Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:27 am

From pitkin88:
"poor response."

You made the claim, so you have to show the evidence. Since you've always told us Michael is easy to contact (which he is, but that doesn't mean he will reply), maybe you can put your theory to him and tell us what his reply is.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:35 am

pitkin88 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Crayne deserves everything he gets. He runs his Facebook page like a fascist banning people off it with no warning for daring to have an opinion that isn't exactly the same as his. Right out of the Shiny Dime playbook. It's funny, all of these same people are the first to cry out when something "isn't fair!" yet they can't conduct themselves in a proper manner.
Yeah I had an experience with Crayne on Facebook recently. I asked an innocent question regarding the legalities of his 'Steven Crayne Archive' and he went bat shit crazy and banned me. Still not quite sure why he got so touchy.

RemarkablyInsincere..... I think the best thing to do is simply ignore these people. They're only here to annoy us. I think they get some kind of kick out of it. Kinda sweet really.

These people. Too funny.
Oh I'm scared, so hilarious, it's like the muppet show pathetic sad little friends who can't even spell or get their facts right.

Remarkably Insincere (what an apt name) said it was nothing new that I thought I'd probably be disappointed at this album when if he had read my review of the Welcome 2 My Nightmare album he might be able to comprehend (I know very difficult for him) that I'm not one of the "let's bash Alice because the band split up" brigade.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3SY0CMI1XL70H

As for all the rare and unseen photos I have provided for Facebook groups including sickthings that if people played the game and shared instead of ripping off, I wouldn't have started putting watermarks on some of them, so when people like While Heaven Wept start having a pop I just block them on Facebook instead of wasting my time on people of no consequence.

I've had my right of reply so as Si said why don't you now keep the topic on subject?

Trailer video for album here http://youtu.be/1T8GSIiD8lc
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:59 am

Si, can we create a 'quiet room' thread where people who want to spat over anything and everything have it out among themselves and everyone else can drop in when they want a laugh? TEDIOUS!!

Anyway back on topic. I've loved AC, group AND singer, for 44 yrs now and will no doubt continue to do so till I drop. I have looked forward to this album less than any I can remember because it wasn't really going to be Alice. I'm wrong, it is and I am delighted. Having listened many times now all the three tracks have grown on me and I'm loving it.

This is the first time since BP where tracks where that's happened so cheers Alice, Bob, Shep etc you've got the juices going for this!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:15 am

In interviews i have read, and i haven't read them all, Alice mentions Keith Moon, Jim Morrison, John Lennon and others, but he also mentions T.rex, i have not read where he mentions Marc Bolan, any idea why not?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:19 am

kevinuk81 wrote:In interviews i have read, and i haven't read them all, Alice mentions Keith Moon, Jim Morrison, John Lennon and others, but he also mentions T.rex, i have not read where he mentions Marc Bolan, any idea why not?
I should think to Alice they are the same thing.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:22 pm

I have to admit that this project has ended up to be way more interesting than when it was originally announced. I am more excited than I thought I would be. And in my opinion the guests are quite jaw dropping: Paul McCartney truly deserves to be called a legend, Joe Walsh and Slash are great guitarists, Brian Johnson is not somebody from an unknown bar band (even though I'm not crazy about AC/DC), Robby Krieger is from the legendary band Doors and Christopher Lee's acting career was long, productive and monumental. I'm actually very curious about Lee's part on the album intro.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:48 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:I have to admit that this project has ended up to be way more interesting than when it was originally announced. I am more excited than I thought I would be. And in my opinion the guests are quite jaw dropping: Paul McCartney truly deserves to be called a legend, Joe Walsh and Slash are great guitarists, Brian Johnson is not somebody from an unknown bar band (even though I'm not crazy about AC/DC), Robby Krieger is from the legendary band Doors and Christopher Lee's acting career was long, productive and monumental. I'm actually very curious about Lee's part on the album intro.
Indeed. It's mind boggling to think anyone could look at the guest list and be underwhelmed, especially for the time period in question.

My favorite of the 3 tracks is "I Got A Line On You"... I really dig Perry Farrell's vocals on this track.

"Dead Drunk Friends" is growing on me. It didn't set my pants on fire the first time I heard it, but I like it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:12 pm

With a few more listens (and a first good impression) I have to say I love the three tracks available...My Dead Drunk Friends is an absolute genius piece and the more I listen to it the more I think it could have been off The Last Temptation album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"poor response."

You made the claim, so you have to show the evidence. Since you've always told us Michael is easy to contact (which he is, but that doesn't mean he will reply), maybe you can put your theory to him and tell us what his reply is.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:14 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:I have to admit that this project has ended up to be way more interesting than when it was originally announced. I am more excited than I thought I would be. And in my opinion the guests are quite jaw dropping: Paul McCartney truly deserves to be called a legend, Joe Walsh and Slash are great guitarists, Brian Johnson is not somebody from an unknown bar band (even though I'm not crazy about AC/DC), Robby Krieger is from the legendary band Doors and Christopher Lee's acting career was long, productive and monumental. I'm actually very curious about Lee's part on the album intro.
Indeed. It's mind boggling to think anyone could look at the guest list and be underwhelmed, especially for the time period in question.

My favorite of the 3 tracks is "I Got A Line On You"... I really dig Perry Farrell's vocals on this track.

"Dead Drunk Friends" is growing on me. It didn't set my pants on fire the first time I heard it, but I like it.

It's mind boggling that someone doesnt share your opinion? Says it all really.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:22 pm

I've never understood why some people become so vitriolic, because others dare express a minority viewpoint; or - sacre bleu - have the audacity to criticise Alice's 'product'. Shouldn't diverse opinions make this forum a more interesting read?

For the record, I think all of Alice's studio albums from 'TLT', up to 'W2MN' (with the exception of 'TEOAC'), range from 'good', to 'excellent'; his first three, post-millennium, live albums are great, as well. In addition, I think Alice remains a good vocalist, and still comes across as one of the more affable people in the music industry. That doesn't sound like 'Alice bashing' to me.

Alice, and many here, think the guests are jaw-dropping. Fine. Pitkin88, and I, have a different opinion. That should also be fine. I happen to think 'ACAS' is one of Alice's very best albums, yet I know many on here think it's dreadful. Well, fine; I'm not about to personally insult someone for expressing their viewpoint, let alone dissect their postings. This is a music site, not a trollfest or a witch hunt.

Oh, and I still think the new 'SO/Brick' cover is terrible, mainly due to one of the (non)jaw-droppers, Mr Johnson.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote: It's mind boggling that someone doesnt share your opinion? Says it all really.
Nice try Mr. Negative.

What are you going to complain about today?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Please read post above yours.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:14 pm

concolz wrote: Alice, and many here, think the guests are jaw-dropping. Fine. Pitkin88, and I, have a different opinion. That should also be fine.
Nobody said you're not allowed to have your own opinion.

But you keep stating the same thing over and over in somewhat of a sarcastic, mocking tone on top of it.

We get it, you can't stand Brian Johnson and you're not impressed with the guest list. But do you need to keep stating this same opinion in every post?

It's almost as if you're upset that others don't here don't feel the way you do so you're going to keep telling us until you change our minds.

I caught wind that McCartney was on the album months before Joe Perry announced it on Howard Stern. I posted the original jaw-dropping article because I knew that, and agreed with it.

It's pretty impressive to have a Beatle on your record... and one not named Ringo... no matter what you think. The rest of the guests are fairly impressive too.

I'm curious, what guests would impress you?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:39 pm

concolz wrote:
It's pretty impressive to have a Beatle on your record... and one not named Ringo... no matter what you think. The rest of the guests are fairly impressive too.

Not that you were asking me specifically but hey public forum and all. I'm not sure there would be a guest list that would impress me. I'm pretty cynical when it comes to all-star musical collaborations. I think both parties are usually using each other for their own ends. Aside from any guest appearance by my own personal favorite musicians, I would love to have heard what Jack White could have done with AC, maybe working on some old Stooges material, or do an old Detroit type reunion (Wayne Kramer, Bob Seger, Terrible Ted). Maybe do some weird shit with surviving Mothers of Invention members, or hook up with Dweezil and cover some FZ.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:36 pm

concolz wrote: Alice, and many here, think the guests are jaw-dropping. Fine. Pitkin88, and I, have a different opinion. That should also be fine.
Nobody said you're not allowed to have your own opinion.

But you keep stating the same thing over and over in somewhat of a sarcastic, mocking tone on top of it.

We get it, you can't stand Brian Johnson and you're not impressed with the guest list. But do you need to keep stating this same opinion in every post?

It's almost as if you're upset that others don't here don't feel the way you do so you're going to keep telling us until you change our minds.

I caught wind that McCartney was on the album months before Joe Perry announced it on Howard Stern. I posted the original jaw-dropping article because I knew that, and agreed with it.

You have had a pop at 3 people in this thread for daring to have a different opinion to yourself. Why not just block people instead of trying to convince those whose jaws aren't dropping that you are right and they are wrong?

Docwyoming
Trash
Trash

Post by Docwyoming » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Glad he has a few new originals. For me, none of the covers are obscure enough to "feel" like an Alice song. e.g.- Clones, Ubangi Stomp, Sun Arise, etc... It will be nice to hear it but I'll play the disc a few times & it will probably be shelved. Now just get Ezrin, Mike, Dennis, Neal, & Steve H. and put out the album we've been waiting decades for.
Yes! A covers album should be relatively easy to do for a rock veteran, shouldn't get in the way of getting back into the studio soon.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:19 pm

There won't be an original band album, ever. Get over it.

Look at the bands that are 10 or 20 or 30 years younger and they don't put out albums that the fans have been waiting for. At best they put out albums that those very same fans bitch and moan about since the albums are "wrong".

You chaps can bitch and moan until the moon drops right on Paris but the original band was together for years and they have been apart for decades.

I get you don't like what Alice does now. I really do. I mean how could I not, since you hammer it with so many posts week in week out?

I like what he does. Now let me enjoy it without your constant bitching, please.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Maaki wrote:There won't be an original band album, ever. Get over it.

Look at the bands that are 10 or 20 or 30 years younger and they don't put out albums that the fans have been waiting for. At best they put out albums that those very same fans bitch and moan about since the albums are "wrong".

You chaps can bitch and moan until the moon drops right on Paris but the original band was together for years and they have been apart for decades.

I get you don't like what Alice does now. I really do. I mean how could I not, since you hammer it with so many posts week in week out?

I like what he does. Now let me enjoy it without your constant bitching, please.

Who is this aimed at. I think one person mentioned the band on this thread.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:30 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Maaki wrote:There won't be an original band album, ever. Get over it.

Who is this aimed at. I think one person mentioned the band on this thread.
It was me venting frustration because there is no chance to enjoy the moment in these boards. It must always be about Alice doing it wrong or about his "bullshit" as you put it, or this thing or that and if only [insert original band member(s) here]...

However, I realise now that it is my perception of the matter and I am out of line. People have the right to express their feelings of frustration, no matter how unfounded and frankly right down dumb and childish I personally find them. As I am in my rights to express my feelings about using these boards for whining year in year out, and people have the right to have an opinion about me as well.

So my apologies to everyone.