Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jram
Killer
Killer

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by jram » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:31 pm
“It’s going to have all the stuff that everybody wants to see and new stuff and for the songs, we dip into a bunch of albums that people probably are not going to expect us to go to.”
Aye, so he says...

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Yup..something of flush the fashion again and maybe something between from somehwere between Dragontown and W2MN...Although its the last album i'd recommend to a casual id love to hear something of zipper

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am

Well i am hoping one song from Pretties 4 You since its 50 years anniversary...but mainly i want stuff from RYFAY and Nita has been championing for Freedom...They have rehearsed Roses on white lace in the last year but didn't play it...maybe some more from his post 90s albums? Who knows!!!
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 am

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am
Well i am hoping one song from Pretties 4 You since its 50 years anniversary...
Wouldn't that be a hoot?! I know I'd love it. Anyway, today (February 27, 2019) marks 40 years since I attended the Madhouse Rock show. $7.50 ticket. No extra charges except two bucks parking. T-shirt was $7. It was GA so my 18 year old legs ran to snag a seventh row seat just right of center.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:45 am

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am
Well i am hoping one song from Pretties 4 You since its 50 years anniversary...but mainly i want stuff from RYFAY and Nita has been championing for Freedom...They have rehearsed Roses on white lace in the last year but didn't play it...maybe some more from his post 90s albums? Who knows!!!
So does this 50th anniversary Tour just taking place in October in the UK? I hope not cause him saying playing songs from albums wouldn't expect sounds quite exciting maybe something from pretties,dada,zipper, SF,Flush and whatever Alice surprises us with will be fine with me!! I was asking if this 50th anniversary tour includes everywhere else especially the US. The new stage show sounds exciting, but Alice is always a great time.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 pm

The point is that Alice said many many times the setlist would have "new" songs.
We can be glad if there are two new titles.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Yeah but this time I believe him cause it'll be his 50th anniversary tour this year and he's stated it in many interviews already and it would make sense to showcase rarely played songs cause of 50th anniversary again. Plus only time Alice didn't live up to his promise was when he said he'd play roses on white lace. Last year and 2017 for rarities we got : pain, grim facts, world needs Guts, he's back man behind the mask. Alice puts at least 4 or 5 different rarities in the setlist that weren't in the set the previous year.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:28 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 pm
Yeah but this time I believe him cause it'll be his 50th anniversary tour this year and he's stated it in many interviews already and it would make sense to showcase rarely played songs cause of 50th anniversary again. Plus only time Alice didn't live up to his promise was when he said he'd play roses on white lace. Last year and 2017 for rarities we got : pain, grim facts, world needs Guts, he's back man behind the mask and serious. Alice always puts at least 4 or 5 different rarities in the setlist that weren't in the set the previous year.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Since he aint plugging an album hopefully get a couple rarities and some of the more recent ones on top of the hits.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 am

I dont see how anything from PFY could fit the modern AC show, so I'll just save that for my fantasy setlist.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 am

How about Titanic Overture being used as a curtain raiser, possibly with a brief voice-over? Don't think that's too much of a stretch and at a high volume it would sound great. Also means they can tick off an obscure track before they get started.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 am

del wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 am
How about Titanic Overture being used as a curtain raiser, possibly with a brief voice-over? Don't think that's too much of a stretch and at a high volume it would sound great. Also means they can tick off an obscure track before they get started.
Agreed, it's always been the first track on my Alice Cooper playlist. He spoke very fondly of the album in a recent radio interview in the UK.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:12 pm

del wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 am
I'm in complete agreement that any and all tracks from PFY should be performed. There's nothing else remotely like it. Titanic was played at the Area 51 show by MB, and the entire album was done by that band from NYC recently. Now that you've sparked the ignition of my fantasy world, if Coop and the real cats (Mike, Denny and Neal - with Nick Didkovsky on lead guitar) performed PFY followed by EA, then split the scene, I'd be a happy man. It'd be a fun parting shot if they played Welcome To My Nightmare to prove they have as much 'chops' as anybody since. Thanks for getting me started, Del. Now I have to live with my hyper self for the rest of the day. :rock:

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:47 pm

I've no doubt that a good chunk of the set will be the same as usual but I hope he throws us a few new (or rather 'not played for a few tours') songs like he did with The World Needs Guts and Pain last time round.

Given how much Alice loved doing cover versions on the "Raise The Dead" tour, and the name of this tour being a play on words of "Ol' Blue Eyes is Back", I hope he doesn't throw in some Frank Sinatra covers! :laugh:

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:48 pm

NeilPearson wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:47 pm
I've no doubt that a good chunk of the set will be the same as usual but I hope he throws us a few new (or rather 'not played for a few tours') songs like he did with The World Needs Guts and Pain last time round.

Given how much Alice loved doing cover versions on the "Raise The Dead" tour, and the name of this tour being a play on words of "Ol' Blue Eyes is Back", I hope he doesn't throw in some Frank Sinatra covers! :laugh:
He belts out a pretty snazzy Lady Is A Tramp.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:51 pm

I think I am with Mestreech on this : I don't expect great changes in the setlist; as far as promoting a new album, he rarely does it, one song at the most, so that wouldn't make a difference on 25 songs or so.. I think the first time a heard a song on a record yet to be in shops, was What do you want from me ? ( Bare Bones Tour ?)
but then again, every show I saw so far was ok .
the only time he got me really puzzled for some time was on the WTMNMshow in '75 : it started with the movie screen on the graveyard and for some time I feared I was going to see a movie instead of a real show :)
you really wouldn't understand..

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Jeez you people on here can't be the least bit positive when it comes to Alice Cooper doing a whole new stage show and new songs, instead mean rare songs, it makes sense why he would pull out rarer played stuff with it being the 50th anniversary year formation of his career and having a new stage show. I believe Alice ok i said it. You're all just a bunch of negative people who think that you know what's Alice is thinking in his mind, but you say no cause he didn't do it in the past,well everyone including Alice in guess is in need of a change of new stage show and setlist, he says were retired the old stage show, why would he lle to his loyal fans mmhmm? ?

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:41 pm

AliceFan, think you need to rethink a bit...maybe I missed it but ive read absolutely nothing that suggests a completely new stage show with loads of different songs.

The show - "It's going to have all the stuff everybody wants to see and new stuff" - In my book this reads that the show will have a lot of the props and set pieces we have seen and enjoyed for years. We will also have "new stuff". We a coffee cup a few years ago for Caffeine and a white shirt for I'll bite your face off so it could be as little as that!

For the songs - "We are going to dip into..." To me this normally means nothing substantial, more of a token gesture than a game changer.

Personally, I'm happy with most of the set but like anyone who has seen him many many times over the years I'd love to have a little more variety, partly because it would be more interesting and partly because I know he and the band could really let loose if they decide to go for it.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm

Sorry for me disagree with you again but Alice has been hinting and saying in interviews since last year about a whole new stage show and working with Shep Gordon on it going over ideas with him.And said dip into albums that fans wouldn't expect us ton play stuff from. Why would he said that just for the sake of it? Cause you're basically calling Alice a liar. An the last time he changed stage show was "Theater of death " tour in 2007 which had lots of new stuff. An I have seen Alice 6 times now and in need of a setlist change and new show. It will happen but you and I will not be dis cussing this topic any further. Got it!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm
Sorry for me disagree with you again but Alice has been hinting and saying in interviews since last year about a whole new stage show and working with Shep Gordon on it going over ideas with him.And said dip into albums that fans wouldn't expect us ton play stuff from. Why would he said that just for the sake of it? Cause you're basically calling Alice a liar.
With all respect we've been through all this before. Alice always says things like this, he's selling the tour.
He hyped up the ACAS tour which never happened, and a W2MN tour which never happened. There are lots of things he probably wants to do, but whether it will actually happen isn't always completely up to him unfortunately.
You can't be surprised by now that people take what he says with a grain of salt and wait to see what actually happens.