chart position

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: chart position

Post by recoop » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Is the album receiving more attention in US since it charted at no 22...any prospect of staying near no 22?..what do Americans(and anyone else) think of chances?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Really hard to say. It's a great release and word of mouth might do it. But I have not heard any radio play. Of course I was not really expecting any. Hip hop and Country rule the charts here. I was also at a local Wal-Mart the week of the release and they did not have any. There was not even a sleve for Alice and there was nothing in the new release section either. Could it had been sold out ?? Maybe, but I suspect they never got it in. If it is not at Wal-Mart in the US, that will definately hurt sales.
IMO, I think if Alice was presently doing a W2MN tour, it would help sales. If a W2MN does happen, I am thinking you would be looking at a spring start. That's about 6 months away. I don't think a tour that far from a release date will do too much to promote sales of the new record. Could be wrong and hopefully I am.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Walmart got it.My local store got like 10 copies not sure if any sold or not though.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Unfortunately in America, your debut chart position has become your peak position in most cases due to lack of airplay. Alice probably won't hit the top 10 here unless a commercial single (i.e.- "Baby Wants") is released soon. Hope to be wrong but #22 is fantastic- higher than Flush, FTI, GTH, and L&W.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:15 am

this is the highest charter since "trash" I believe,and "along came a spider" three years ago was the best since "hey stoopid" at that time. things are looking good in cooperland I'd say!

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:42 am

I have not seen any copies in Wal Mart. I thought a deal had been done with Best Buy to sell the album. When the artist does a deal with either Best Buy or Wal Mart doesn't that store get exclusive rights to sell the album?

For example, Chickenfoot did a deal with Best Buy to sell their debut album and I have never seen a copy of the album in Wal Mart but Best Buy always have loads of copies.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:09 am

Paul wrote:I have not seen any copies in Wal Mart. I thought a deal had been done with Best Buy to sell the album. When the artist does a deal with either Best Buy or Wal Mart doesn't that store get exclusive rights to sell the album?

For example, Chickenfoot did a deal with Best Buy to sell their debut album and I have never seen a copy of the album in Wal Mart but Best Buy always have loads of copies.
Hi
The album is at Walmart Just not every walmart. I have seen it at 2 of 3 walmarts
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:17 am

it's also at target!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:34 am

Paul wrote:I have not seen any copies in Wal Mart. I thought a deal had been done with Best Buy to sell the album. When the artist does a deal with either Best Buy or Wal Mart doesn't that store get exclusive rights to sell the album?

Some albums are exclusive to a particular retailer for some period of time. I don't remember what the Chickenfoot deal was, but the GNR Chinese Democracy was a Best Buy-only deal. Many artists (The Eagles, Journey, KISS, Foreigner) have signed exclusivity deals with Walmart, where the albums are available only at Walmart for a year. In that case, Walmart is acting as the sole distributor, and the artist makes a lot more money (in some cases, Walmart is, essentially, the record label).

In any case, Best Buy had an exclusive edition of W2MN with the bonus tracks, but the album itself is not exclusive to Best Buy.

Hunter

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:22 pm

seems like w2mn has entered the german charts at #16.
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:13 pm

thanks for info..very encouraging..Alice's populrity in Germany seems to have increased over the years

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 am

appears to be at no 87 on billboard US album charts just published..lets hope it can get a boost/stabilise next week

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am

it's fallen off the "hits daily double" site,which shows the first 50 albums. I'm happy with what this new album has done,even if it's hit it's peak. I was impressed to see the beatles "1" album on the charts,it's been out for 11 years,and obviously not even new material then.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 pm

scotty wrote:I was impressed to see the beatles "1" album on the charts,it's been out for 11 years,and obviously not even new material then.
Yea, it just got re-released. It hasn't been on the charts for 11 years.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:51 pm

theres a "global album chart" showing w2mn at no 37..if this was correct would be good imo

www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

couldnt paste link.if doesnt work try googling global album chart..an annoying site with flashing ads for phones and other things but useful info

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:54 pm

I don't know how that's a "global album chart" when it only reflects US album sales.

I wouldn't put much stock in this, whatever it is.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 pm

W2MN had quite a precipitous drop off this week.IMHO i thought IBYFO was not a good single choice,maybe IAMOY would of been better.The "Fan Pack" must have significantly hurt the UK chart position,with the cd debuting at #161.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Down to 87 is a big drop but I am not surprised. I have heard no radio play at all. Big sales would be nice but I am not sure if that is the motive of a Alice release these days. I think he makes the records he wants and that is a real luxuray. If it is the goal to have a big seller, I think it would help if he would tour in support of the new release. He is not even back in the states until the end of November and I think it's just a continuation of NMMNG. Maybe there will be a song or two from the new one in addition to IWBYFO.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:37 pm

>The "Fan Pack" must have significantly hurt the UK chart position,with the cd debuting at #161.

Where does it say that? I can't see it. Thanks.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>The "Fan Pack" must have significantly hurt the UK chart position,with the cd debuting at #161.

Where does it say that? I can't see it. Thanks.
Yes, if you could post a link to the UK listing it would be appriciated as I haven`t found one yet (notthat I have looked hard to be honest).

I don`t think there was any doubt the fanpack would hurt the chart position in the UK, as I don`t believe any of those sales were elegable for the charts.
But then everyone knew that before it came out so it's not really a surprise. It would be interesting to hear the sales figures for the fanpack alone actually, although I'm not sure if they will ever be public.