For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter North American T

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 pm

patrick wrote:For me he could drop brutal planet as an opening song : too long to maintain the attention imo, certainly for people not familiar with BP.
I like the song buh not to start a gig .
Sidenote:in the last Dp cd there is also an interesting dvd showing how it al works
Bob ezrin in it too.
It was a great opener in 2000

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Si wrote:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Expected Dwight fry and not a pointless Nita solo and extended halo of flies instrumental in such a limited set time thats for sure.

And yeah women of mass you would think would be one of the fist to go on a shortened set
Nita's solo is less then 2 mins and serves as an intro to 'Poison'. It doesn`t tale the place of another song and probably also serves to cover for a costume change.
I agree on dropping Halo in short setlists though. Could have three other songs in that slot.
Could squeeze in dead flies instead :)

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 pm

I think Brutal Planet is a wonderful opener. Specially if you think what's going on in the world today.

But for setlist's sake, Why on earth drop the good things and stick to Halo of Flies?

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:I think Brutal Planet is a wonderful opener. Specially if you think what's going on in the world today.

But for setlist's sake, Why on earth drop the good things and stick to Halo of Flies?
Why that and that drum solo? They're boring.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 pm

It gives Alice time to catch a breath and change clothes.

Hunter

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 pm

In response to horrorholic, i'm sure Alice will add one other new song on this tour like you were saying if he played newer songs, but tour just started and new album has only been out 3 weeks give him time more new songs will get played if not on this current tour then after this tour ends, you know Alice does things at his own pace. An regarding the stage show being the same year after year i'm fine with it,I've have no complaints, why should he change it at this point in his career? You know what i mean.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:51 am

I actually like Brutal Planet in there as a huge fan of that album (and it's a non-hit, even though I wouldn't say it's a rare song since he plays it often).

I am confused as to why it's the opener and played so consistently, but I won't complain about it staying in the set. IMO he should drop Billion Dollar Babies. He's shown a willingness to do it (Wacken), and of all of the hits, it is probably my least favourite. Also wouldn't mind seeing Feed My Frankenstein dropped in favour of Pain or The World Needs Guts.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:10 am

Does Woman of Mass Distraction get much of a crowd pop at all? Just wondering why he keeps putting it in the setlist. I personally hate that song. Put Dirty Diamonds back in if you must.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 am

SickThings wrote:It gives Alice time to catch a breath and change clothes.

Hunter
A show so exciting even Alice has to change his pants at mid-point! I always take an extra pair when I play golf - just in case I get a hole in one.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Does Woman of Mass Distraction get much of a crowd pop at all? Just wondering why he keeps putting it in the setlist. I personally hate that song. Put Dirty Diamonds back in if you must.
The interaction with Nita is obviously something Alice likes, and after seeing the show last night quite a lot actually know the song and the cheer after it was quite loud so he doesn't lose the crowd with it.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Suprising but I guess whatever works.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Si wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:I think Alice has always been his own worst enemy when it comes to his career. Since Brutal Planet he hasn't really tried anything new when it comes to his setlist or stage shows.
While the setlist was generally the normal songs the 'Theater Of Death' stage production featured lots of new things, from the opening shadows on the curtain to the silhouette screen, the 3D logo and other stuff. I would say THAT was the last new production. Since then it's been mainly rehashed older theatrics.
Yeah that's true actually. I absolutely loved that tour too!!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

SickRick
Trash
Trash

Post by SickRick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 pm

My photos from Atlanta - Alice absolutely stole the show last night. No surprise.

https://www.facebook.com/rick.fansonthe ... nref=story
.............................you really wouldn't understand.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:24 am

SickRick wrote:My photos from Atlanta - Alice absolutely stole the show last night. No surprise.

https://www.facebook.com/rick.fansonthe ... nref=story
Those are super pics, man.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Saw the show in Mansfield, Massachusetts last night. First of all, Edgar Winter was great. Super fun warm-up that got us really excited for the rest of the show. Alice and band were in top form. Everything sounded great, including WOMD and Paranoiac Personality. The truncated set and limited space on stage really helped make it a super tight rock n roll show.

Deep Purple was pretty good, but they are definitely getting old. They can't compete with Alice's energy. There's no doubt that Alice does the smart thing by going on first. He gets the best of the crowd's energy. A lot of people were sitting down for a good chunk of Deep Purple's set and a lot of people left before it was over.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 am

TeresofBlood wrote:Saw the show in Mansfield, Massachusetts last night. First of all, Edgar Winter was great. Super fun warm-up that got us really excited for the rest of the show. Alice and band were in top form. Everything sounded great, including WOMD and Paranoiac Personality. The truncated set and limited space on stage really helped make it a super tight rock n roll show.

Deep Purple was pretty good, but they are definitely getting old. They can't compete with Alice's energy. There's no doubt that Alice does the smart thing by going on first. He gets the best of the crowd's energy. A lot of people were sitting down for a good chunk of Deep Purple's set and a lot of people left before it was over.
From the videos I've seen, EW and AC are really good. DP is kinda dusty.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 am

I've seen the following reported:

Edgar Winter 6:45-7:30PM (45 minutes)
Alice Cooper 8:00-9:10PM (70 minutes)
Deep Purple 9:40-11:00PM (80 minutes)
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Seen Deep Purple a couple o times, thought they mixed the old classics and new material well. Was at Milton Keynes a few years ago when they headlined the Monstors Of Rock show and they stole the show....and it had a strong cast of....Thunder, Ted Nugent, Queensryche , Journey.....and our Alice

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:07 am

My 16 year-old daughter recruited a bunch of her friends for the trip to Indiana to see Coop last night. Apparently they loved it and they're all hoarse from singing along with every song. She messaged me from the venue with pics and updates. They left when it was time for Deep Purple.

I had to cover for her and tell her mother shes been at my house a couple days. Kids...