Live From the Astroturf

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Live From the Astroturf

Post by Dannorama » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:19 pm

I know that there are numerous discussions about this title, but I think that this is the first thread centered on it.

What an absolutely fabulous release. My version is black vinyl with the reflective foil cover. The sound is fantastic. The packaging is detailed and beautiful. The event was magical in the first place! The band's performance is stunning. Full credit to Chris Penn, owner of Good Records, who made it all happen. This album is by far one of the most satisfying vinyl purchases that I've ever made. I'm anxious to see the movie. Word is that it's coming out this year. Possibly soon!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Live From the Astroturf

Post by rgallie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:19 pm

Yes I have also heard through the FB group for it a release is due for the movie. I have just ordered a copy from Good Records website, was not expecting to see it on sale

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:58 pm

A lot of momentum has been lost for the movie. Id really like to see it. The record I can live without.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 pm

This whole story must have gone over my head when it was done. But I've just shipped the limited edition splatter record from the States and with it 3 copies of the Astroturf show. Cost me an absolute fortune - £50 I think for delivery.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Postage in the U.S. Has gone through the roof as well. Hopefully you won't get some stupid customs tax.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:49 pm

I ordered the gold, Good Records version that comes with additional extras, along with the splatter DS vinyl.

Really looking forward to giving both a spin. From the reviews/unboxing videos I’ve seen online, the Good Records version is one, if not the most comprehensive vinyls I have seen. It’s going for quite a bit on eBay and although shipping was a bit much for me, I couldn’t pass up on the historical part of the release.

I’m expecting a good weight on it!

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 am

I just ordered the clear gold vinyl Good Records edition! Really looking forward to this beauty! :)
"I'm just another case…”

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:00 pm

Amazon UK has got a listing for a 'Live From The Astroturf CD and Blu-Ray' combo release listed for £18:52

Release date is noted as being September 30

"Track Listings
1 The Eighth Wonder Of The World
2 Caught In A Dream (Mb Vocals)
3 Be My Lover (Alice + Ryan Roxie Join)
4 Whatever He's Doing It's Illegal (Banter)
5 I'm Eighteen
6 We Haven't Done This One In About, What, 40 Years? (Banter)
7 Is It My Body
8 Threatened For A Month (Banter)
9 No More Mr
10 I Guess Things Are Getting Better For You (Banter)
11 Under My Wheels
12 It's A Dangerous Place To Be (Banter)
13 School's Out (Chuck Garric Harmonica)
14 More Fun Than It's Supposed To Be (Banter)
15 Elected (Encore!)
16 School's Not Over Until You Vote (Outro)
17 Desperado (Soundcheck)
18 (Instrumental Bonus - Track: Theme From The Documentary Film live From The Astroturf, Alice Cooper)

Product description
By 1974, the Alice Cooper group had risen to the upper echelon of rock stardom... and then, parted ways. In October 2015, over 40 years later, record store owner and superfan Chris Penn convinced the original line-up to reunite for a very special performance at his record store Good Records in Dallas, Texas.

Alice Cooper (vocals), Michael Bruce (guitar), Dennis Dunaway (bass) and Neal Smith (drums) were joined on stage by Alice's current guitarist Ryan Roxie (standing in for the late Glen Buxton). A packed audience, believing they had come to Good Records for Dennis Dunaway's 'Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!' book signing, were surprised to bear witness to a full-blown happening.

The historic reunion show including all-time classics such as "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "I'm Eighteen" and "School's Out" is now becoming available for the very first time worldwide. Luckily the event was documented. "Live From The Astroturf, Alice Cooper" (edited and directed by Steven Gaddis) toured the world to the acclaim of music fans and rock journalists alike. The documentary won multiple awards for its coverage of the historic event. Now all Alice Cooper fans and rock music lovers across the globe can enjoy this movie as it's included as a video bonus to this live album.

Pop the popcorn, blow up the balloons, dim the lights, and crank it up! Format Information

Blu-ray: DOCUMENTARY FILM INCLUDING FULL SHOW "Live From The Astroturf, Alice Cooper"

EXTRAS: Music Video "I'm Eighteen" (Live From The Astroturf); Music Video "Under My Wheels" (Live From The Astroturf); Extensive Interview with Bruce, Michael and Neal
Total Running Time: over 100 Min.
Language: English
Screen Format: 1080p/24, 16:9
Audio: PCM Stereo
Region Code: ABC
Disc Format: BD25"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... hingsuk-21
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:30 pm

Anxious for this whole experience. Desperado will be fun to hear!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:30 pm

I'm waiting on details of the GoodRecords edition.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:16 pm

can't find anything on the Amazon page mentioning the film, just says "2 discs". typical non-info from them, and the same as i got w/ Zeit - won't let me preorder as "there's a problem shipping to my address."
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:25 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:16 pm
can't find anything on the Amazon page mentioning the film, just says "2 discs". typical non-info from them, and the same as i got w/ Zeit - won't let me preorder as "there's a problem shipping to my address."
Amazon version is 2 discs as in CD and DVD or Blu-Ray I would guess.
More versions and details will show up as times moves on.
Pretty sure I posted the different combinations (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Vinyl) a couple of weeks ago but there will be more complete info on Amazon etc soon I'm sure so you know exactly what you are ordering.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:17 pm

I ordered straight from Good Records.

At least for those of us in the US, why not put our money right into Chris' pocket even if it costs a few bucks more than Amazon.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:37 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:25 pm
killer wolf wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:16 pm
Amazon version is 2 discs as in CD and DVD or Blu-Ray I would guess.
More versions and details will show up as times moves on.
Pretty sure I posted the different combinations (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Vinyl) a couple of weeks ago but there will be more complete info on Amazon etc soon I'm sure so you know exactly what you are ordering.
the page is now showing a bit saying it's a blu ray documentary and full show, but it's still not letting me pre-order. Zeit eventually let me pre order about a week before release, dunno what the craic is but probably this will be the same so i'll keep trying on a weekly basis. bit crap for being a Prime member w/ a valid address they're fully aware of etc etc.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm

I really wish companies would do LP/Blu Ray combos instead of LP/DVD and CD/Blu Ray. I suppose they shift more units this way. Same happened with Detroit Stories

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 pm

Doesnt look like a CD/DVD combo which is a bit of a bummer

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:30 pm

Just pre-ordered from Amazon... until you get all of the way through order process it says Cd.
I couldn't get to the Good Records page. :(
But, the image shows 2 discs. Confusing, Yes! When I got to the confirmation page it did say
Cd/BluRay. Just need to cross my fingers that such a low price includes the 2. :8):
I would be very disappointed in not being able to see their performance!
P.S. Have we heard anything about a "Proshot"of the current Tour?
AC & Co. would be remiss to not add this tour to the video archive.
Are you listening Shep? I doubt if any SickThings that have seen the tour would pass up an
archive doucement especially if they happened to be in that particular audience. $$$$$!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:50 pm

nurserozetta wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 pm
Doesnt look like a CD/DVD combo which is a bit of a bummer
Step up - my BluRay player has issues with DVD's. ::((:
They glitch so much I have to stop & turn off player & restart. :nono:
Plays all of the way after. :8): I still buy both but, will spend a couple of dollars more
for glitch free. :devil:
Never a problem with a BluRay. :HEART:
P.S. Pre-order is $16.99 US from Amazon!
That is just a bit more than a "New" release Cd!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:50 pm

P.S. Have we heard anything about a "Proshot"of the current Tour?
AC & Co. would be remiss to not add this tour to the video archive.
Are you listening Shep? I doubt if any SickThings that have seen the tour would pass up an
archive doucement especially if they happened to be in that particular audience. $$$$$!
Please, please, please can this be a thing!!! this tour needs to memorialized properly!!!

Remmy
Trash
Trash

Post by Remmy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 am

I have pre-ordered the CD from Amazon.fr, but they do not give much info either on what we get either for the CD or the Vinyl. https://www.amazon.fr/Live-Astroturf-Al ... B09XZ3BF6B
There is more information on the EarMusic web page https://www.ear-music.net/alice-cooper- ... astroturf/
I am considering ordering the vinyl too but would like to have more info on the booklets differences between the CD and Vinyl versions (size only, or more differences). And Amazon.fr does not present the different Vinyl versions, only "Vinyl" without color description (which one we get if we order it ? black ?)
suziginajackson wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:00 pm
Blu-ray: DOCUMENTARY FILM INCLUDING FULL SHOW "Live From The Astroturf, Alice Cooper"

EXTRAS: Music Video "I'm Eighteen" (Live From The Astroturf); Music Video "Under My Wheels" (Live From The Astroturf); Extensive Interview with Bruce, Michael and Neal
Total Running Time: over 100 Min.
I don't understand, if there is the full show, why mention these videos specifically ? and as a bonus ???
rgallie wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm
I really wish companies would do LP/Blu Ray combos instead of LP/DVD and CD/Blu Ray. I suppose they shift more units this way. Same happened with Detroit Stories
Me too... Why not a deluxe set, with vinyl, CD, Blu-Ray and DVD in a hard cover book format ? This has been done before (also been sold before ;-)