For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Re: Opening Night SPOILERS!!!!

Post by cherrypie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Covers broken up with He's Back in the middle? Now its starting to look better.
No, He's Back was earlier
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Anyone that saw He's Back being performed did Alice have Jason Voorhees appear on stage or did he wear Jason's hockey mask like in years past?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Jason came out during the guitar solo to "remove" someone who was on stage.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Can anyone confirm how / where Alice enters the stage at the beginning? The You Tube videos don't show this clearly and Mrs Wind Up Toy wants to know where to point her novelty size lens :)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Jason removes someone from stage ??

would be there a future killing ?? A Possible execution???

I Hope So !!!

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:44 pm

OK, I must admit... I do feel like a spoiled brat for those things I said earlier in this topic. After watching Alice on 'Later... With Jools Holland' I realised that it doesn't matter what kind of show he has, I just have to go and see him.

Edit:
And now I just read that he played He's Back? OH MY!! :clap:
The sanest days are mad.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:02 pm

the level of performance is so high that I think any gripes people had,should be left at the door

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:52 am

some of the posts in this thread were like rats deserting a sinking ship, except the ship isn't sinking.

No problem with the covers in fact I'm disappointed 'I Can See For Miles' has gone, it's a better song than Dirty Diamonds which if there was a Facebook poll about what song would you most like dropped from the setlist, that would be my choice. The chorus is so poor I can't believe it hasn't been dropped from the set.

All in all though there is nothing wrong with this show, yes maybe some more theatrics could be added (hear the snake is coming back) but it was refreshing to see Alice throw a curve ball as he does every so often with the covers section.

GNDM is right more people at these gigs will have heard those covers than some obscure album track that didn't shift many units, this is the music business afterall and some of you need to realise that.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:58 am

steven_crayn wrote:some of the posts in this thread were like rats deserting a sinking ship, except the ship isn't sinking.

No problem with the covers in fact I'm disappointed 'I Can See For Miles' has gone, it's a better song than Dirty Diamonds which if there was a Facebook poll about what song would you most like dropped from the setlist, that would be my choice. The chorus is so poor I can't believe it hasn't been dropped from the set.

All in all though there is nothing wrong with this show, yes maybe some more theatrics could be added (hear the snake is coming back) but it was refreshing to see Alice throw a curve ball as he does every so often with the covers section.

GNDM is right more people at these gigs will have heard those covers than some obscure album track that didn't shift many units, this is the music business afterall and some of you need to realise that.
Oh no!!! I was sad during the NMMNG tour that Dirty Diamonds disappeared...for me it's one of the most energetic songs I've ever heard Alice do live and it's also one of the few he does that sounds better live than in the studio....I say keep it for sure :)
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 am

[quote="Lucius Morthem"]I Like a Lot that Album, would be great to see him doing old concepts... but i doubt we wants, he has changed his mind a lot, he won't do never something he doesn't believe anymore (as we can see on the case of Bed of Nails) But he's still great but i'm still mad at him because of the show in Chile D: :([/quote]

what happened in chile?

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:56 am

[quote="RemarkablyInsincere"]Take this for what it's worth, but an Alice fan posted this on the MetalSludge board:

[quote="Cooperkill"]I don't know about blaming lyrical content, either. "Cold Ethyl" is about ******* a corpse and he has no problem playing that one. When Alice signed my "Bed of Nails" picture disc he said he doesn't play it live because there are no breaks and it basically wears him out.[/quote][/quote]

nonsense. there is a solo on the studio version..and i think on "trashes the world"....weird story.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:03 am

alicebackstage wrote:Jason came out during the guitar solo to "remove" someone who was on stage.
That was Kyler. (that's you?) And he got more forcibly removed in Wolverhampton that he did in Cardiff. Who knows, they'll probably be killing him by the time we get to Sheffield.

I heard the rumour about the snake too. We shall see.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Can anyone confirm how / where Alice enters the stage at the beginning? The You Tube videos don't show this clearly and Mrs Wind Up Toy wants to know where to point her novelty size lens :)
He comes on stage from the back on the left - past the wrought iron thing

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:52 pm

The Show in Chile was cancelled 15 minutes before he goes into stage... That was what happened :/

No More Mr Nice Guy Tour...Never Saw It :/

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

>He has named some but he has also continued to play them now and again.

Do you never change your mind then?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

>However, for a multitude of reasons, there are so many variables that come into play so that what eventually appears may be very different from the initial description.

Exactly and I have explained those so many times here (I did it just the other day here) yet for some reason, some people still don't seem to understand.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:56 pm

>but if something gets hyped and "promised",

I gave an explanation for that last week, so you must have seen it. Also, nothing was ""promised"" and the fact that you used quotation marks (as if you're implying there is irony) proves it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:03 pm

>nonsense. there is a solo on the studio version..and i think on "trashes the world"....weird story.

I think I know what he meant. There is very little time between the verse and the chorus. That might be it.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 pm

steven_crayn wrote:some of the posts in this thread were like rats deserting a sinking ship, except the ship isn't sinking.
We have different opinions, not all of us want to hear covers.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:05 pm

No one is deserting the ship, just complaining bout the first treatment we got from the personel of the ship hahaha