Post songs you want ALICE to play live that he never does

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GNDM

Re: Post songs you want ALICE to play live that he never doe

Post by GNDM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 am

smorgasson wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:
smorgasson wrote:I think it'd be nice if he did an "obscure" set for the Pudding since many of us hard-core Cooper fans migrate for that gig.
Which would still be a teeny, tiny percentage of the audience at that show.

Though, you never know what might pop up. During an equipment changeover this past year they had some dancers come out while Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever was played on the PA. And then Alice performed "Run Down the Devil" with Dash's band. That was very cool.
That'd be sweet to hear RDTD live!

You think so? I've only been to one pudding (2010) but I figured most of the crowd were either locals who were curious and die hards.
Locals yes. Some diehards, but lots of family members of the kids in the show. Like everywhere else....most want to hear the old HITS.

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:18 am

Locals yes. Some diehards, but lots of family members of the kids in the show. Like everywhere else....most want to hear the old HITS.[/quote]

That's true...dang. Well still I don't see anything wrong with using the Pudding as an obscure show...the people are already there and it'd be a real treat for the few die hards that are there.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:39 am

GNDM wrote:I see a few posters have suggested the idea of doing one show with more obscure or never done live songs. Others have suggested doing the same thing during part of the current tour. Might I throw in this point. For those of you wanting such a thing - how far are you willing or able to travel to see a show like that? Say he did a few shows - consisting of lesser known songs - during his trip to England. How many of the people from the USA will be there? Add the old visa-versa to that.

Sorry - the name of the game is money. He must be making money doing what he is doing now. Why change?
I'd be interested to know if the Club 100 show in 2011 was commercially worthwhile? I also wonder how long Alice and the band needed to prepare for the show bearing in mind the set list (probably not long, knowing how talented they are).

I'm probably being a bit niaive / romantic but I reckon Alice and Co. might not mind forgoing making money every once in a while, if it means doing something that he / they really want to do.

With regards to the one-off concert of rare material, I think it's a case of expecting nothing but hoping for something.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:47 am

Given the points made regarding playing more obscure songs in the show, two of the main issues seems to be the constraints caused by the economics that require the show to appeal to a wider audience and the types of songs that actually work in a live setting within the context of a show.
Some time ago I posted a thread about an Alice Cooper "unplugged" type of show. I think the word "unplugged" was ill advised-retrospectively I was really meaning a show one step further than "Bare Bones". Thinking out loud , so to speak,I was visualising more two guitars using lead and acoustic as appropriate, piano player/ synthesiser player, bass and drums with good vocal harmonies. No theatrics and minimal lighting. The show would be aimed at a more intimate audience. The band could play more accurate renditions of some the classics (e.g. "Eighteen" with acoustic as well as electric guitar + harmonica, "Poison" with sweeter vocals)and unshackled by expectations, songs like "Generation Landslide", "Crazy Little Child""Blue Turk""My Stars""Last Man on Earth" a couple of ballads. In addition, some of the early eighties stuff couldalso be featured because the context and band line-up would be more appropriate. It is a real pity Alice isn't mainstream enough to warrant "An Evening with...." type of television show which has some echoes of the kind of show I am sort of suggesting with Alice out of character for once.
Even if Alice would consider it, the truth is, it is probably uneconomic (that problem again) but if it was a just a one off filmed for DVD and T.V. could it re- coop the cost? The motivation for Alice to do it? An opportunity to show what a fantastic songwriter he is with a body of work that deserves considerable recognition beyond the make up and character.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:53 am

Well still I don't see anything wrong with using the Pudding as an obscure show...the people are already there

They might not show up next time, though. That is the point. If that danger exists, promoters won't arrange tours and if promoters don't arrange tours, there will never be any Alice Cooper concerts. That is the part some people here (not you, necessarily) STILL DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:03 am

>I'd be interested to know if the Club 100 show in 2011 was commercially worthwhile?

It doesn't matter because that wasn't the reason it happened. That was addressed in one of my recent posts, I think.

>I also wonder how long Alice and the band needed to prepare for the show

It can vary, but there are other things that need to take place before that even happens.

>bearing in mind the set list (probably not long, knowing how talented they are).

Alice certainly doesn't need to rehearse "School's Out" again, but he's very professional, so he does.

>I'm probably being a bit niaive / romantic

Yes, you are.

but I reckon Alice and Co. might not mind forgoing making money every once in a while, if it means doing something that he / they really want to do.

With regards to the one-off concert of rare material, I think it's a case of expecting nothing but hoping for something.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:04 am

At this point, will be happy with anything he performs-realize, like most "Classic Rockers" there are several songs he HAS to play, but ANY surprise is good . For example seeing DRAGONTOWN tour twice, he played "Feed My Frankenstein" the first time, then "Teenage Frankenstein" the second.
The man just has too much good material...my (impossible) dream would be Led Zep/Grateful Dead length sets. :love: :love: even if he does some songs in a medley form, which I believe he has done. As pointed out by many posters, lets be glad he is as active as he is.
Dom Dome, good to have you back! :alice:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:11 am

>and the types of songs that actually work in a live setting within the context of a show.

Exactly. For some reason, some people think Alice just scribbles down some song titles on a piece of paper with no thought as to what they should be.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:25 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I'm probably being a bit niaive / romantic

Yes, you are.
I expected that reply :rotfl:

I still think there's more to Alice than purely making money. I could point to the numerous times he's spoken about the Welcome To My Nightmare tour.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:38 am

Is there any chance Alice will perform Teenage Frankenstein again, complete with the trick with the table?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:39 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:Well still I don't see anything wrong with using the Pudding as an obscure show...the people are already there

They might not show up next time, though. That is the point. If that danger exists, promoters won't arrange tours and if promoters don't arrange tours, there will never be any Alice Cooper concerts. That is the part some people here (not you, necessarily) STILL DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.

I know I just like to have my hopes up. I understand having an obscure concert is rather far fetched...but a girl can dream can't she? :)
I completely understand the logistical problems with not appealing to the casual fans which, as stated earlier, makes up a larger percentage of the crowd. It's just nice to daydream about being at the Pudding and hearing Generation Landslide, Lace and Whiskey, Caught in a Dream etc...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:31 pm

>I still think there's more to Alice than purely making money.

Not to the extent that he would probably take the kind of risks some people here seem to want him to though. Again, the less familiar the songs are, the less people will go to the shows. The less people that go to the shows, the less money he will make. The less money he makes, the less likely he is to tour.

> I could point to the numerous times he's spoken about the Welcome To My Nightmare tour.

Actually, that's a pretty bad example. That was 1975 and it is now 2013, as I am sure you're know.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:35 pm

>I know I just like to have my hopes up. I understand having an obscure concert is rather far fetched...but a girl can dream can't she? :)

There is nothing wrong with that, but some people (again, not you) are a little more demanding that.

>It's just nice to daydream about being at the Pudding and hearing Generation Landslide,

I have been pushing and pushing for years for that song to be included, but for some reason, on the rare occasions it has been tried or rehearsed, it never seems to work particularly well in a live setting.

>Lace and Whiskey,

That would be a very bad idea.

>Caught in a Dream etc...

That is definitely one that would work well.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I still think there's more to Alice than purely making money.

Not to the extent that he would probably take the kind of risks some people here seem to want him to though. Again, the less familiar the songs are, the less people will go to the shows. The less people that go to the shows, the less money he will make. The less money he makes, the less likely he is to tour.
Agreed, there's clearly no sense in committing what could amount to career suicide. But an ad-hoc show every now and then? This is quite possible in my opinion, but only if the artist in question really wants to do it.
A_MichaelUK wrote:> I could point to the numerous times he's spoken about the Welcome To My Nightmare tour.

Actually, that's a pretty bad example. That was 1975 and it is now 2013, as I am sure you're know.
Fair point. Solid Rock might be a better example, or even the simple respect he shows his fans. If we're really scraping the barrel we could talk about the 'fact' that he hands out REAL MONEY at concerts!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:58 pm

>But an ad-hoc show every now and then? This is quite possible in my opinion, but only if the artist in question really wants to do it.

I agree but that isn't what some people seem to be asking for. They seem to want an entire tour based on something other than what they are currently getting.

>Solid Rock might be a better example,

That is an even worse example. Those shows are ALL about making as much money as possible because it is for charity.

> or even the simple respect he shows his fans.

He does show "respect" - he does it by performing, writing and recording to the best of his ability. That is both the least and the most we can expect.

>If we're really scraping the barrel we could talk about the 'fact' that he hands out REAL MONEY at concerts!

That actually did used to happen, in case you didn't know.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:52 pm

What I'm trying to say is that Alice (in my opinion) goes beyond the call of duty in many instances. There's more to him than personal financial gain whether that be his charitable work or going out of his way to make fans feel appreciated. This ethos clearly rubs off on the people around him as demonstrated by the posts on here from people like Kyler, Ernie and your good self.

I guess this is where I return to my previous point. Whilst I don't expect him to ever do a one-off concert of rare material (or maybe even a classic album from start to finish), I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he did regardless of whether or not it was commercially viable. That's just the kind of guy that he comes across as and why, in part, he has such a devoted following (people like Si, Bill Crowe etc.). The music's not bad either!

I'd heard rumours of the real money thing but wasn't aware if they were another urban myth or not.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:59 pm

This would never happen, but I always thought it would be cool to do a show/tour where he played one song off of every studio album.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:33 pm

>What I'm trying to say is that Alice (in my opinion) goes beyond the call of duty in many instances.

Thanks for the clarification.

>I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he did regardless of whether or not it was commercially viable.

Very few things happen unless that is the case. That is the reality.

>I'd heard rumours of the real money thing but wasn't aware if they were another urban myth or not.

I think they only did it for a very short time on the "Killer" tour. It was too expensive.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:30 pm

OK.....let's shoot for that ONE show where Alice plays mainly his lesser known songs. Now....WHERE will this show be? England? NYC? LA? Germany? Phoenix? or maybe, ''just down the street'' from these fans who are calling for this show? And...does he advertize the show before hand? In a sense, creating a 'Disclaimer' for that particular show?

So guys - not so much WHEN....but WHERE is this show going to be? I think this plan should be set up NOW, so these "diehard fans" from all over the world can make plans to get there. (PS: the lunch room at Cortez High School should be a large enough venue)

BTW....my vote for a venue is "My Backyard". I don't want to travel far.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:33 pm

>or maybe, ''just down the street'' from these fans who are calling for this show?

It has to be, otherwise they will complain!