Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SickRick
Trash
Trash

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by SickRick » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:21 pm

del wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:39 am
There's something about the one with Alice on the right of the picture and the mask walking past to the left in the background..
Thanks -- I agree! Every moment is a photo op at every show, and this outing is full of them again - one of the best! My first evening with Alice was 1971, a couple times a year since then, and he has never failed. And to see Alice [71] still punching as hard as he does all night [two nights of shows in a row for me was exhausting, at 65!!]. Running across the stage, strutting up and down those stairs, several times in the show, juggling all the props, all while BELTING out the tunes of this outstanding set list. Still amazing. Long live The Coop.
.............................you really wouldn't understand.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am

Absolutely with you there!

I live, we all do, in a world where too many people are critics, ready to jump on a perceived or actual flaw as a reason to justify their particular negative viewpoint on things and too often with that (preserved for the ageing population) view that "it" (whatever it is) was "so much better when I was young".

I believe I avidly, but not blindly, follow a music legend who has had a pretty amazing journey from where he started to where he is today. I have no doubt whatsoever that he has made his fair share of errors along the way, which damaged his health, marriage and family, his friendships, his faith and his career. None of this list of errors is intended as a criticism, it's just an example of the reality of life's journey for many of us. Anyway, fact is though that he has persevered, made key decisions, changed aspects of his life and direction and when all is said and done, succeeded.

What has kept me active as a fan of both ACG and Alice though is not the music of the past but the continued presence. The work ethic, the output, the horror and the humour and most importantly, the believe that he has learnt and adapted and ultimately conquered a number of very significant challenges to become what certainly seems to be a better person. A better person who still entertains by turning out great music and shows.

Without any of this the ACG and earlier Alice work would have faded considerably for me and become just more examples of good childhood memories that always seem to get rosier the further away you are from them.

No idea why your response to my original text prompted this response, perhaps just feeling a little reflective having just hit 60 last month. Anyway, as you say, long live the Coop!

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Many fans have been asking for it for YEARS, and yes, we hassled Ryan (and anyone else ) about it haha. We even all went to one show a few years ago covered in stars :)
I think the finally did it to shut is up :)
Yes I remember the star stickers we covered ourselves with! Was SO great to hear them do it at last, and I think it was mainly down to Ryan? Anyway, he was bloody brilliant doing My Stars, so THANK YOU RYAN! :HEART:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:49 pm

del wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
Absolutely with you there!

I live, we all do, in a world where too many people are critics, ready to jump on a perceived or actual flaw as a reason to justify their particular negative viewpoint on things and too often with that (preserved for the ageing population) view that "it" (whatever it is) was "so much better when I was young".

I believe I avidly, but not blindly, follow a music legend who has had a pretty amazing journey from where he started to where he is today. I have no doubt whatsoever that he has made his fair share of errors along the way, which damaged his health, marriage and family, his friendships, his faith and his career. None of this list of errors is intended as a criticism, it's just an example of the reality of life's journey for many of us. Anyway, fact is though that he has persevered, made key decisions, changed aspects of his life and direction and when all is said and done, succeeded.

What has kept me active as a fan of both ACG and Alice though is not the music of the past but the continued presence. The work ethic, the output, the horror and the humour and most importantly, the believe that he has learnt and adapted and ultimately conquered a number of very significant challenges to become what certainly seems to be a better person. A better person who still entertains by turning out great music and shows.

Without any of this the ACG and earlier Alice work would have faded considerably for me and become just more examples of good childhood memories that always seem to get rosier the further away you are from them.

No idea why your response to my original text prompted this response, perhaps just feeling a little reflective having just hit 60 last month. Anyway, as you say, long live the Coop!
Not to trivialise your post - which I wholeheartedly endorse - After 47years of being a fan, I kinda think of him as part of my family, like a favourite uncle :love:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:03 am

I will be visiting my 18 year old daughter in Indiana for the Thanksgiving weekend. That said, she bought a ticket for me to the Indianapolis show, as she never misses Coop when he comes around. I've got great kids.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Is that your daughter in your profile picture @Padre_sliprat? ? Have a great time at The Alice show in a few weeks! ! I saw King Diamond show in Worcester, MA last Friday for the first time live ever!!was amazing show! !

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:33 am

AliceFan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:58 pm
Is that your daughter in your profile picture @Padre_sliprat? ? Have a great time at The Alice show in a few weeks! ! I saw King Diamond show in Worcester, MA last Friday for the first time live ever!!was amazing show! !
That is the current Mrs. Padre :HEART: in the photo. She's 26. I'm 59.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:28 pm

Great show in Louisville last night! Funny moment right near the beginning when Alice throws his jacket behind him, Chuck catches it, tosses it behind him, and it comes straight back down and covers his head. He left it on for a few seconds before pulling it off, then was laughing for about half the song. It was pretty funny.

We had what we thought were fifth row seats: row B behind the pit. But when we got there, we discovered there was no pit, so our seats were second row. That was a pleasant surprise.

If you're interested in the photos I posted to FB, they're here:

https://www.facebook.com/hunter.goatley ... 279&type=3

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:37 am

[quote=SickThings post_id=304422 time=1574263684 user_id=

We had what we thought were fifth row seats: row B behind the pit. But when we got there, we discovered there was no pit, so our seats were second row. That was a pleasant surprise.
[/quote]

That is a great surprise! When "The Igster" went with me to the DRAGONTOWN tour in Columbia MD, the area had a Halloween display and some rearranging had to be done. So, our original seats, in Row N (not bad) were moved up to the Fifth Row , where we had a MUCH better view :clap: :rock: and a more enjoyable show that night.

Still miffed I missed a balloon during "School's Out" and "The Igster" didn't :smack:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Any Idea when Alice announces the summer tour dates of June/July ? I mean when did they give these dates the previous years?

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:29 am

Sad to say my three shows (Adelaide, Sydney x 2 + a goon squad!) of the Australian tour are now over. Can't add much more from what's already been said - the show is exactly what we've been asking for - for years. 7 songs (not even including Juju) had not been sung in Australia either before or in close to 30 years. I've seen him 24 times now and to feel this energised after a tour is incredible. Hope he returns again soon.

From someone who was in the audience he absolutely nailed the Fire relief show last night. Gave the audience the adrenalin it needed at the right time. Never seen him play to a crowd like that before. Unforgettable experience.

Was able to hit the goon squad show on Saturday night also. They absolutely nailed it - crowd went wild. Full show can be accessed on Facebook at FrankiesLive. Well worth a look - captures the energy of the gig well...

https://www.facebook.com/Frankieslive/v ... 748118879/

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:13 am

Goon Squad video was great,thanks.

My nephew was at Fire Fight. He's a big Queen fan but has never liked Alice. Loved his set though and thought the crowd reaction from the neutrals was superb.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 pm

Long may these days be back....this was my kids first show, in Aberdeen....I got my son dressed up as Alice and daughter as Sheryl the bride from Roses....Loads of people stopped and complimented them and Sheryl even took the time to message to say they looked addorable....can't wait to get back to the next show