Re: Setlist

Post by Swinger » Wed May 25, 2022 11:26 am

steven_crayn wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:14 pm
suziginajackson wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 pm
There is an average review of the Swansea concert in The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/ ... nsea-arena
It probably wasn’t woke enough for The Guardian.

As Rod Stewart once said “all journalists should be shot”
It's a review that basically amounts to "It was good but kinda predictable", is that really worth that comment?

Personally I would say that whenever I've seen Alice live I've known what to expect, but that's not a bad thing - a great part of why I like it is because he and they are so darn good at doing what they do and that alone excites me.
But I'm fine with if someone else finds that predictability a bit boring.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm

With such interesting songs dropped (He’s back, Go to hell, Fallen in love etc) I feel strange for what to expect for the setlist. We have to wait of course and I hope they add some songs. I hope not to get such a cut setlist on Greece as he plays as special guest for the Scorpions..

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed May 25, 2022 4:39 pm

Holly Grail wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm
With such interesting songs dropped (He’s back, Go to hell, Fallen in love etc) I feel strange for what to expect for the setlist. We have to wait of course and I hope they add some songs. I hope not to get such a cut setlist on Greece as he plays as special guest for the Scorpions..
Fallen In Love was played in Swansea.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 26, 2022 12:33 am

London set exactly the same as Swansea... Unless someone wants to correct me

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 am

Review of the London 02 concert at 'The Up Coming'

https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2022/05/2 ... -review-2/
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri May 27, 2022 6:06 am

So has Alice been on after the cult every nignt so far? Not fussed about seeing them

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 27, 2022 6:23 am

rgallie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:06 am
So has Alice been on after the cult every nignt so far? Not fussed about seeing them
Alice will be going on last every show.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Not sure what happened to Alice saying he was gonna change the setlist every night.....
(which i know in alice language means one song, but the setlist was exactly the same so......)

Shame he played less songs in UK than on recent US tour but London was a great gig - shame the crowd didnt care and or seats killed the vibe.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 pm
Not sure what happened to Alice saying he was gonna change the setlist every night.....
(which i know in alice language means one song, but the setlist was exactly the same so......)

Shame he played less songs in UK than on recent US tour but London was a great gig - shame the crowd didnt care and or seats killed the vibe.
Whenever ive been to his seated gigs everyone stands

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 27, 2022 8:26 pm

rgallie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Whenever ive been to his seated gigs everyone stands
Of course they do, it's a rock show... well, accept for the morons in the front row at London (right in front of us in the left block) the other night, who just sat there in their seats all through the show like statues, not even clapping after songs. Actually not completely true, one of them got up a couple of times to shout at the two fans who WERE standing at the barrier and enjoying themselves, because they were blocking her view....
Two others at the end of the front row also sat throughout the show, except for three trips to the bar (the show is only 75ish minutes!).

This is what you get when you have VIP tickets and put the unsold (The Cult) ones on sale for face value three weeks before the show... You get slightly interested people at the front, and the real fans who bought their tickets when they went on sale stuck 30 rows back...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 pm

This is what you get when you have VIP tickets and put the unsold (The Cult) ones on sale for face value three weeks before the show... You get slightly interested people at the front, and the real fans who bought their tickets when they went on sale stuck 30 rows back...
Hate it. I think there are many different ways you can still rinse rich people for VIP packages and still allow the fans to be up front and rocking.
I was at least 15 or 20 rows back and while people stood, they barely moved, clapped or otherwise got engaged. terrible.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Fri May 27, 2022 11:30 pm

Manchester setlist was the same as the two shows before.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sat May 28, 2022 10:28 am

Probably the longest I've gone without seeing Alice after Covid and everything, was a bit apprehensive to see if there was any dip in performance or vocals and that recent crap review and talk of poor sound. Has to be said the band and Alice were on top form. Think we all wanted an extra ten mins on the show, great to see Shut Up and Rock. Would have rather had a couple of other tracks in place of Go Man Go and Fallen In Love but credit to Alice for mixing up the set over the more recent 'castle tours'.

Nearly didn't bother with Creeper but well worth a watch and thoroughly enjoyed their short but sweet set.

I do like a bit of The Cult (I've seen them twice before). Thought their set was a slow burner (playing a few numbers I'm unfamiliar with) but by the last half of their set when they played some of their more well known tracks (She Sells Sanctuary, Rain, Love Removal Machine) they really kicked in. Ian had a bit of a strop on him, bless him, he did mention his brother had some health issues currently so maybe there's more to it than meets the eye. Billy was fantastic on guitar.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat May 28, 2022 11:02 am

Enjoyed the Manchester show. Disappointed that the set list seems to be identical to all the other shows, completely contrary to what Alice promised. But that's becoming a recurring theme. Shame the set was pretty short. I thought Fallen in Love and Shut up and Rock sounded great in a live setting.

All in all I enjoyed the show and Alice looked in great form. Love the band, they have such a great chemistry.

£7 for a pint of watery Amstel made me laugh out loud though. And we were sat/stood next to some very miserable looking Cult fans. Not sure their audience mixes too well with the Alice crowd. Lol.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 28, 2022 11:19 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:02 am
£7 for a pint of watery Amstel made me laugh out loud though.
How about £36 just to park at the 02 and use your ticket? Thieving bastards.

Also the merch prices (as usual) were pumped up in London. £75 Hoodie now £90 in London.
Yet again that is the venue's greed demanding a percentage of all merch sales. It's something that has had some publicity since covid (and bands making most of the income through merch). Almost all venues do it but London has always been more expensive to start with so it's getting worse.
Rule of thumb: Never buy merch in London. Get it at another show or online afterwards.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sat May 28, 2022 3:52 pm

Went to the Manchester show last night and wanted to share my thoughts. I thought Creeper were OK. Nothing special or unique about them to make them stand out but I have seen worse support bands.

I thought The Cult were excellent. Ian Astbury reminds me a bit of Jim Morrison. His voice has some similarities, and just like Jim, you never know what he is going to do or say next. Great frontman.

Alice was as always, fantastic. Yes, it's pretty much the same show as Oct 2019 but I enjoyed it then and I enjoyed it again last night.

As for the crowd, they seemed really up for it. There was an elderly couple sat in front of me who I thought had stumbled into the wrong gig. Then I thought 'Perhaps they are the parents of one of the members of Creeper' Creeper did their set and there was no reaction from the couple. The Cult? Nothing! But the second the curtain fell for Alice, they were up on their feet for the whole set singing and clapping along!

I also saw the cutest young boy and girl dressed up as Alice. The boy looked about 5 years old and the girl 7 or 8. Alice's audience covers the whole spectrum age-wise!

Comus
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Comus » Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 pm

Same again tonight in Glasgow

Honestly I expected to be a little disappointed that there wasn’t more new stuff but absolutely loved it. Really enjoyed Creeper. The Cult were pretty dull. Their singer has a real ego and comes across as very unpleasant. My first time at the Hydro though and thoroughly I pressed with the venue!
Is someone calling me?
...No
I think I hear a voice
It's outside the door!!

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun May 29, 2022 8:18 am

If the person in Glasgow that gave my son the guitar pick they caught is on here...Thank you

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun May 29, 2022 9:43 am

thankfully for me im a huge creeper fan so i was ecstatic to see them. they were great and by the sound of it won a few of you over.
I actually really like allot of the cult but they were rubbish live with a plodding set and lifeless renditions of the classics. Ian seemed to be in a strop and moaned constantly that people were having fun wrong. they were a big disappointment and i ended up sitting down for most of the set.

I was gutted the alice set was shorter than the US setlist but it was a great show as usual. I really, really hope one of these gigs is getting filmed, this is one show that needs memorializing

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun May 29, 2022 9:58 am

fabulous shows at Manch and Glasgow.
was a bit gutted last night, the lights dimmed and a few people went up to the barrier so i joined them. the security lass checked tickets and said my row wasn't included in the allowable ones so i went back. And Alice tossed his cane right where i would have been standing :-(
tch.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\