For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

MGM Foxwoods

Post by Give the kid a break » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm

So, we were at the MGM show last night & I"m wonder what other sickthings thought of the show & the theatre. I thought the show was great, very different from the last tour, & we did get to see Tiffany in action as well.

The band was great, the music was clean, tight, loud & fast, very nice! Coopers voice sounded a little rough, I love him to pieces but I think he needs to give the vocal chords a rest here & there. Not that it sounded bad at all, I just wouldn't say he was at his peak.

One thing I wasn't expecting, when the curtian came up, a bunch of people rushed up to the stage (there was a good amount of space between the 1st row & the stage) & people started running down the aisle's to get there. It was mahem, just for a little bit, and I was standing there thinking should I grab my son and go for it? Well, we didn't but I wish I did because once the staff realized what was going on they stopped everyone else from going up there. Def. the first 2 rows were up there, which is fine, but it seems that others were allowed to stay just because they had the balls to run up there right away. Good for them I wish I had been let in on the plan because while we had good seats, of course I still want to be within of few feet of the stage.

The atmosphere was like a big party & the sound was awesome. Love what he did for Vengance, much better than the last tour.

All & all a great show, again, got to meet some other sickthings which as a nice bonus.

So, what did YOU think?
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: MGM Foxwoods

Post by revinkevin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm

It's hard to beat Foxwoods for a show. Not a bad seat in the house and that's not always the case for a 4,000 seat venue. It looked like a sold out show. Just like last year. Jimmy DeGrasso is a great drummer and looked like he was having a blast. Kerri and Damon are a power house on Guitar. I thought Ryan Roxie would be missed, but Kerri has just as much swagger and the chops to back it up. I thought Chuck looked a little out of it last night. Maybe a little tired but certainly did not let anyone down. Alice has a brutal touring schedule so a off night every once in a while is not expected.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:11 pm

:clap: The only thing I disagree with is that I thought Alice sounded fantastic! Although at one point in the show, the music did seem to overpower the vocals a little. Of course it very well could have just been my ears giving out. LOL :rock:

All in all, a fantastic show!! Great seats, great crowd. Pictures do not do his outfits justice, imo. My husband absolutely loved Jimmy DeGrasso on drums; thought he was better than Eric. And ooh, I got my first keepsake from an Alice show too - a tiny little bit of confetti from one of the baloons. :rotfl: It somehow made its way back to my row (L) and landed in my hair.

Nice meeting you, Michelle! How did your son like the show? Hope he had a blast.
It's just the little things...

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:56 pm

There was a fatal accident in Boston on 93, so my friends and I were running somewhat late. I didn't get to meet any of the other sickies. As far as the show... WOW!

For people who were there last year, is it me or was the sound really bad last year compared to this. I was in pain (from volume) and I thought Alice's mic was clipping a great deal. This year, the sound was great. I could pick out every instrument.

Also, last year I sat in the Parterre. This year I was in THE FIFTH ROW!!!!!!!! Let's just say I will never go anywhere other than orchestra again. And I try my ass off to get first five rows every time I go. It was a whole new world - I could make out Alice's every facial detail. Incredible.

My two friends were casual Alice fans at best. Steve much more so than Tim. Tim was a skeptic. He's always considered Alice to be second rate. At the end of the show, he turned to me and said "You were right, Dan. That is one of the most fun shows I have ever experienced." Now he seems interested in discovering more of Alice's work.

My fourth guest was a blind date who took the ticket at the last minute. We hit it off, but what really impressed me was looking over at her a few times and seeing her sing along to some of the more obscure songs in the setlist.

The show itself was amazing. Alice was in top form. Watching the band have fun was also great. The back and forth between Keri and Damon was hilarious. The theatrics were absolutely hysterical. The energy was amazing. My only complaint about the show was that From the Inside sounded a bit half-baked. It didn't feel like a well thought out song. Nurse Rozetta on the other hand, sounded wonderful with the modern touches.

Steve caught two picks, but he gave one to a woman next to us. He got a hand on both Alice's cane and the diamond necklace. Lucky lucky.

Did anyone take pictures? How did they come out? Mine came out like crap. If any of you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be very appreciative.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:51 am

Oh, I agree - I was in the parterre section last year too, and this year I was in orchestra row L - orchestra for me from now on!! And hopefully closer next time. And I do think the sound was much better this year too.

I did takes some picturess, but mostly from the first half of the show. They came out so so; working on getting them online soon, so I'll post a link when they're ready. I did have a better camera with me, but found out I couldn't use it so only used my small, crappier one.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 am

I will post pix soon, some came out ok but many of them were blurry (won't bore you w/those). I agree that not only do photo's not do the costumes justice, but also the stage. I LOVED the big red dangly ALICE hanging there from the rafters, and the staircase for Vengance was really cool. The entire show seemed to be a bit more modern, sharp & edgy, and the band was on FIRE!!

I have never seen a show at MGM but I thought the acoustics were fantastic. And I love all of the merchandise, only got 1 shirt last night for my son, but I have a friend going to CA & might have to place an order for some more!

Diane it was nice to meet you too, even though it was brief. Joseph loved the show, and loved playing w/the balloons before the lights went down. He wants to go again for sure. I would go back there again, the crowd was great, very happy and fun. Did you see the guy totally Cooper'ed out w/ the doll heads all over him? Man, he was the most dressed up fan I've ever seen, nice job. I wish I took a picture of him! & of course the "Cooper Kid" was there and looking spiffy in her top hat and jacket.
Good times.....
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Here are the best of my pictures:

http://danlovetere.tumblr.com/

I wish I knew how to use my father's camera before the event. Ah!!!!! Has there been any indication as to when the DVD (and blu-ray hopefully) will be released?

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm

We loved the Foxwood's show considering sitting down:

As a few of you that met us know, we were in the front row of the 2nd level. When Alice came on we stood. Looking behind us, nobody else was. It wasn't long before I started getting things thrown at me. At the point of a full water bottle nailing me in the back we sat down out of concern for the safety of my daughter. Had I found the person that threw it, I honestly would have snapped him in half.

Sitting down at an Alice show....fun, fun. :/

Of the two shows over the weekend we liked Torrington better as it was in a ghost town with only about 3/4 of the 1700 seats sold. After the people had cleared, the town was empty. On MAIN ST a car would drive by every 10 minutes or so.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:00 pm

http://dianejpics.blogspot.com/ Some of my pics.

Michelle, no, I hadn't seen him! Aw, wish I had. I usually people watch. Fun to do at an Alice concert. :laugh: But for whatever reason, I kept missing everyone. Off in my own little world, I guess. Hubby kept saying to me wow, did you see that one? And I'd be like, um, no. He was amazed since most of them walked right by me. LOL

Tony, wow, that was SO rude of them!! :nono: We were up there last year and most people were standing. All the people in the balcony were sitting the other night too. ::((: