Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2016---Thoughts???

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:16 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Yes me and Killer Wolf are suffering from mass hysteria. I guess the great comeback equates to FTF. Bugger me!!"

Obviously, you're being deliberately dense but I'll still spell out the point which is that, irrespective of which album they're from, most songs which are rarely performed are rarely performed because they are not particularly well - known and not for the reason you gave and even if Alice did say something that silly, I can just imagine how certain members of the current band would react (and in defence of killer wolf, he isn't saying what you're saying).

Say what?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:20 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Well I remember back on Halloween of 2013 when I was backstage with the Coop, I had mentioned how RYFAY is my all-time favorite album, Freedom my favorite song, and the trilogy being a work of genius...I told him how much I would love to see those done live now and he said, oh yeah my current band could really do those justice, especially Orianthi! I am sure Nita could knock it out of the park as well....

Even if Alice said something that silly it would never happen as no one knows those songs. I will admit they are forgettable as evidenced by those at the great comeback in the mid 80's. They have been erased from their minds. Probably from some alien probe.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:38 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Well I remember back on Halloween of 2013 when I was backstage with the Coop, I had mentioned how RYFAY is my all-time favorite album, Freedom my favorite song, and the trilogy being a work of genius...I told him how much I would love to see those done live now and he said, oh yeah my current band could really do those justice, especially Orianthi! I am sure Nita could knock it out of the park as well....

Even if Alice said something that silly it would never happen as no one knows those songs. I will admit they are forgettable as evidenced by those at the great comeback in the mid 80's. They have been erased from their minds. Probably from some alien probe.
Uh why is that statement silly? There is no reason why any song from his catalog couldn't be performed...that is the point of hardcore fans getting asked what they would like to see...the general public may come for things like SO, 18, Poison, etc. but Alice always likes to slip in some songs not as well known like He's Back, or back during Brutal Planet, Drive Me Nervous, It's Hot Tonight, or even Caught in a Dream...

For the record, I've seen the RYFAY concert in bootleg form and thought Freedom and the trilogy as well as Prince of Darkness were all theatrically awesome and sounded great...so just my opinion...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

Uh why is that statement silly? There is no reason why any song from his catalog couldn't be performed...that is the point of hardcore fans getting asked what they would like to see...the general public may come for things like SO, 18, Poison, etc. but Alice always likes to slip in some songs not as well known like He's Back, or back during Brutal Planet, Drive Me Nervous, It's Hot Tonight, or even Caught in a Dream...

For the record, I've seen the RYFAY concert in bootleg form and thought Freedom and the trilogy as well as Prince of Darkness were all theatrically awesome and sounded great...so just my opinion...

I was quoting Amuck with the silly comment.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Amuk: The two albums that no one can now remember plus Prince Of Darkness sold 825,000 copies between them. That is more than all his official releases, excluding compilations, from The Last Temptation to WTMN2. Yet he favors playing unfamiliar songs from those albums despite having Mistress Shredder in the band.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Seriously, very few songs are hard enough that a high quality professional band "could not" play or even do justice. Alice's band is well beyond that.

Well, maybe Perpetual Burn is one of those very few, but ofc Nita aced it so there's that.

I can't really see drums or bass being the issue either.. :)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Maaki wrote:Seriously, very few songs are hard enough that a high quality professional band "could not" play or even do justice. Alice's band is well beyond that.

Well, maybe Perpetual Burn is one of those very few, but ofc Nita aced it so there's that.

Tell it to Alice he said it. Why he needs 3 guitarists puzzles me. If you can't do it with two something is wrong.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:28 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Why he needs 3 guitarists puzzles me. If you can't do it with two something is wrong.
How about because he LIKES having three guitarists? Likes the way it sounds. Would that "puzzle" you?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:52 am

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: Why he needs 3 guitarists puzzles me. If you can't do it with two something is wrong.
How about because he LIKES having three guitarists? Likes the way it sounds. Would that "puzzle" you?

Yes it does actually.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:26 pm

The more guitarists you have the more depth in sound you can create. You'll probably find on many Alice albums you'll have five or six layers of guitars in there, so naturally the more you have on stage the nearer to the album versions you'll get.
On a completely unrelated subject I read somewhere that on Rammstein's track Mutter the band layered 30+ guitars on that track to add to the depth of the sound.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:28 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Maaki wrote:Seriously, very few songs are hard enough that a high quality professional band "could not" play or even do justice. Alice's band is well beyond that.

Tell it to Alice he said it.
I think it is up for interpretation what he meant with the line. I would really love to see the quote to see the context. Steve Vai solo has been in the set forever. No disrespect to Kane, but he is not Vai.

Anyway, I believe the original line of discussion was about if Alice would need Kane back in the band to do the songs of his era with shred solos. He doesn't. Ori isn't a shredder, really and she did just fine with the shred solos she did, including the Vai stuff. Modern players seldom have any problems with nineties stuff, with some notable exceptions like the Beat it solo or Perpetual burn.

Nita would play circles around the shred solos in Alice's catalogue. There is the nice clip of her doing the Becker song in front of him, that I posted earlier, if you haven't seen it. Those arpeggios actually are damn hard.

I would tend to believe AMUK is fairly close to the point, personally, as far as why the songs haven't been included in the set lists.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:25 pm

From pitkin88:
"Even if Alice said something that silly it would never happen as no one knows those songs."

No, no, no and NO! This is almost definitive proof that you are here primarily to cause trouble. You have been asked repeatedly to post in an honest way and in good faith and unless you are impaired in some way due to mental or emotional incapacity or are posting under the influence of substances, you need to stop deliberately twisting the discussion and distorting it. Nobody (and certainly not I) has said anything about "it would never happen". In fact, Si in an earlier post just proved that is not true. All kinds of songs crop up unexpectedly now and again as has been discussed here many times and as you can quite easily verify. What we ARE trying to explain to you (but you won't have it) is why these songs are RARELY performed. There is a difference between "rarely" and "never", in case you don't know.

>I will admit they are forgettable as evidenced by those at the great comeback in the mid 80's.

So why do you care about those songs so much then?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Frim pitkin88:
"Amuk: The two albums that no one can now remember plus Prince Of Darkness sold 825,000 copies between them. "

What is your source? Also, are any of the songs from those "two albums" what you might call, staples on classic rock radio, or the kind of songs that have have cemented his legacy? Again, none of those are reasons why those songs would "never" be performed. They might well be. The problem is you jump on any random song that someone mentions and try to use it to make some weird point. Hey, maybe Alice doesn't like those songs. After all, you never know but maybe he does and they'll be in the next show. You seem to think that every song he's ever recorded on every album needs to be given an airing as if he chooses the songs to be performed by sticking to a rota or something. It isn't rational.

>Yet he favors playing unfamiliar songs from those albums despite having Mistress Shredder in the band.

Maybe that's his preference. Is there a problem? By the way, you're claim is partly false (which I know everyone here will find to be a surprise). Which "unfamiliar songs", since say, 2012, has he been playing from "Dragontown", "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" or "Along Came A Spider"? I have deliberately not checked the set - lists, so my memory may be faulty but I'm happy to be corrected. Nothing from "The Last Temptation" was performed between 2009 and 2015 and the song chosen ("Lost In America) was certainly not "unfamiliar". Two songs from "Brutal Planet" were performed after a gap of many years and with each tour since 2011, fewer songs from "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" have been included, so to claim "Yet he favors playing unfamiliar songs from those albums" is msleading.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 pm

From Si:
"Would that "puzzle" you?"

You mustn't forget, Si, that pitkin88 knows everything there is to know about writing, performing and recording music even though there doesn't appear to be any reference to him in music history or in any discographies.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:03 pm

From Maaki:
"I think it is up for interpretation what he meant with the line."

Not only that, but ThePainAddict made it clear that Alice (assuming he did say that) was referring to a certain time and therefore referring to whoever was in the band at the time, but according to pitkin88, that means "it would never happen". That is as good an example as any of how his mind works (and he never appeared to be that way).

> I would really love to see the quote to see the context.

I would too. Maybe pitkin88 can find it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Maaki:
"I think it is up for interpretation what he meant with the line."

Not only that, but ThePainAddict made it clear that Alice (assuming he did say that) was referring to a certain time and therefore referring to whoever was in the band at the time, but according to pitkin88, that means "it would never happen". That is as good an example as any of how his mind works (and he never appeared to be that way).

> I would really love to see the quote to see the context.

I would too. Maybe pitkin88 can find it.
or the other two here that read it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:57 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Si:
"Would that "puzzle" you?"

You mustn't forget, Si, that pitkin88 knows everything there is to know about writing, performing and recording music even though there doesn't appear to be any reference to him in music history or in any discographies.

I like to keep it quite. I was in your fanzine.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:03 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Even if Alice said something that silly it would never happen as no one knows those songs."

No, no, no and NO! This is almost definitive proof that you are here primarily to cause trouble. You have been asked repeatedly to post in an honest way and in good faith and unless you are impaired in some way due to mental or emotional incapacity or are posting under the influence of substances, you need to stop deliberately twisting the discussion and distorting it. Nobody (and certainly not I) has said anything about "it would never happen". In fact, Si in an earlier post just proved that is not true. All kinds of songs crop up unexpectedly now and again as has been discussed here many times and as you can quite easily verify. What we ARE trying to explain to you (but you won't have it) is why these songs are RARELY performed. There is a difference between "rarely" and "never", in case you don't know.

>I will admit they are forgettable as evidenced by those at the great comeback in the mid 80's.

So why do you care about those songs so much then?
He spots casual fans and now he says he has definitive proof I am only here to cause trouble. Loving it Amuck!! thank you for the medical diagnosis too. Will you be adding MD to your list of achievements. Please read the MANY threads I have made here discussing the music etc and list which ones I am deliberately starting trouble in.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:07 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:Frim pitkin88:
"Amuk: The two albums that no one can now remember plus Prince Of Darkness sold 825,000 copies between them. "

What is your source? Also, are any of the songs from those "two albums" what you might call, staples on classic rock radio, or the kind of songs that have have cemented his legacy? Again, none of those are reasons why those songs would "never" be performed. They might well be. The problem is you jump on any random song that someone mentions and try to use it to make some weird point. Hey, maybe Alice doesn't like those songs. After all, you never know but maybe he does and they'll be in the next show. You seem to think that every song he's ever recorded on every album needs to be given an airing as if he chooses the songs to be performed by sticking to a rota or something. It isn't rational.

>Yet he favors playing unfamiliar songs from those albums despite having Mistress Shredder in the band.

Maybe that's his preference. Is there a problem? By the way, you're claim is partly false (which I know everyone here will find to be a surprise). Which "unfamiliar songs", since say, 2012, has he been playing from "Dragontown", "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" or "Along Came A Spider"? I have deliberately not checked the set - lists, so my memory may be faulty but I'm happy to be corrected. Nothing from "The Last Temptation" was performed between 2009 and 2015 and the song chosen ("Lost In America) was certainly not "unfamiliar". Two songs from "Brutal Planet" were performed after a gap of many years and with each tour since 2011, fewer songs from "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" have been included, so to claim "Yet he favors playing unfamiliar songs from those albums" is msleading.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/i ... bum-sales/

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm

There are only 3 songs that I remember Alice saying no to.

I Am made of You 'cause it didn't work without keyboards

Generation Landslide (sadly) for it didn't work live

And Bed of Nails... for whatever reason he gave (I think it was about the lyrics or something) I Can't remember him saying something against playing something from RYFAY, In fact I remember him saying he could give it a try if possible for his band could totally do those songs (This was in an interview when he talked about Kane Roberts, I do remember that)