For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

72ndguy
Trash
Trash

No Seattle?

Post by 72ndguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:49 am

So the tour is hitting Vancouver, Kennewick (!), Billings and Casper, but nothing at all in Seattle? Rob was here in 07 with Ozzy, and they sold out Key Arena. But now we don't even get a stop? And Alice hasn't been in town since I've been back in the concert game, at least a few years. Is there something about Seattle that Alice and Rob don't like? :/

Kevin

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: No Seattle?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:40 am

>Is there something about Seattle that Alice and Rob don't like?

That is a question for your local promoter (or promoters), actually.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Nah....i have it on good authority that both Alice and Rob hate Seattle

:evil:

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 pm

72ndguy wrote:So the tour is hitting Vancouver, Kennewick (!), Billings and Casper, but nothing at all in Seattle? Rob was here in 07 with Ozzy, and they sold out Key Arena. But now we don't even get a stop? And Alice hasn't been in town since I've been back in the concert game, at least a few years. Is there something about Seattle that Alice and Rob don't like? :/

Kevin
vancouver, bc is 2.5 hours away and kennwick is 3.5 hours away. it doesn't make sense to book a show in between those two cities. both are well within driving distances, therefore you have no excuse.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:00 pm

I struggle a bit with that reasoning,Matt. I've seen many shows in the Milwaukee area and slightly beyond and there is always a show in the Chicagoland area and sometimes they are before or after one another. That is a significantly shorter drive between these two locations than what you state above. Logistics?? Fan base??

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 pm

damiennalice wrote:I struggle a bit with that reasoning,Matt. I've seen many shows in the Milwaukee area and slightly beyond and there is always a show in the Chicagoland area and sometimes they are before or after one another. That is a significantly shorter drive between these two locations than what you state above. Logistics?? Fan base??
as andy already stated - promoter.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Yes,I do understand that aspect.

Im also noticing a pattern develop of more "festival" dates this time around then in years past. (nothing to do with this topic - Im just saying)