Christmas Pudding 2019

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Christmas Pudding 2019

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Not the finest hour of the original group, but entertaining nonetheless.

I thought the version of I'm Eighteen was the highlight.

Good to hear School's Out being played full through without the Pink Floyd interjection.

Well done to Alice for finally clearing up the chicken story. Glad he felt able to talk about it at last.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Christmas Pudding 2019

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Alice and the band seemed to be having fun. Ryan Roxie probably would have been better fitting in than Joe who had zero stage playing and didn't seem to know the songs. Oddly, Depp, who knows the songs didnt play lead. I honestly have no idea what he does. Looks down at the floor, strums, stops etc

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:31 pm

Stage presence. Damn auto correct!

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:09 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:08 pm
Not the finest hour of the original group, but entertaining nonetheless.

I thought the version of I'm Eighteen was the highlight.

Good to hear School's Out being played full through without the Pink Floyd interjection.

Well done to Alice for finally clearing up the chicken story. Glad he felt able to talk about it at last.
Of course, those that FEAR the OG will down play any reunion...

But the Pudding show, concerning the originals (plus outsiders), was excellent for what it was...a semi-jam session. Pitkin is right about Bonamassa and Depp. At best, they added little to the performances. Roxie's presence would have been a benefit. Band members were enjoying themselves and the crowd loved it. (Remember this was NOT just an "Alice" crowd...lots of Judas Priest and metal rockers (Slaughter) in attendance. Nita got a lot of applause too.)
Best thing? The Alice Cooper "Family" was there...and I don't mean Alice's wife and kids...but the extended family of OG fans from all over the country and world. A great gathering of the tribe. :)
What you want and what you get are two different things

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am

Certainly don't fear a reunion, just don't think I need it. I'm an OG fan and an Alice fan too. Does that put me outside the "family"? I don't think so.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm

del wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am
Certainly don't fear a reunion, just don't think I need it. I'm an OG fan and an Alice fan too. Does that put me outside the "family"? I don't think so.
LOL. You are an "Alice" fan first and foremost. You will want and desire an OG reunion if and when "Alice" tells you that you want one. :(
What you want and what you get are two different things

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:01 pm

:-)
acg and alice fan too, but there is so much nostalgia considering the possibility of a reunion..
I admit when listening to the Astroturf that the ACG gives you something hard to the describe, but on the other hand I won't forget how much pleasure the current band gave me so far .
So whatever happens, fine with me, as long as Alice continues;.
you really wouldn't understand..

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:23 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm
del wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am
LOL. You are an "Alice" fan first and foremost. You will want and desire an OG reunion if and when "Alice" tells you that you want one. :(
That I am and I'll get there if the calling comes. That said the reunion encore in the UK was a chance to see and acknowledge the OGs for their part in the story. It just didn't leave me wanting more, that's all.

Happy to be corrected if the calling comes...