Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Re: Disappointed by the show: a question

Post by tim10cc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

I am very disappointed with decisions.

In my opinion W2MN has been his best album since Brutal Planet.

We waited for NMNG tour to end with the hope of a W2MN tour would launch.

I know some of you readers are tired of hearing this rant.

Alice isnt getting any younger, tours are limited and this is not how I want to see my hero.

the most shocking thing about the current tour is the decisions that were made.
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:23 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Lesson 1 - Don't get carried away with Alice's stated intentions as it never quite happens that way...

I wonder if you will end up having to repeat that as often as I seem to have to.
I will if I have to!!

As my wife says - "If you did half of what you say you will you will be twice as good as any other man." Alice does a lot better than half in my book.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm the kind of person who definately prefers the theatrics but would still go to an Alice show regardless. I've always thought Alice should something similar to this Screaming Lord Sutch video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRM3LO2ZCac I'm talking about the spooky staircase, branches, street lights etc... it wouldn't cost much at all to have something like that built and it wouldn't be hard to move around. So while it wouldn't be expensive at all it would still give the appearance of something big and have a great atmosphere too.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:48 am

Shoesalesman wrote:Haven't been disappointed yet in all the shows I've seen over the years. IMO the experience of the show is as important, maybe even more, to what's played in it.

You are right Shoey, I was at Nottingham last night and the show was fantastic!
I thoroughly enjoyed it, and as far as I could see, so did everyone around me!
The place was buzzing during the show and after, I didn't hear any negative comments on the way out, like I have with some other artists shows I have been to, not saying there were none, but that is my perception.

Jaded, nearly lost her wig to Alice during Poison! So funny,Jaded!
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Yeah it was.. moonshadow! :rotfl:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm

I have just read the news section and I wanted to record, (for what it is worth) my gratitude to Shep for taking the time from what must be a hectic schedule to send a message.Whether he sees this message or not I think it is really brilliant that he has responded in this way to fans to clear up some of the "issues" surrounding the show which have led to some disappointment / confusion.It is a lot more than some artists and management would do with half of Alice's track record. A genuine thanks to him from me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Robbie wrote:I have just read the news section and I wanted to record, (for what it is worth) my gratitude to Shep for taking the time from what must be a hectic schedule to send a message.Whether he sees this message or not I think it is really brilliant that he has responded in this way to fans to clear up some of the "issues" surrounding the show which have led to some disappointment / confusion.It is a lot more than some artists and management would do with half of Alice's track record. A genuine thanks to him from me.
Well Said.
And yes, he will almost certainly see your message.

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Thank you Shep, for the message.
I have to say, that we enjoyed every moment of the show (Nottingham), covers and all!!!

There is a great team behind Alice, not just the band,(who were just fantastic)! Our grateful thanks to you all, and of course Alice, long may you continue. :rock: :HEART:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:Exactly!

I Don't know what happens with him...he also talk A LOT of Former Lee Warmer...and he also said that he'd like to play Scarlet And Sheba!
/

Could see Scarlet fitting in this current set ... :laugh:

Interested in what these "changes" will be that Shep mentioned.

A new intro to the covers section?

A new song or 2 in the set?

I guess there is room for change for the US leg ... Maybe they find that piano and play a Steven / I Am Made Of You medley ? :laugh:

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Somewhere in Aukland mentioned possible changes in reference to Shep's message.
I could suggest two changes.Perhaps on the Raise the Dead section some rrecognition of Glen Buxton as a further tombstone and maybe "You Drive Me Nnervous" or another early track as a tribute. Here is another one more fanciful-when Hello Hurray starts and the curtain drops there is a giant green wallet centre stage which opens to reveal Alice where the perforated pictures where. That would be a helluva tribute to mark the forty years that have passed!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Robbie wrote:Somewhere in Aukland mentioned possible changes in reference to Shep's message.
I could suggest two changes.Perhaps on the Raise the Dead section some rrecognition of Glen Buxton as a further tombstone and maybe "You Drive Me Nnervous" or another early track as a tribute. Here is another one more fanciful-when Hello Hurray starts and the curtain drops there is a giant green wallet centre stage which opens to reveal Alice where the perforated pictures where. That would be a helluva tribute to mark the forty years that have passed!!
Kinda hard to create those new props while the band is on the road playing shows.
Some of the changes Shep refers to have already happened over the course of the UK tour (resuffling the setlist, changing the intro and presentation of the covers section) although they are still tweeking things.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:22 pm

A tribute to Glen Buxton would be ideal it's still raising the dead of course. And I would say have more impact on the crowd than the other artists Alice is remembering

Obviously i don't expect the intro to change or any more "rare" gems to be added in the set, however these should all be considered for the next tour whenever that may be ... Give them 18 months to think of something else other than a curtain intro :evil:

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Robbie wrote:I have just read the news section and I wanted to record, (for what it is worth) my gratitude to Shep for taking the time from what must be a hectic schedule to send a message.Whether he sees this message or not I think it is really brilliant that he has responded in this way to fans to clear up some of the "issues" surrounding the show which have led to some disappointment / confusion.It is a lot more than some artists and management would do with half of Alice's track record. A genuine thanks to him from me.
Here, here. Fantastic gesture by Shep!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 pm

A tribute to Glen Buxton would be ideal it's still raising the dead of course. And I would say have more impact on the crowd than the other artists Alice is remembering
That thought crossed the minds of a couple of people in Arizona. Thanks for remembering.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:35 pm

That thought crossed the minds of a couple of people in Arizona. Thanks for remembering.

Not just in Arizona GNDM, but here on the South coast of England too. I always say a little thanks to the great GB everytime the opening riff to Schools Out is played live, so in a way Alice already pays tribute to His old mate...

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Robbie wrote:Perhaps on the Raise the Dead section some rrecognition of Glen Buxton as a further tombstone and maybe "You Drive Me Nnervous" or another early track as a tribute.
That would be the best idea and the easiest to make happen mid tour. I mean how hard can it be to make up a GB tombstone with the rest of the 4 .

And simply have a old school song other than a "classic" song to be added amongst the 4 covers .

Be amazing anyways

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Desperado22 wrote:I really don't mind about the theatrics. They're fun, but as long as the music is still great, then I'm not concerned that there are less of them on this tour. Besides, there are still penty of spectacular effects i this show.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased lol.
Well, then we both are. I go there for the music and not some bs theatrics, which is a nice extra, but no must. I think it's awesome he's finally playing House of fire again... that was the one Trash song I wanted to hear for ages, the same as Hey Stoopid (those were my first two AC albums).... glad it's still in the show... and Hello Hooray, He's back and Devil's food!? Awesome. Also glad to see Go to hell and Ballad back. He could drop Under my wheels, Be my lover and Frankenstein (even tough the Monster figure is pretty cool) though. Of course there are plenty of songs he could do which he hasn't done at one point in the past 10 or 15 years, but you can't have it all. As for the covers, Break on through and Generation are great, the other two drag. Foxy lady really is just not that good of a song. Maybe it would be better if those songs were shortened and only played for about 2 minutes each.
Last edited by PatrickS77 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 pm

del wrote:Tonight is gig 27 and I have never been disappointed. Sure, Alice himself has set false expectations for this tour and I just don't understand why he does that so often.
Hmm. Well... Alice is a lot of talk... that's nothing new really. But that makes him likeable.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Feed My Frankenstein for Teenage Frankenstein and still have the same monster :HEART:

Under My Wheels for You Drive Me Nervous

Be My Lover for a Ryan Roxie acoustic Spanish Intro leading into Desperado?

:clap:

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 pm

^^Yeah, I could work with that. ;)