For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour

Post by Billie1966 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Ohhhhh Crap.. That was TOD! PD was where Alice killed Alice.. Yea that one was a bit low on theatrics.

Sorry
Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 pm

I thought the Psycho Drama was very theatrical...first return of the Gallows since the Raise Your Fist and Yell tour...it had the Cooper ladies as assassins and all of the usual tricks of the trade...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 pm

>it had the Cooper ladies as assassins

Not at all the shows.

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Billie1966 wrote:Ohhhhh Crap.. That was TOD! PD was where Alice killed Alice.. Yea that one was a bit low on theatrics.

Sorry
Danny~
In all honesty, I don't think Alice will ever top the TOD in terms of theatrics. However I think that if the W2MN tour is anything like the original WTMN tour in the 70's, it will be quite special.
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:05 pm

I think if you go and look at the pictures of Psycho Drama, you will see there were plenty of theatrics.

TOD was a step up with all the killings, but PD was hardly 'bare bones'.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

electrocute1031
Trash
Trash

Post by electrocute1031 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

the more i look at the poster the more i wonder what it;s going to be like, it seems like the more toned down if the tour wasn't going to be as theatrical as the last, either that or Alice hired a really good artist because that poster is awesome, and very eye catching to people who may not know Alice. i also heard, correct me if i'm wrong, but that the snake may make a return this tour.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 pm

steve hunter just posted on his FB page that rehearsals for the tour begin may 1!!!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I wonder if a person should read anything into this but the Star's website said that Alice's NMMNG tour would help recreate his classics like School's Out and You and Me.
What do you mean by the Stars website? I checked star magazine website couldn't find anything. Tell me which website you read this info on? please thanks.
What are the chances that the Coop might finally bring back You and Me? Maybe this tour will mark the return of some rarely played songs, I hope I hope :)

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I wonder if a person should read anything into this but the Star's website said that Alice's NMMNG tour would help recreate his classics like School's Out and You and Me.

What are the chances that the Coop might finally bring back You and Me? Maybe this tour will mark the return of some rarely played songs, I hope I hope :)
What website where you referring to when you said the star's website? Star magazine's website or Alice coopers website? I checked both and I couldn't find anything like what you said. Could you please tell what which website you got that info about the NMMNGT from? Thanks.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Sorry that I was vague about what "Star" site...

here is the quote:

May 20: ALICE COOPER. The creator of shock rock is back with his “No More Mister Nice Guy” tour, which promises to recreate his classics like “School’s Out”, “Poison” and “You and Me.”

Here is the link

http://www.thestar.com/travel/ontarioou ... -funny-men

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:50 am

I am vey curious not only for the setlist but also for what his costumes/clothes are going to look like this year.He always has amazing choises..

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:46 am

Holly Grail wrote:I am vey curious not only for the setlist but also for what his costumes/clothes are going to look like this year.He always has amazing choises..
Indeed. I've got a feeling he's going to bring back some classics, some that maybe have never been done live before. I hope that he unearth's some songs off Dada, Zipper and Flush. But I remember reading an Interview once where Alice says the tour [NMMNG] will be heavier alice from RYFAY and Constrictor days.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm down with that!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:20 am

Holly Grail wrote:I am vey curious not only for the setlist but also for what his costumes/clothes are going to look like this year.He always has amazing choises..
No neckbands, please.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 am

yeah,who told him that was a good idea?? maybe he should keep it simple if this is a stripped down,not overly theatrical show and do jeans and a t shirt! y'know,dress down at work day!

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:30 pm

The Spider wrote:
Indeed. I've got a feeling he's going to bring back some classics, some that maybe have never been done live before. I hope that he unearth's some songs off Dada, Zipper and Flush. But I remember reading an Interview once where Alice says the tour [NMMNG] will be heavier alice from RYFAY and Constrictor days.
I really hope you are right Spider about it being the heavier Alice from RYFAY and Constrictor type era..that would make my day complete :)

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Alice was interviewed on the radio here on Thursday night, and he mentioned that they're starting rehearsals in Nashville soon. He also said that the theatrics for this new show will be less intricate.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Sarah wrote:He also said that the theatrics for this new show will be less intricate.
Not surprised to hear this. My expectations were he'd go back to a more traditional Alice Cooper show with one execution.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:33 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
The Spider wrote:
I really hope you are right Spider about it being the heavier Alice from RYFAY and Constrictor type era..that would make my day complete :)
Don't put your faith into it. We all know Alice can get a bit carried away in Interviews sometimes LOL

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2011 12:20 am

The "You & Me" rocker would never do that.
Me = Winning