12%
Ubangi Stimp
5%

Total votes: 58

FlushTheFashion
Trash
Trash

Post by FlushTheFashion » Mon May 02, 2005 2:14 pm

Melody Black wrote::( I never heard either one. But if its like ZCS I'd Love it.
Hve nt heard the tune but im with ya . if its like a zipper tune it can't be bad .

On thing i would love to see is the coop start doing some writeing with dick wagner again .

Madame Bondage

Post by Madame Bondage » Mon May 02, 2005 3:21 pm

Wicked Little Lady wrote:
killer_sheep wrote:frankly i've never understood those fans who appear over protective of our man and cannot stomach a critique of cooper product.

Hey thats what women do--we are the great protectors! It is a pre-programed response to any assault on something we love. I will defend "our man" to my grave!

Sure there are Cooper songs that I dont particularly like (Despirado being one) but I would never use the word "suck" in conjunction with it or anything by Alice.

Some fans are partial to the drums or guitars and they were definately downplayed and pushed to the back on STC which is where I believe the problem with the tune lies. Some of us are the type of fans that really dig the vocal aspect of his music. Alice was very inovative with his voice on this track and I found it quite fastenating--especially the off key screem at the end.

Sorry--gotta trash the bashers! I have no stomach for it!
You said it all and very eloquently WickedLittleLady. :D

I refuse to defend the fact that I will always protect someone I admire and I also stand by what I said about some of you being WAY TOO nit-picky.

If you don't like me, or what I say - TOUGH :p

Madame Bondage

Post by Madame Bondage » Mon May 02, 2005 3:26 pm

alienspice wrote:For me, Alice is like a naughty uncle....I'll crtitique him amongst "the family", but if someone outside the family says anything mean I'll jump at their throat.
I have always assumed that on this messageboard, we are ALL coming from the perspective of loving Alice for who he is and what he does and wanting him to succeed. Within this "safe space" we can discuss what works and what doesn't, for us individually. It's not "alice bashing" if you are coming from a perspective of being a big enough fan to spend 5 hours of your life every night listening to his show, not to mention the countless other hours online here on the messageboard, or listening to his music, or, erm, watching Trashes the World with the pause button in hand. I could talk about what I love about Alice for days on end, but occasionally he does disappoint me, and sometimes even piss me right off. I come here to talk about that stuff because I assume that everyone already knows that I love Alice, and nothing negative I say changes that.
Yes, I realize that this sounds very much like family therapy. The doctor is in.
I hear what you are saying too AS and I agree with you - but what I am mad about is the people on this forum who are unnecessarily RUDE about Alice, using words like 'sucks' in regard to things he does. I don't find THAT acceptable. :nono:

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon May 02, 2005 3:40 pm

I fail to understand why some of you think it is okay for us to be madly in love with a song but its not okay to dislike it. It's ONE song. Not everyone can like the same things as you and it doesn't make them any different. Big deal!

And I know the "sucks" comment was directed at me, if not partially. Was it a little harsh and a little fast of me? Sure, but no one said Alice sucked. I just thought the song royally sucked for an ALICE COOPER song at first. It's growing on me and I guess a part of Alice's variety, but don't jump on someone and draw it out in a three page thread just because someone doesn't share the same views as you. It's not fair and doesn't exactly make for a fair opinion thread if someone is "wrong" for their stating their hearty honest opinions.

Edited By WickedYoungMan on 1115048717
Me = Winning

An Essay in Insanity :)
Trash
Trash

Post by An Essay in Insanity :) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:17 pm

Okay, my take on the song.....
I heard WOMD first and thought nice, I like that...an old Alice feel to it, then I heard "Steal My Car" I loved it and you guy are right it has a zcs feel to it.

killer_sheep
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_sheep » Tue May 03, 2005 11:39 am

Madame Bondage wrote:You said it all and very eloquently WickedLittleLady. :D

I refuse to defend the fact that I will always protect someone I admire and I also stand by what I said about some of you being WAY TOO nit-picky.

If you don't like me, or what I say - TOUGH :p

i'm not sure why you need to slavishly support all alice product.

you are on dangerous ground intimating that some fans might not "admire" alice cooper when they offer a critique about his output.

i stand by my critique wmd has its moments and stc doesn't imho. except when i was a wee bit tiddly on sunday night and it kinda appealed then.

don't like you ?? where did that come from.

looking forward to our zombie dance discussion.

dolly once again sends her :HEART:

FlushTheFashion
Trash
Trash

Post by FlushTheFashion » Tue May 03, 2005 1:34 pm

finaly got steal that car .Ok here;s my review

Im guessing from this tune that the album is going to have a very stripped back sound . Plus is the tunes will work very well live , on the down side if you like big epic s like welcome to my nightmare your prob not going to enjoy this stripped back approch .

But i will wait to hear the entire album before i review it . : ) but steal that car is very stripped back . a very garage rock sound on the drums etc and minimal production .

Talking from a song writeing point of view the tune steal that car is average at best . But it could grow on you like the zipper album did with me .

One thing i will say is im beting there are plenty of great tunes on the album . So why would the coop be useing the average filler tunes to plug the album . very bad move in my books from a sales point of view .

Bring the new coop album on as im ready for more

Billiondollardes
Trash
Trash

Post by Billiondollardes » Tue May 03, 2005 2:40 pm

killer_sheep wrote:i'm not sure why you need to slavishly support all alice product.

you are on dangerous ground intimating that some fans might not "admire" alice cooper when they offer a critique about his output.

i stand by my critique wmd has its moments and stc doesn't imho. except when i was a wee bit tiddly on sunday night and it kinda appealed then.
I have to strongly agree with Jollyjon here 100%.

If Alice released a CD with farm animal noises would you expect ALL fans to love and lavishly support such a product?

No! So just because some fans do not like these new songs does not mean they do not admire Alice Cooper.

Most fans on sickthings have spent many years of their lives and a lot of money on following Alice. So IMO this allows us the ability to critique Alice in anyway we please.

I also stand by my reviews of the new songs that they are simply not good enough. There are lot of fans making excuses for Alice's new output and fans making the best out of a bad situation thus far. We want him to be good all the time and when he is not, we don't know how to deal with it.

I am still hoping Zombie Dance is killer though!!!

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Tue May 03, 2005 2:53 pm

I've said it before... Alice has a major problem.
He has set the bar SO high, that we expect, or at least wish, him to keep at that level of excellence. That is almost impossible it seems.
However it should be noted, as someone else said, that in different company we'd stand up for Alice to the death! But here we are all fans so we should be able to say how we feel about something, even if it's sometimes a little negative.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue May 03, 2005 3:00 pm

FlushTheFashion wrote:But i will wait to hear the entire album before i review it . : ) but steal that car is very stripped back . a very garage rock sound on the drums etc and minimal production .
It's a full stereo sounding song as I pointed out, the netfeed sound wasn't that great and played it as a mono which is why it sounds "raw." Imagine listening to the song out of one speaker or just one channel, that is why it sounds so "raw." Believe me I can tell its a full blown song. Alice has some vocal effects and Ryan has a great guitar filler but you can't hear it because its on the other channel!
Me = Winning

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Tue May 03, 2005 3:06 pm

You keep saying it's in mono, but my feed is definitly in stereo.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue May 03, 2005 3:17 pm

If it isn't the feed, then it was how it was played on the air, but I can tell that there is more to it than what we were hearing. Bass and vocals were way up there and the lead guitar fill was way in the background. Which means essentially that if it is a full stereo song that the lead guitars and other things will definitly fill in on the other channel. I can about bet we did not hear a full stereo song which would have made a TON of difference.
If not, he needs to fire the engineer who POORLY mixed the songs.

Edited By WickedYoungMan on 1115133596
Me = Winning

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Tue May 03, 2005 3:25 pm

I think the bass is the best part of the song ;)
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Devon

Post by Devon » Tue May 03, 2005 3:28 pm

You mean the bass... player right? :p

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue May 03, 2005 3:51 pm

I`m a bit late on this one.I thought I`d read some comments before I listened to it ,and to be honest i wasn`t expecting much.
I thought it ,not bad,I hope the rest of the album is an improvement though.
4/10. Must do better.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Devon

Post by Devon » Tue May 03, 2005 4:01 pm

Perhaps it's the "Lace and Whiskey" of 2005. Some hits and some misses, but with a plethora of variety.

And yes, this is WickedYoungMan, but I'm at school and I'm too lazy to keep logging in and out :p .

FlushTheFashion
Trash
Trash

Post by FlushTheFashion » Tue May 03, 2005 6:41 pm

i agree with Si , the last few albums have been so outstanding . That anything less will be viewed as subpar .

But as Wickyoungman said it could be a hit and miss album like lace and whiskey ( That i still listen to the entire album and enjoy ) .

Im betting on a good album with some tunes diamonds and some tunes not polished up to our high cooperholic standards . But music is a personal thing , we all know how some people hate zipper , Da Da etc and others love this era . Dirty diamonds may also fit in this select type of album .

If i log on here tommorow and zombie dance is also getting mixed reactions , it will be interesting to say the least .

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue May 03, 2005 9:29 pm

For the record ( ha ha! ), I really like it; straight forward, simple rockin' tune, with a touch of the Ramones about it in opening and pace, plus a bit of commerciality 'thrown in' - literally!

Where else can he go now anyways?, he has literally "done it all", might as well enjoy the view!

It has a good 'single' potential about it too.

Edited By Maurice on 1115155879
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat May 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Well after listening to the Ross show and Steal That Car, yhere is no doubt that original feed sucked! The Ross Show's Steal That Car sounded great! So I think I take Steal that Car from a 4/10 to a 6/10 after hearing it on a better feed.
Me = Winning

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sun May 08, 2005 6:55 am

Yes I totally agree the original feed sucked big time...i listened to the Ross Show as well..and it is great...you can hear the guitar strong and clear...I would say for me it prob has brought the song up to 7/10 :D
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face