
- Scott Ian of Anthrax
- Guy Osirrey of Maverick Records (phone)
- Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue
- 'You' by Candlebox
- 'Off The A List' by Surgery Love it or shove it)
- 'I Love the Dead' singalong
April 19th, 1994
- 19 CD's from Priority Records
- Lemmy's 'Ace of Spades' jacket
- Bon Jovi autographed Fender Stratocaster
- Brockam t-shirts and swag
- Planet Hollywood leather jacket
- Alice's top hat and cane
- Guns 'N Roses swag from Brockam
- Hollywood Records stuff
- Name Iron Butterfly's hit song - 'In-a-gadda-da-vida'
- What band was Lemmy in prior to Motorhead? - Hawkwind
- Name Bon Jovi's first single? - Runaway?
- What is Nikki Sixx's daughter's name?
- Who owns Planet Hollywood?
- What album is 'Might As Well Be On Mars' on? - 'Hey Stooid'
- What type of car does Slash drive off a cliff in one of GNR's videos?
Guest: Ritchie Sambora
- Listener mail
- 'Hey Jude' by Bing Crosby
- 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters' by Senator Sam Irving
- 'Hmm Hmm Hmm' by the Crash Test Dummies (Alice comments that this song reminds him of Dennis Dunaway compostions)
- Anders, journalist from Sweden
- 'Billion Dollar Babies' live from Chicago (Alice tribute band)
April 20th, 1994
- Brockam t-shirts
- Danzig drawings
- Sammy Hagar CD's and poster
- Alice Cooper silver stage pants
- Kim Bassinger's pink dress and script from 'Final Analysis'
- Bon Jovi package - stadium jackets, shirts
- Hard Rock Cafe leather jacket
- Aerosmith 'Get a Grip' tour jacket
- Spell "stench"
- Name the guitarists from the misfits and Danzig?
- What album is 'Get In the Ring' on?
- What character did Bill Graham play in 'Bugsy'?
- Name the two people who co-starred with Kim Bassinger in 'Final Analysis'.
- Bon Jovi's bassist has a tattoo of what on his chest?
- What city is the band 'Paw' from?
- What street did Aerosmith live on in Boston when they were first breaking into the music business?
- Gene Simmons of Kiss (phone)
- Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith (phone)
- Kurt's phone call in which Alice does his Simpsons voice
- 'Jesse' by Paw live in studio
- Unknown track by Paw live in studio
April 20th, 1994
- 'Death Stick' Golf Club
- Planet Hollywood stuff
- Brockam swag
- Eleven jacket
- Neil Gaiman autographed hardbound books
- Steve Vai's dreadlocks
- 'Welcome to My Nightmare' lithograph
- Who recently hosted a celebrity golf tournament? - Alice?
- Who is Arnold Schwarzenegger married to? - Maria Shriver
- Name the former guitarist from Megadeth and name his current band
- What Soundgarden track did Natasha of Eleven play on?
- Name Sandman's son
- Name Steve Vai's first band
- Which movie star appeared on the 'Welcome to My Nightmare' album - Vincent Price
- Neil Gaiman (phone)
- Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick (phone)
- Steve Vai (phone)
- 'Money Talks' by AC/DC
- 'I'm So Tired' by the Beatles with overdubs by Alice and Lonn
- 'I Hate Your Guts' by Zakk Wylde
- Alice's John Lennon/Elected story
- 'Crash' by Eleven (live in studio)
- 'Heronomous' by Eleven
- Alice lived on "Toofer Street" in East Detroit [presumably he's referin to Toepfer Road in Warren, MI]
April 22nd 1994
- Brockam swag
- Motley Crue stuff
- Michael Douglas autographed hat and shirt
- 'Saturday Night Live' tickets
- Sharon Stone icepick
- Metallica road case
- Sony minidisc player with six minidiscs
- Grab bag party package - skull hockey jersey, tons of CD's, cassettes, Marvel comics stuff, posters
- Elvira fur bikini, comic book, videotape, and lock of hair
- Who did "Mother Brian" (aka Renfield) meet last night?
- Tenth caller
- What was Michael Douglas' character's name in Falling Down?
- Name the comedian in the clip played - Chris Farley
- What movie is Sharon Stone making now and who is her co-star?
- What video is it Lonn shows Lars in the Metallica home video
- Name the keyboardist of Tool?
- 18th caller
- What is Elvira's bust size
- Les Garland
- Joan Jett (phone)
- Maynard from Tool (phone)
- Elvira (phone)
- 'Hmm Hmm Hmm' by the Crash Test Dummies
- Sheryl from Cary, TX - ZRock contest winner
- 'I Left My Heart in San Francisco' by Tony Bennett
- 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' by the Beatles
- 'One' by Metallica
- 'Be My Lover' by Joan Jett
- 'I Hate Myself for Loving You' by Joan Jett (singalong)
- Stone Temple Friend