What Was The First Alice Cooper Album and Single You Bought?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: What Was The First Alice Cooper Album and Single You Bou

Post by Keith1980 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:58 pm

TRRRAAAAASSSSSSHHHHH

hehe that was my first i was probably about 11?? Roughly

Actually now that i think about it. Prince of darkness (found out way later this is a compilation of rasie your fist and yell and constrictor) was my first cassett. I temember listening to that after school for a few days in a row trying to write the lyrics out. No im not hennrick nor am i female and im sure they were closer than shed ever get lol.

Wasnt too soon after this i got science fiction and thanks to this site many years later i found out what i bought a truck stop for $4 was just that a truck stop rip off lmao. Aint it just like a woman. Go alice woot. Lol. Yes i know he didnt do that song its sarcasm.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:04 am

First album - B$B, although MoL existed at the time

I never collected too many singles (kinda regret that now). First AC single - Who Do You Think We Are

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:28 am

Toronto Bob wrote:First album - B$B, although MoL existed at the time

I never collected too many singles (kinda regret that now). First AC single - Who Do You Think We Are

Picture sleeve or generic?

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 am

My first Alice Cooper single was also the first record I ever bought. It was School's Out after see Alice on Top of the Pops. First album was Love It To Death the following Christmas.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:37 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:First album - B$B, although MoL existed at the time

Picture sleeve or generic?
stock WEA sleeve no pic

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:56 pm

LITD was the first LP I got. I had the Schools Out single but that was the only single I ever had. I was in the 8th grade and took the SO single to the roller skating rink (where jr.high school kids hung out) for the DJ there to play. After the first minute or so everyone was skating so much faster that they were crashing into rails and walls and mostly each other. He turned it off before the first chorus was done. Amazing looking back that song was so revolutionary for it's time. Now it's a RnR standard.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:06 am

Schools Out was my first album , I didnt buy a single until I started seriously collecting many years later , I think He's Back was the first

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:57 pm

The first Alice album I bought was Schools out when it came out but I had LITD and Killer on extended loan before that- Singles hmm- I might have only bought my first Alice single in 1982- the 12 inch "Who Do you think we are" with Live Radio Clyde recording from Glasgow Apollo 82 show (which I was at)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:45 pm

recoop wrote:The first Alice album I bought was Schools out when it came out but I had LITD and Killer on extended loan before that- Singles hmm- I might have only bought my first Alice single in 1982- the 12 inch "Who Do you think we are" with Live Radio Clyde recording from Glasgow Apollo 82 show (which I was at)

I think you mean For Britain Only.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:25 pm

My first album I bought was The Alice Cooper Show because I was about 14 & just discovered rock music with Kiss so when I seen a display of the Alice Cooper Show I gave it a try & loved it especially the guitars on I'm 18. I became a huge fan after that & my first single was How You Gonna See me now because of No Tricks as the B-side as it wasn't on the album

ConstrictorRules
Trash
Trash

Post by ConstrictorRules » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Constrictor. ...shocking, right?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:04 pm

ConstrictorRules wrote:Constrictor. ...shocking, right?
That was mine, too.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Brutal Planet was my first. I was 13. We had at home the old Alice albums. I thought that Alice will not have any more albums after The Last Temptation. I saw the Gimme video, and it surprised me. 2 weeks later found it one copy from Brutal Planet in a Supermarkt. That was my very first own Alice Cooper CD :alice:
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:17 pm

I got a copy of Trash back in 2007. Whilst it's not my favourite album now, I couldn't stop listening to it at the time. It certainly is what got me into Alice's music and within a month of hearing it I had 10 of his albums.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:35 pm

The first Alice Cooper album that I got was "The Beast Of Alice Cooper" hits comp. I got The Last Temptation probably a year after seeing Lost In America appear in an episode of Beavis and Butthead.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Mon May 02, 2016 4:16 am

Raise Your Fist and Constrictor on cassette tape, in an HMV sale sometime round about 1994 or 95.

First single was It's Me on cassette from a cut-out bin, and I hated it because it was so different (changed my mind in the context of the album when I finally heard it.)

Then I bought Brutal Planet on CD, loved it, went to see a show on that tour, on the back of which I listened to the album versions of the older tracks he played, and thus began my real love and appreciation of and for the man and his music.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon May 02, 2016 7:45 am

I was on holiday with my family in Gloucester in 72 and allowed to watch TOTP while my parents and relatives hit the home made wine in the dining room. Two long time relationships started that night. Hawkwind and Alice. Bought Schools Out from a small record shop in Cheltenham the next day. Also got my first poster of the band. The classic one from the Whistle Test. Remember my mum absolutely hated it. Couldn't play the single for a few days till I got home and remember being completely blown away by Luney Tune. First Album was Killer. Went to buy School's Out but when I saw the snake cover I just had to have Killer instead. Also remember the first listen to the album that night. Absolutely the biggest impact an album has ever had on me. Wonderful times..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:27 am

To those of you who got on with Constrictor/Raise Your Fist what did you think when you heard the classic 4 of LITD/Killer/School's Out and BDB's. These are hard rock albums with a lot of sophistication and a million miles from the metal stuff.

ConstrictorRules
Trash
Trash

Post by ConstrictorRules » Wed May 11, 2016 3:35 pm

pitkin88 wrote:To those of you who got on with Constrictor/Raise Your Fist what did you think when you heard the classic 4 of LITD/Killer/School's Out and BDB's. These are hard rock albums with a lot of sophistication and a million miles from the metal stuff.
I was 12 when Constrictor came out. But, I had heard some of the earlier stuff before...Eighteen, School's Out, No More Mr. Nice Guy...those three for sure from the radio. At the time, I gave Constrictor, Raise Your Fist and Yell, and Trash way more listens than the early stuff. I started buying the earlier stuff around the same time as those 3, but just didn't play them back all the way through as much. The sound was different than what was going on in the mid to late 80s. Not that that was a bad thing. :-) I think the School's Out album was probably my first purchase of that era. I remember not being too into the first half (other than the title track obviously), but enjoying My Stars, Public Animal #9, and Alma Matter. I remember REALLY liking Love it to Death! Black Juju was freaky to me! Ballad of Dwight Frye...awesome...I saw that performed on tour before hearing it on the album, so now I had a good reference for it. Killer...Halo of Flies was great! What a weird/crazy song! Dead Babies I was not into. :-) B$B...I enjoyed everything up to Sick Things.

That was a 12-14 year-olds reference. Mostly I liked all the old albums, but I didn't have the respect I do now for them. And I didn't enjoy them as complete albums as much as C/RYFAY/T. But, my tastes have changed quite a bit since then. The lyrics in I Love the Dead...love them now! Wasn't into it then. So, at the time I would mostly be listening to the 3 late 80s albums and going back to the old ones now and then. It was all good, just different. The late 80s albums have a special place for me because those were how I discovered Alice and were the ones I listened to most at a prime time in my life for impression. I had them all on cassette...it was a pain in the ass to get to the next song, so you generally listened to at least one full side before changing something out or flipping it over. Once CDs came out, that changed things up. The Last Temptation was my first Alice CD purchase and it took me a long, long time to get into it. Likely because it was on CD and I picked out 2 or 3 songs I liked most and would just keep going back to them. Slowly it became my favourite Alice album, though.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed May 11, 2016 8:47 pm

I got on board with Alice well before the Constrictor/Raise Your Fist and Yell albums so I knew all the original band stuff. May be in the minority but still overall prefer the early 80's to the present sound over most of the 70's stuff.