For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 am

Would be a nice touch if the band came on to a tape of Titanic Overture. Hearing that loudly blasting out in an arena would be some entrance.

In another nod to the old days, I'd like to see the electric chair brought back. It could be built to look really dramatic and have huge pyrotechnics around it.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:05 pm

I've come up with a new twist to the 'death of Coop' portion of the show. Any resemblance to human beings, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

The band swings into The Black Widow instrumental, at which time a giant tree comes up through the stage floor, slowly. It grows and grows until it reaches the first steel of the arena roof. On the way up, it snags a couple guitar players, who continue jamming from some limbs. Tombstones rise up through the stage floor, accompanied by a low fog. The tree's roots flip the drums over, so, sorry folks, no drum solo tonight.

The music dies down and we hear the sound of a coyote and some night birds. Vultures make a meal of the tree-bound guitar slingers. Alice stumbles onto the stage. half-dazed. He is confused, as there has never been a tree in Alice World.

He approaches a low limb, feeling a leaf with his fingers - he has never felt anything like this before. Not knowing that THERE ARE RULES, he plucks the leaf from the tree. Stage lights go deep red as a vulture perches on Chuck's shoulder, (Chuck's one of the few survivors) and he begins the opening bassline from Go To Hell.

Meanwhile on a higher limb, a giant nut grows. The nut has a female face. Alice throws a rock knocking the nut to the ground. It sprouts arms and legs. For the sake of convenience, lets give her a name...maybe the same initials as Alice. A.C. Nope, that's too confusing. How about we add one more initial...say an O between the A and the C. Perfect. She signals to some minions, which wheel out a giant machine that is covered in black cloth. Alice says, "Why the long face, Seabiscuit?"

She tears away the covering, revealing a wood chipper. The motor kicks into gear, rumbling the arena. Minions tie Alice's hands behind his back. The inhuman nut says, "You took a leaf from a tree and now you die!"

Alice is hoisted into the machine and we hear the sound of bones grinding. Tons of ground beef shoot from the front of the chipper and all over the audience as she turns the machine around on a turret, laughing psychotically. Once the audience has finished vomiting, everything comes to a halt.

Chuck steps from the background, pushes his bass guitar, head first, into the wood chipper. He sharpens it like a pencil then turns to face the inhuman nut. "Now YOU die!" He impales her with the pointy bass and stands laughing, vulture on shoulder.

In the mean time, the ground beef has become a million tiny Alices. They make their way to the stage, devouring everything in site - the audience, the tree, the person responsible for the setlist, the inhuman nut, the drumset remains. It's like a plague of locusts - times a billion.

Later that evening, Chuck bakes a human sized meatloaf, in the shape of Alice from the little ground beef Alices. The two go out on the town for a drink. Meatloaf Alice looks at Chuck and says, "we got rid of the inhuman nut, made sure there was no drum solo...but I'm now a meatloaf."

Chuck fights back a tear and manages a smile, "Well, Alice...two out of three ain't bad."

"I just want to be myself, be myself, be myself." says Alice.

The vulture, which was resting on Chuck's shoulder, spreads his wings and flies off into the night.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:23 pm

You have a wild fantasy Padre!! I like it.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:57 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 am
Would be a nice touch if the band came on to a tape of Titanic Overture. Hearing that loudly blasting out in an arena would be some entrance.

In another nod to the old days, I'd like to see the electric chair brought back. It could be built to look really dramatic and have huge pyrotechnics around it.
Said that's before myself. Would be a fantastic intro.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:06 am

mestreech wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:23 pm
You have a wild fantasy Padre!! I like it.
No one knows what's wrong with me. They think that I've got dropsy. :rotfl:
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 am

Since Alice's first show of the year is coming up in about 3 weeks in Mexico, do you all think that he will play some rarities at this show? Or wait until the first US show at Foxwoods in Connecticut (one im going to ) , and play rarities at the Connecticut official kicKoff of the Tour at this show? Your opinions. Thanks. I

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:28 am

I predict he will play nothing from Pretties For You and Easy Action.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 am

Or Zipper, Da Da, ACAS or WTMN2. Less certain about WTMN2.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:15 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 am
Since Alice's first show of the year is coming up in about 3 weeks in Mexico, do you all think that he will play some rarities at this show? Or wait until the first US show at Foxwoods in Connecticut (one im going to ) , and play rarities at the Connecticut official kicKoff of the Tour at this show? Your opinions. Thanks. I
I would be very surprised if he did. This is a one off show because the summer tour doesn't start for a while (this is the longest period of time Alice has been off in years. Not a criticism!). Nita Strauss has been doing some solo dates, Ryan Roxie has been touring and Beasto Blanco is doing some stuff as well and has an upcoming tour and album release. That doesn't leave much time to rehearse so I suspect it will be more or less the same setlist as last year for this particular show.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I wonder if he will stick with the three guitarists, or whether we will see the return of a keyboard player
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm

suziginajackson wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm
I wonder if he will stick with the three guitarists, or whether we will see the return of a keyboard player
I've not seen or heard anything to suggest the line-up will change any time soon. All the current musicians have posted things to show they are gearing up for the new tour.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am

I was watching a Nita Strauss q+a chat on YouTube from nights with Alice posted on main page in news section and a fan asked what songs she likes playing on tour, then they asked what 3 songs you'd pick for this year's tour? An she said I'm going have to keep my mouth zipped on that one cause those 3 songs I picked are going into this year's setlist and I don't wanna be the one who ruins the setlist for this tour. Also she said Alice and Shep and production have a really great show in store for you all on this upcoming tour.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:46 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:15 pm
AliceFan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 am
I would be very surprised if he did. This is a one off show because the summer tour doesn't start for a while (this is the longest period of time Alice has been off in years. Not a criticism!). Nita Strauss has been doing some solo dates, Ryan Roxie has been touring and Beasto Blanco is doing some stuff as well and has an upcoming tour and album release. That doesn't leave much time to rehearse so I suspect it will be more or less the same setlist as last year for this particular show.
Answer to your inquiry, about Alice's band rehearsing, well I was on Nita Strauss's twitter page the other day and a fan asked her if there's going be anymore solo dates added to her tour, and she said unfortunately no,my tour ends 2 days before we start rehearsals for the Alice Cooper summer Tour. An I know her tour ends on June 22. An Alice'sTour starts on July 4th plenty of time for rehearsal, don't worry.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Si wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm
suziginajackson wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm
I've not seen or heard anything to suggest the line-up will change any time soon. All the current musicians have posted things to show they are gearing up for the new tour.
Yeah, besides, I have a feeling that if anything he would be looking to get Ori back and that's another guitar. Even if one of the current ones weren't available, I would wager good money that three guitars would stay.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 am

AliceFan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am
I was watching a Nita Strauss q+a chat on YouTube from nights with Alice posted on main page in news section and a fan asked what songs she likes playing on tour, then they asked what 3 songs you'd pick for this year's tour? An she said I'm going have to keep my mouth zipped on that one cause those 3 songs I picked are going into this year's setlist and I don't wanna be the one who ruins the setlist for this tour. Also she said Alice and Shep and production have a really great show in store for you all on this upcoming tour.
If that’s the case, then my bets are on Freedom and Snakebite, she’s been clamoring for those. Hot damn, I’m pumped!
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Sparticus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 am
AliceFan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am
If that’s the case, then my bets are on Freedom and Snakebite, she’s been clamoring for those. Hot damn, I’m pumped!
If anything from Raise Your Fist and Yell gets added, let alone Freedom (my all-time favorite of his), I will die...this could be a very special tour....fingers crossed....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:47 pm

If Alice played Freedom and snake bite this tour I would literally cream in my pants! Being a newbie to this board, and this year being my first AC concert, I wanted to ask you guys a question... Are the albums "Trash" and "hey stoopid" frowned upon by some of the more old school AC fans? I've seen this sentiment expressed on other social media forums before, and I was quite perplexed by the disdain older fans of AC have for them. I myself am a complete 80's hair metal fanatic, so my favourite era of Alice's music starts from Constrictor and ends at hey stoopid. That's not to say I don't love his other stuff, I'm really excited about hearing "I'm eighteen" "No more mr nice guy" "Billion dollar babies" and "Brutal planet" live.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:29 am

marko10174 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:47 pm
If Alice played Freedom and snake bite this tour I would literally cream in my pants! Being a newbie to this board, and this year being my first AC concert, I wanted to ask you guys a question... Are the albums "Trash" and "hey stoopid" frowned upon by some of the more old school AC fans? I've seen this sentiment expressed on other social media forums before, and I was quite perplexed by the disdain older fans of AC have for them. I myself am a complete 80's hair metal fanatic, so my favourite era of Alice's music starts from Constrictor and ends at hey stoopid. That's not to say I don't love his other stuff, I'm really excited about hearing "I'm eighteen" "No more mr nice guy" "Billion dollar babies" and "Brutal planet" live.
Welcome! I’m glad you found us.

Everyone has their preferences. Some diehard fans don’t like those albums as much. However, some really enjoy Raise Your Fist and Yell and have been clamoring for some of those tracks to be played live.

To each their own. The great thing about Alice’s catalog is that he has something for everyone :)

Enjoy your first show! You will be blown away. I’m sure it won’t be your last. Consider yourself warned :8):
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:13 pm

marko10174 wrote:
Yes they are frowned upon because they, especially Constrictor, have some of the worst Alice lyrics ever. We went from the genius Former Lee Farmer to the purely stupid Thrill My Gorrilla and it was a complete shock. Horrible overblown production and ham fisted guitar with just dreadful juvenile crap. As subtle as a mallet hitting a seal.

If you've never seen him before you will enjoy. If you have seen him in the last 10 years he has just gone terribly stale. Same set same act. The coffin has been creaking a long time and that show needs a stake driving through its heart.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:55 pm

marko10174 wrote:
Good to have you. I personally love all eras of Alice but my favorite eras are 1986-2000 so those songs being added would be great if that happens. Raise Your Fist and Yell is one of my favorite albums from the 80's especially the second half of that album and I love the Hey Stoopid album. I think there are great songs from every era of Alice. I actually think his current band lineup is the best of his career and my two favorite Alice albums are The Last Temptation and From the Inside.