The phenomenal encore

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: The phenomenal encore

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 am

It seems that Alicefan is not an Alice Cooper fan..

I Mean, you don't know that Alice doesn't talk to his fans? You think that only the old hardcore fans go tto the shows?

As a matter of fact, there's a big portion of "old hardcore fans" that cares mostly about Billion $ Babies and nothing more. Some of thosethat you referred ad "old fans", are people who are really old and WON'T be around facebook pages or forums to know what is going around regarding a new album...

Somebody said it before.... But you seem kind of delusional :/

PS: With love, just trying to help open your eyes

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 am

My god there is some amount of negativity on this forum! Alice is releasing his first album in over five years. He is shaking up his concerts in the most spectacular way any of us could have dreamed of, by reuniting with the original group, and even before the album is out people are whining about he will play this and won't play that! It's actually a bit depressing. Personally getting to see the ACG is more than enough.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I hope reuniting with the original band is a test run for the future. As for how many new songs from the new release will be played while on tour with Purple , I concur with the 0 to two suggestions. I work security at concert venues and if you are not the headliner you get an hour at the most. With Edgar Winter making it a 3 bill night, I'm pretty sure that is how it will workout. Especially at outdoor venues where time curfews are strictly enforced.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 pm

revinkevin wrote:I hope reuniting with the original band is a test run for the future. As for how many new songs from the new release will be played while on tour with Purple , I concur with the 0 to two suggestions. I work security at concert venues and if you are not the headliner you get an hour at the most. With Edgar Winter making it a 3 bill night, I'm pretty sure that is how it will workout. Especially at outdoor venues where time curfews are strictly enforced.
Too be clear, this is a *co-headline* tour. Both band will have approx the same stage time.
Alice normally goes on first at these co-headline shows (with Zombie for example),as opposed to things like the Crue or Maiden shows where he was 'Special guest' and not equal billed, is as much because he doesn`t have the ego many other bands have, and is perfectly happy to let any other band attempt to follow his show. Generally reviews of such situations speak for themselves.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Yup co headliner might be different but time curfews are in most all venues. Possibly earlier start times will help but the outdoor shows I have worked are loath to start before 7pm.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:25 pm

dadascot wrote:My god there is some amount of negativity on this forum! Alice is releasing his first album in over five years. He is shaking up his concerts in the most spectacular way any of us could have dreamed of, by reuniting with the original group, and even before the album is out people are whining about he will play this and won't play that! It's actually a bit depressing. Personally getting to see the ACG is more than enough.
Who didn't see this coming! *stfight* Over a month before the new album is released & dribs & drabs of info only lead to extreme speculation about minutia. :bam:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:24 pm

You realize a reunion like this is not unprecedented. :8):
Iggy Pop also brought back the Asheton Bros. in 2003 as contributors to Skull Ring & then did full album of new material with Mike Watt on bass & toured extensively before Ron passed away in 2009. Scott made it 5 years beyond that & recorded 1 more album with replacement (?) James Williamson on guitar. I just hope Dennis, Michael, Neal & Alice capture some of the Love, Glory & Admiration that was afforded to Ron, Scott, Iggy & James in their reunions. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:45 pm

From Daggers & Contracts:
"You realize a reunion like this is not unprecedented."

Also, on a slightly related topic and given that the people who make these sorts of decisions have been known to drop on in on these boards, it would be interesting if fans were given the chance to buy a paid meet and greet opportunity with the original band (Alice already has his own set up for the British tour). If people are interested, now would be the time to make that known.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:18 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Daggers & Contracts:
"You realize a reunion like this is not unprecedented."

Also, on a slightly related topic and given that the people who make these sorts of decisions have been known to drop on in on these boards, it would be interesting if fans were given the chance to buy a paid meet and greet opportunity with the original band (Alice already has his own set up for the British tour). If people are interested, now would be the time to make that known.

I sincerely hope that anyone who wants to meet MB DD and NS can do so without having to empty their wallets.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:35 am

pitkin88 wrote: His album sales are around 60-100k not in the millions.There will be no stampede to buy this release.
Really? My guess would be 10%-20% of that total.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:42 am

I appreciate people who do these paid meet and greets but doesn't interest me in the slightest. Add to that how the tickets have been handled on this UK tour is frankly dreadful (i have crap seats because i cannot afford to go to the scalpers websites as there is no standing)
I'm really excited for his new album and i'm excited to see him live but i am really angry that as a long time die hard fan i couldn't get good tickets when i logged on at the same time the tickets went live - but the scalpers had loads of front row etc.
It's great the ACG are playing and i am glad he has seemingly found a way to keep both camps happy (people who want solo and band stuff) so well played alice, good work, just wish the ticket situation was handled better, So disappointed.
::((:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: His album sales are around 60-100k not in the millions.There will be no stampede to buy this release.

I posted a link to some sales awhile back. While some questioned the data I believe it was in the ballpark. My point here was to show Alicefan ( who I hope hasn't been scared off ) that his opinions were way off.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:33 pm

2000....193....none....Brutal Planet.................................................................90,000.....62k-SScanSep04

2001....-----....none....Mascara & Monsters: Best Of.....................................170,000.....Rhino-75806

2001....-----....none....Alice Cooper Live: Toronto 1969..................................10,000.....Laserlight-21773

2001....197....none....Dragontown..................................................................65,000.....34k-SScanOct02 + 2k-Oct02 ('02re)

2002....-----....none....The Essentials..............................................................60,000.....Rhino

2003....184....none....The Eyes Of Alice Cooper............................................60,000.....28k-SScanAug04

2004....-----....none....School's Out And Other Hits.........................................40,000.....Rhino Flashback-78997

2005....169....none....Dirty Diamonds.............................................................55,000.....6.5k-SScanAug05w-1, New West-6078

2007....-----....none....Extended Versions........................................................30,000.....SBME Special Markets-706152

2008....053....none....Along Came A Spider....................................................70,000.....18k-SScanAug08, STMH

2009....-----....none....Triple Feature..................................................................5,000.....Sony A759795, 3cd (Trash/Stoopid/Temptation pack)

2011....-----....none....Old School: 1964-1974..................................................10,000.....Bigger Picture/Ume, 4cds +dvd

2011....022....none....Welcome 2 My Nightmare...........................................100,000.....28k-SScanOct11

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:

I posted a link to some sales awhile back. While some questioned the data I believe it was in the ballpark. My point here was to show Alicefan ( who I hope hasn't been scared off ) that his opinions were way off.
I remember as of 2013, Soundscan had reported an estimate of 75,000 copies of W2MN sold, and they only track North America completely while they do track digital in 19 other countries. ACAS was at 40,000 in the in the same report from 2013 which is his worst selling studio album, so I would have to believe that worldwide he generally comes close to 100,000 in sales.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:02 pm

I would agree with that. I am wondering if the HV's sold less than along came a stinker.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:19 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I would agree with that. I am wondering if the HV's sold less than along came a stinker.
I'd also be interested to know what it's totals are.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Interesting that in the album sales list pitkin88 posted above, the 2 top selling albums - and the only 2 to reach 100K or more in sales - include songs by the ACG.

Ted

P.S. I can understand 2 other ACG releases in the list - Alice Cooper Live: Toronto 1969 and the Old School box set - having the sales figures they do as everyone already has the former recording in 1 form or another and the latter cost $250+ when 1st released.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm

From Ted Sallis:
"Interesting that in the album sales list pitkin88 posted above, the 2 top selling albums - and the only 2 to reach 100K or more in sales - include songs by the ACG."

That isn't an entirely fair statement as the former was a compilation album intended to have as much mass appeal as possible.

>the latter cost $250+ when 1st released.

It was also a limited edition though.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:12 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Ted Sallis:
"Interesting that in the album sales list pitkin88 posted above, the 2 top selling albums - and the only 2 to reach 100K or more in sales - include songs by the ACG."

That isn't an entirely fair statement as the former was a compilation album intended to have as much mass appeal as possible.

>the latter cost $250+ when 1st released.

It was also a limited edition though.
Yes, you're right about the former being a compilation album, etc. I just couldn't help but make the ACG connection re. the sales figures.

And yes, I should have also indicated that the Old School box set was a limited edition.

Ted

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:I appreciate people who do these paid meet and greets but doesn't interest me in the slightest. Add to that how the tickets have been handled on this UK tour is frankly dreadful (i have crap seats because i cannot afford to go to the scalpers websites as there is no standing)
I'm really excited for his new album and i'm excited to see him live but i am really angry that as a long time die hard fan i couldn't get good tickets when i logged on at the same time the tickets went live - but the scalpers had loads of front row etc.
It's great the ACG are playing and i am glad he has seemingly found a way to keep both camps happy (people who want solo and band stuff) so well played alice, good work, just wish the ticket situation was handled better, So disappointed.
::((:
Personally my opinion folks don't crap all over me for it, I think that the new album at least I think at the UK shows Alice will play at least 5 new songs, 3 off main album, the 2 new songs with the original ACG, it makes perfect sense since they'll already be at the shows and you know once it gets closer to those shows fans are going to want to hear them live. Boy what a show that would be. An its not like Alice hasn't played 5 or more songs off a new album before. He did this last on "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" and Brutal Planet tours so anythings possible.