Umbangi Stomp
No votes

Total votes: 54

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:10 am

IMO:
I think it could be improved at the beginning if they added some bass to the opening. I think it's too distorted at the beginning and then sounds fine after the first hook.
Me = Winning

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:00 pm

Well, it's just not grabbing me. Being in between "You Make Me Wanna" and "Jesse Jane" probably doesn't help it out for me.
I rated it very good, which it is...but it doesn't have enough excitement to really draw me into the story.
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

Mr. Axlerod
Trash
Trash

Post by Mr. Axlerod » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:52 pm

Pretty good...although I find the riff very QOTSA-ish. Should be fun live!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Exelent, probably my favorate on the album.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

MrDemeaonor
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MrDemeaonor » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:49 pm

This song should be completely re-done. It has so much potential but didnt quite work in my opinion. The intro doesnt fit with the rest of the song at all. The chorus is kinda cliche then the ending is kinda cool with the muted trumpets but it doesnt really fit with the rest of the song either. The whole song should have been built around the trumpet part instead of just adding it on the end as an afterthought to give it that James Bond feel. "Halo of Flies" it aint...hell it aint even "Man with the Golden Gun" which sucked or "Unfinished Sweet" which was brilliant. Maybe AC has gotten that whole spy theme song out of his system with this one.
Now he wants to live here...there goes the neighborhood

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:06 am

First, I'd like to see an extended video, like 'Thriller", made for this. It'd make a great mini-movie!

Second, does the very first part reming anyone else of the music in the WW1 scenes in Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin?!
I'm too young to be this old!

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:56 am

killer_sheep wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:So who said Diamonds are forever? Alice :D

not a chance it was Burley Chassis in the 1971 JB film

I have a bootleg from the early '70's and Alice sings "Diamonds are forever..." in place of the line: "But I still did destroy her..." from Halo Of Flies. :rock:

Edited By Jay on 1124099748
All of the above is just my opinion.

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:10 am

zoogirl wrote:First, I'd like to see an extended video, like 'Thriller", made for this. It'd make a great mini-movie!

Second, does the very first part reming anyone else of the music in the WW1 scenes in Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin?!
I agree with the mini-movie zoogirl. He should get Quenton Tarantino to do it. That'd be quite the combo.

I haven't seen Charlie Brown in ages, not since I was a little kid! I'd like to check it out again and listen for the music.

This song reminded me of Unfinished Sweet and Gutter Cat Vs. The Jets, lots of suspence in the music. Very theatrical sounding, easy lyrics to visualize (Alice's usually are).
All of the above is just my opinion.

Shoesalesman

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:04 pm

Some of the lines seem odd, but a good rocker!!! I love the horns and such thoughout the song. Brought me back to Muscle of Love a bit.

FREEZIN
Trash
Trash

Post by FREEZIN » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:20 am

Ok, what was that? It sounds like a theme song from an old TV show (many have said an old Bond movie, and I've even heard it compared to a Batman theme). I like the song for the most part, but it sounds way too out of place compared to the rest of the cd. Maybe that was the goal, being the title track n all... but in my opinion, it was the wrong song in the wrong spot
theSICKESTthing

Coop.rus
Trash
Trash

Post by Coop.rus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:07 am

I voted this songs a "good" one because it is a great one but something is not there. Howver it has been compared by lots of people who I spoke with to James Bond theme of song, but it's cool I guess. One more thing was that lots of people compare this to Paranoid by Sabbath and this is not what you think of when you listen to the song but thien you relalize that you can find some parallels. However I listen to it but this is not one of the faves. I think it would be funny to view the movie of Alice doing the villain in these series along with this as a soundtrack.
oh, hello, the mystery of "O"

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sumorider » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:10 am

Excellent...

What is "Dirty Diamonds" ?

miss axle rod
Trash
Trash

Post by miss axle rod » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:21 pm

The guitar's distorsion is crazy at the beginning! Once again Alice treats us to his growling style singing on this song! I just wish it would have been the "first track" on his new cd! It would have opened with the song that the cd was named after!