For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice with Tesla and Lita Ford Summer Tour

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:27 am

My question is... With so many dates cancelled, why were so many just postponed?
Were the ticket sales that good to pass up or did they just find a gap that they hadn't finalized contracts for?
I've seen a Halloween show so those dates stand out. Thanks, Shep. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:33 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:27 am
My question is... With so many dates cancelled, why were so many just postponed?
Were the ticket sales that good to pass up or did they just find a gap that they hadn't finalized contracts for?
I've seen a Halloween show so those dates stand out. Thanks, Shep. :8):
There is only a limited opening in their calendar to reschedule dates due to other shows already booked.
They are trying to reschedule what they can, but there are just too many dates to do it with all shows, plus the venues probably just aren't available due to other bookings.
Also, it's now, a month later, becoming clear that ANY shows this year are in danger of being canceled anyway, so why reschedule just to cancel again? Could be why there has still not been an official announcement.

I'm guessing everything will be canceled eventually and they will just start again for next year, but even that is a problem with some experts suggesting there will be no mass gatherings until late in 2021.
A lot of this is in the hands of the promoters rather then AC management, and even they don`t know what will happen over the next year/18 months.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Rescheduled date for Edmonton on November 23rd. Lita Ford appears to still be on board as opener. Not holding my breath as I feel it'll get postponed again, but some good news anyway.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...