Desmond Child with Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Desmond Child with Alice

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Just happened to stumble across a Desmond Child interview on SiriusXM.

He talks about recording an album of him doing a bunch of the songs he co-wrote over the years.

Then he mentions he's also going to release a single with Alice Cooper (a duet) in the next year.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am
Location: RI

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by AliceFan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Very cool !! So this is the new album that Alice has been talking about? That's going to be released in 2020 sometime? ?

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by Si » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:23 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:01 pm
Very cool !! So this is the new album that Alice has been talking about?
No, it isn`t.
Desmond "mentions he's also going to release a single with Alice Cooper (a duet) in the next year."

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Yea, the way it was mentioned sounded like he's doing a separate project working with other known artists, but specifically mentioned the song with Alice.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 am

Can't wait for this! Desmond Child singing to another man! Maybe it's another of Alice's cross dressing songs.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 am
Location: United States

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 am
Can't wait for this! Desmond Child singing to another man! Maybe it's another of Alice's cross dressing songs.
It's a Desmond Child song.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am
pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 am
Can't wait for this! Desmond Child singing to another man! Maybe it's another of Alice's cross dressing songs.
It's a Desmond Child song.

Thought it was a co-write?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am
pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 am
Can't wait for this! Desmond Child singing to another man! Maybe it's another of Alice's cross dressing songs.
It's a Desmond Child song.

Thought it was a co-write?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:25 am

Mr Barlow has probably gone into shock!

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:07 pm

I had several good song titles posted for this collaboration but they were removed as they.must have upset a few of the members with a very sensitive nature.

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Alice Cooper the man who rose to fame by being outrageously offensive has fans who are offended by humor. Sign o the times!

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:23 pm

As reminder to all of the easily offended. The reason Alice took on the who shtick at the beginning was that being gay or a drag quern was highly offensive at the time. He used that to gain notoriety. Also, most of his lyrics are a humorous take on cross dressing and basically laughed at it.

It was not done out of supporting the gay agenda but rather to exploit the outrage that being gay had at the time.

Since times have changed and a lot of people have lost their sense of humor maybe 8ts time this site scrubs the offensive lyrics from Alice sings which mock cross dressing, etc.

Alice is and always has been a straight man. He also never identified by being a drag queen or a cross dresser. These were used to provoke and draw outrage....and to poke fun at with great wit and humor.

Now...all of you go back to your safe spaces.

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:33 pm

What about his Top from the rear cover of PFY?
Looks like he borrowed it from a Stripper!! :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by Si » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:10 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:23 pm
As reminder to all of the easily offended. The reason Alice took on the who shtick at the beginning was that being gay or a drag quern was highly offensive at the time. He used that to gain notoriety. Also, most of his lyrics are a humorous take on cross dressing and basically laughed at it.

It was not done out of supporting the gay agenda but rather to exploit the outrage that being gay had at the time.

Since times have changed and a lot of people have lost their sense of humor maybe 8ts time this site scrubs the offensive lyrics from Alice sings which mock cross dressing, etc.

Alice is and always has been a straight man. He also never identified by being a drag queen or a cross dresser. These were used to provoke and draw outrage....and to poke fun at with great wit and humor.

Now...all of you go back to your safe spaces.
I removed the posts. No one else. And *no one* complained about them, so you can stop having your tantrum against "easily offended" members of the forum.
And it had nothing to do with ME personally finding them offensive.
I removed them because they added nothing to the conversation, weren't funny (just childish), and *could* have needlessly offended some members here or others visiting the board.

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm

When humor (childish or not) is found to be offensive and censored on an ALICE COOPER fan site it's time for me to leave the stage.

"Could have needlessly offended some members..." speaks volumes.

The whole point of Alice was to offend, mock and satirize.

At any rate--my time on this site has come to an end. It's been nice being a member and I made a new friend (Pitkin) but I will not be censored for humor and satire out of fear it may offend some sensitive members.

As they say in Mexico----"Adios!".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:38 am

Bloody Hell!

User avatar
padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:01 am

I have a 25 year old lesbian daughter who calls me every other day with a new batch of gay jokes. Mrs. Padre has collected black jokes most of her life. She laughs till she cries. She's also black and as kind a lady as you're likely to meet. I have a 26 year old son (same age as Mrs. Padre) who's a mechanic. He's as straight as they come, yet becomes easily offended over just about everything. I don't think there's a one size fits all when it comes to sensitivity. I try to consider my audience before I say something which might be construed or misconstrued as mean spirited. When in doubt, leave it out.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: holland

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by mestreech » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:30 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm
When humor (childish or not) is found to be offensive and censored on an ALICE COOPER fan site it's time for me to leave the stage.

"Could have needlessly offended some members..." speaks volumes.

The whole point of Alice was to offend, mock and satirize.

At any rate--my time on this site has come to an end. It's been nice being a member and I made a new friend (Pitkin) but I will not be censored for humor and satire out of fear it may offend some sensitive members.

As they say in Mexico----"Adios!".
Very very sad and what a waste of a person/fan with humor.
I really liked your comment and found it not at all offensive.
I really hope you make one day a comeback as this site and many more sites need people like you.
Mr. Barlow - arrivederci

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:39 am

I didn't see it but doubt it could have been that offensive. Agree with Mestreech.

User avatar
While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Desmond Child with Alice

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Always find it weird when someone has to announce their departure from a message board.

Just stop posting!

Post Reply