For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: AC - June 21 Bonn, Germany

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:29 pm

I know how you feel Lisa. I used to feel like this after every concert. And when you have a great time it's easy to feel a bit blue afterwards when you have to go back to real life.

About Belgium, I hesitated (actually I also got a ticket) but I don't think I will be going. I don't really want to see more outdoor shows and it might be really hot there. Will play it by ear. I want to keep my money for the UK tour. Or if Robert Plant plays in the UK I might go to see him. It's all in limbo for now

I can understand you being scared my own first trip alone was when I was already 21. Too bad you don't live in Switzerland. A friend of mine is going to Belgium, I could ask her to look after you but you'd still have to travel on your own.

Tell you what. If Alice plays in Switzerland I'll be taking care of you while you are here, how's that? Hoping I can get the day off work when it happens.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:09 am

Dragonlady wrote:And when you have a great time it's easy to feel a bit blue afterwards when you have to go back to real life.
I felt a bit that way after the two April shows. I geared up weeks before by listening to nothing but Alice's tunes, then I got the in-person blast at the shows... then I almost purposely avoided his music for a week after until the body balanced out again. That "huh, it's over" phase takes some adjustment.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

nephtis
Trash
Trash

Post by nephtis » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:54 am

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. I always thought the crowd at an Alice concert was relatively friendly compared to the kind of audience other bands draw. Yes there's a jerk in every crowd who seems to be there for causing trouble not for the show. In Bonn Pie had to deal with one pushing through the crowd and and trying to start a fight with everyone who protested when they got pushed aside.

And you know what.... if we run into each other again, we're hopefully both not too shy to talk. I was a bit overwhelmed meeting so many people I had only met online before. ;p
Dragonlady wrote:I know how you feel Lisa. I used to feel like this after every concert. And when you have a great time it's easy to feel a bit blue afterwards when you have to go back to real life.
Well, glad I'm not the only one having a severe case of withdrawls right now. I try to medicate with controlled dosages of music, show pictures, talking about it and planning the next concert. ;p

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

My trick is to write a long review to relive all the good moments ;) and of course music. The rest is being taken care of by going back to work. Although in the next couple of weeks I work at home, and it's twice as hard to concentrate.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:55 pm

I hate to go back to real life, to reality.
and it feels like it never happened.
that's also one of the many reasons I got the tattoo last December, so it would remind me every day.

just sent a message to someone I know from school, who has a car and went to Alice in Kerkrade. hope she wants to go with me in August.

@ Nephtis:
next time we meet, we'll be chatting our asses off ;)

@ Dragonlady:
actually, I haven't been listening much music since Monday. only put on the Live in Montreux CD very loud while I was tidying up my room... that's all.
it's like I always try to avoid the music, not on purpose though. :x

guess I'm just... weird. like most people think.
The sanest days are mad.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Nephtis has been on video hunt: http://www.youtube.com/user/KiraFelise# ... twzgGq-q1s
There are 5 really good videos there, don't know if Kira is on this forum but well done!

I checked the videos to see if I wasn't doing anything too crazy. But after seing that woman next to me taking her shirt off during Poison I think I am being fairly tame in fact. :bam:

I was so focused on the show that I hadn't noticed her at all. Thank goodness for that! :x

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm

what the hell...
seriously, what is going on there.

the only "weird" thing I ever did was crying during Poison.
The sanest days are mad.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:13 am

Congrats on a great experience Lisa!!!

When did Frankenstein get back in the show? What is the current setlist? Changes haven't been posted to the setlist page.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:55 am

JJ, due to medical isuues here at STUK its the least of our problems. I will put it on the list of things to do..
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:58 pm

thanks JJ!

I believe this was the first time they played Feed My Frankenstein; Toby told me it was the first night they used the Cyclops, so yeah..

can't wait to see it again! :clap:

@ Jaded:
if you ever need some help with the website or something... ;)
The sanest days are mad.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:29 pm

JJ, meanwhile you can look at the simfylive.com website, since they post all set lists as they sell the usb keys?

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:01 pm

setlist.fm is also quite up to date it seems!
The sanest days are mad.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:51 pm

OK, thanks. I wasn't being critical, just curious as to new song additions/deletions. If I didn't mention the setlist page Andy would immediately post a link and chastise for not looking there first. :-) Get well soon.

BTW, Toby looks funny with horns, LOL!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

No problem JJ.. with the changes from show to show at the moment (or I should say show/festival) Its hard to keep up on it. Si will be having surgery in a couple of weeks and I think things will come to a standstill for the time being, but as I said..its on the list of things to do.
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 am

Jaded wrote:No problem JJ.. with the changes from show to show at the moment (or I should say show/festival) Its hard to keep up on it. Si will be having surgery in a couple of weeks and I think things will come to a standstill for the time being, but as I said..its on the list of things to do.
I hope it's nothing too serious. Good luck, Si!
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:41 pm

@ JJ:
yeah, looks cute eh!

@ Jaded:
oh dear... take care, you both!
hope it's not too bad? :/ I'll keep my fingers crossed for the surgery.

---
pfew, I think I arranged something for the show in August, found someone to go with! my worries are gone now.
The sanest days are mad.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:09 pm

I was watching that Frankenstein video again. I wondered if that was the original cyclops or a new one. Time to watch some videos again I suppose.

Coincidence I suppose, but it feels appropriate to have him back when Ray Harryhausen has a big birthday! I always saw these creatures as a sort of hommage to him, but that's just me of course.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 am

Oh thanks! I had my doubts that the old one would even be useable if it still existed.

Althought Ray Harryhausen is still travelling the world with one of his original dinosaurs from the 50's. Granted it's not meant to hold a human inside or even move anymore. He also had one of the original skeletons from 'Jason and the Argonauts'. Which is totally off topic but so very cool :grin: