For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Opening Night SPOILERS!!!!

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 pm

I Think IMO That the biggest problem with this opening night was that we were told bout a THEATRICAL BRAND NEW SHOW, A BRAND NEW DEATH, and we didn't get anything bout it. BUT I Think we must wait, cause if you pay attention, there's a lot of thinks in the stage that wasn't used. In the background there is even lyrics of Last Man On Earth, there is a craddle, there is some kindof figure in black and a mask, and Tommy said that the executioner had an important role in this show...but he didn't SO....Something must come next , I can't believe Alice has said that he'll do Something and now he retract with no reason, so maybe We'll geta Big surprise (maybe no in setlist but yes in show) this next show

PS: I'm new here , how bad is My english ?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:I Think IMO That the biggest problem with this opening night was that we were told bout a THEATRICAL BRAND NEW SHOW, A BRAND NEW DEATH, and we didn't get anything bout it. BUT I Think we must wait, cause if you pay attention, there's a lot of thinks in the stage that wasn't used. In the background there is even lyrics of Last Man On Earth, there is a craddle, there is some kindof figure in black and a mask, and Tommy said that the executioner had an important role in this show...but he didn't SO....Something must come next , I can't believe Alice has said that he'll do Something and now he retract with no reason, so maybe We'll geta Big surprise (maybe no in setlist but yes in show) this next show

PS: I'm new here , how bad is My english ?
Your English is fine ;)

You make some good points, let's hope Alice throws a few curve balls!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDlutuz6XQs

That was so great!...Hope something of this comes in the mind of Master Alice !

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDlutuz6XQs

That was so great!...Hope something of this comes in the mind of Master Alice !
Love that period. I have the poster from the beginning on my wall!

Aways wanted to see Roses on White Lace live, that song is monstrous!
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I Like a Lot that Album, would be great to see him doing old concepts... but i doubt we wants, he has changed his mind a lot, he won't do never something he doesn't believe anymore (as we can see on the case of Bed of Nails) But he's still great but i'm still mad at him because of the show in Chile D: :(

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Have to say, the Who fan in me is quite looking forward to the covers now!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Well, I guess some songs we'll never see, but I don't think thats the case with RYFAY. Actually, I thinks these are the songs Alice doens't play because he thinks they wouldn't get a good reaction. Hey Stoopid was a song I never thought I would see live again, but after he was asked to play it a few times e did it live and kept it on the set 'till this tour.

Don't be mad at him, the poor guy had a serious decease by then. I remember someone asking him at the meet and great if he was ok and he said it was a terrible day! I know it sucks to have the chance to see him so close and everything going wrong (I missed a chance to see him on the British Rock Symphony because of my age), but I'm sure he'll come back to South America soon!!

I aways wondered something about Bed of Nails. Ok, he doesn't play it now because of his faith. But he played it at Fistful, in 96, when, as far as I know, he already had came back to his old faith. Why is it a problem now and wasn't at that time?
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:But he's still great but i'm still mad at him because of the show in Chile D: :(
That wasn't his fault though! Food poisoning is an awful thing.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Who Knows! he also played at 2004 and played trash at 2002!... Personally I Don't Understand...He Played Nurse Rozetta and let me tell you, that song is not softer than Bed Of Nails!

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:Who Knows! he also played at 2004 and played trash at 2002!... Personally I Don't Understand...He Played Nurse Rozetta and let me tell you, that song is not softer than Bed Of Nails!
That's a good point. I've always been confused about what songs he is unwilling to play anymore. He still plays Cold Ethyl and Nurse Rozetta. And, as you said, he has played Bed Of Nails and Trash in the last ten years. So I'm never sure what songs he's referring to.

I think I heard him say he wouldn't play Spark In The Dark anymore, but I don't see anything in that song that's worse than Poison, for example. Not that I want SITD back in the set lol.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 pm

First of All!
I Know it was food poisoning but.... there were 20 minutes to start the Show, and most of people was not in the theater and Some guy of the Theater, we all heard him say ( at was at first row) He Won't ever play for a hand of fools... I Believe in Alice but THAT made me feel so bad :/

And I Won't ever undersand that of the songs he doesn't want to play
One day he says Alice is a character not me, it doesn't affect my religion, and the other day says, that songs contains sexual explicit lyrics, i don't wanna play them more , and then he plays Rozetta, Poison and Cold Ethyl ... That is weird
But Alice Is Alice And he'll be always my Idol ....PS: It Would Be Nice if he dropped Poison like the First SouthAmerican Tour, All for the sake of a Conceptual And Theatrical Tour :D

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:46 pm

If I ever meet Alice that's one of the things I'd like to ask. I've never fully understood what songs he feels are to sexually explicit to play live. He has named some but he has also continued to play them now and again.
And A Drink And A Smoke

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

Lucius wrote:
"I can't believe Alice has said that he'll do Something and now he retract with no reason"

As has been pointed out many times before, Alice tends to think out loud with all of his ideas (shows/tours, lps, songs,etc.). Often leading to many people forming a very specific view of what they think will ensue. Also, when Alice is talking it is to press, so he is trying to sell something (a tour, an lp, etc.). He will naturally hype it up based on his intentions. However, for a multitude of reasons, there are so many variables that come into play so that what eventually appears may be very different from the initial description.

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 am

Does he still incorporate Another Brick In The Wall into School's Out, or is that gone now?
And A Drink And A Smoke

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:42 am

Take this for what it's worth, but an Alice fan posted this on the MetalSludge board:
Cooperkill wrote:I don't know about blaming lyrical content, either. "Cold Ethyl" is about ******* a corpse and he has no problem playing that one. When Alice signed my "Bed of Nails" picture disc he said he doesn't play it live because there are no breaks and it basically wears him out.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Take this for what it's worth, but an Alice fan posted this on the MetalSludge board:
Cooperkill wrote:I don't know about blaming lyrical content, either. "Cold Ethyl" is about ******* a corpse and he has no problem playing that one. When Alice signed my "Bed of Nails" picture disc he said he doesn't play it live because there are no breaks and it basically wears him out.
That makes more sense to me than it being for moral reasons. Thanks for that.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 am

That makes so much sense...but the guy of the backstage then lied to us :O Hang Him!!!!!!!!!

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:31 am

Maybe Alice changed his mind about the song since he last played it? Who knows lol.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 am

I'd like a full picture of the stage background ! So many details !

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 am

must admit the "sexually explicit" reason for dropping BoN didn't seem to make sense given Feed My Frankenstein is still a regular.

pretty sure i did read somewhere he had objections to killings and murder tho, and that was in relation to him not playing ROWL any more, but again maybe i'm mistaken/misrecalling that aspect, as he was quite happy to skewer the cameraman last time i saw the show.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\