For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Columbus, OH Aug 1 * Spoilers*

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Back to the beer thing for a second, personally I don't mind beer stands but I don't see the need to drink till you don't remember anything and make it less enjoyable for others around you.

Always drink responsibly!
Me = Winning

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:25 am

^I completely agree. I attended a Poison show a few years ago where one guy was SO very drunk, he could not physically stand up alone. His 4 friends were standing around him as we waited for the show, to catch him whichever way he fell. Eventually, they gave up, and one unlucky friend took him back to the hotel. Meaning....they BOTH missed the show. So not cool. If your'e gonna do that, save yourself the money and your friends the trouble and baby-sitting duty and don't go.

And on the other side, yes, I've seen the VAST majority of people drink appropriately and responsibly and enjoy an "adult beverage" along with their rock show. I'm all for that. It's just those occasional individuals that tend to stand out in concert memories!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:10 am

carnival of rock tour 1997.... hammered gentleman in front of this sick thing falling into me all of warrants set and into alice's show,until during "I'm eighteen" I could take no more and gently nudged him about 3 rows ahead of me.problem solved AND the rain stopped!
seriously folks,don't ruin it for people trying to catch a crutch! :nono:

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:21 am

Back on topic:
1) did one of you other folks from Pgh bring Chuck that terrible towel?
2) I am pretty sure that Devil's Food had an entire extra verse I had never heard before. Was I dreaming?
3)I hate to say it, but I thought BOC's set was overall terrible. Buck Dharma is always great to watch, but I was seriously disappointed in the song selection, Eric Bloom's ridiculous banter, and the over long and pointless instrumental solos. They were much better at the Mansfield ribfest a few years ago!
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:44 am

I don't mind the beer thing too as long as the person isn't drunk and out of hand. I personally may have 1 or rarely maybe 2 but that about it for me.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:59 am

alienspice wrote:Back on topic:
Not this time... we did that in Saginaw 2 years ago though!

I wonder how many terrible towels he has now as he offered to give it back and we told him to keep it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Killer79
Trash
Trash

Post by Killer79 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 am

2) I am pretty sure that Devil's Food had an entire extra verse I had never heard before. Was I dreaming?
1- I am a big Steelers fan and saw Alice in Indiana, but Chuck didn't have TT on stage. Did someone throw it on stage or was he wearing it?

2- The remastered WTMN CD has some bonus tracks and one of them is Devil's Food with alternate lyrics. That version has the additional verse.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 am

chuck has steelers ear monitors.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Chuck will officially be in "Steeler Country" tomorrow.

SisterSara
Trash
Trash

Post by SisterSara » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Curious the article from the Horseshow link said Calico was in the show, not that it really matters. The bit was still hilarious in my opinion! Sheryl said they had very little time to rehearse and the transition between shows was pretty rough, So lots of things may have been changed. Little rehearsal? could have fooled me. But then I'm a chemist not a musician. Just know what I like! :alice:
Twenty dollars will make you die.

SisterSara
Trash
Trash

Post by SisterSara » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:20 pm

3)I hate to say it, but I thought BOC's set was overall terrible. Buck Dharma is always great to watch, but I was seriously disappointed in the song selection, Eric Bloom's ridiculous banter, and the over long and pointless instrumental solos. They were much better at the Mansfield ribfest a few years ago!
Garrick was laughing his you-know-what off with that stupid towel. I was right in front of it..should've climbed the wall to get it. I also agree BOC was rather lousy. The batteries in my camera died right then (trying to get shots of Rudy for a friend). I had to go clear over to past the steers and sheep to get some from the fair grocery. Godzilla was playing when I got back..wasn't even impressed with that.

SisterSara
Trash
Trash

Post by SisterSara » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 am

Devils Food wrote:I' m back from the show last night in Columbus. The wife and I were in section 208 row A directly behind the soundboard. The seats were wonderful. The show was great folks. Alice never disappoints and just seems to get stronger every time I see him. The man is timeless.

I wasn't so sure I would like the big screens being up there because I thought it would take away from the show but I was so wrong. For those not there they had camera guys in front of the stage filming the show and they would flash it on the big screens. I thought that was pretty cool.

I totally enjoyed the set although it seemed very WTMN oriented but I really don't have a problem with that considering I'm not a big fan of ACAS. I really didn't want to hear any of that anyway. In my opinion the one song off that record "Vengeance Is Mine was the weakest song in the set besides the obligatory "Poison" which I could always do without. Other than that I thought the set was great and the band was extremely tight. Man oh man what a difference it makes having Damon Johnson back. He and Kerri Kelli together are a six string arsenal. Wow!

I can go to hell.... I even make my grandma sick. :laugh:

That was great.

One thing I have to say about Columbus that pissed me off is there was NO BEER. A buddy of mine called me at my hotel room and said there is no beer being sold at the fair. I had a full cooler at the room and my friends came over with a ton of beer and we drank and partied in the room until right before the show. It was pretty funny because everyone was doing it. No beer at an Alice Cooper show. Unbelievable.

Anyway it was a blast and the show rocked. I loved the stage set up, the costumes were cool as hell, and Nurse Rozetta my oh my. :love: All in all a great night

Enjoy!
The last time I went to a concert with alcohol (in Montreux) this really drunk guy was roaming around smoking a cigarette trying to get up front. I don't think he knew where up front was. Anyway, the point is; the people got sick and tired of him and just started shoving him backward. He'd fall down. When he stood up, he got pushed backward and fell down again again, etc., etc. Hilarious!

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:No way...Rudy's with BOC again? ROCK ON! Can't wait to see him Thursday!
Sorry missed this post. Sarzo is such a great bass player. He stole the show. He is carrying BOC now. (I Never thought I would say that.) Honestly he was the best part of their show and he draws a lot of attention. He walked up to the sound board in front of us sat down and people were all over him. Snapping photos and asking for autographs.It got real crowded real fast.

He was sporting the Ramones look with the black sunglasses and the jean jacket. He was traveling incognito and it didn't work so well. Rudy was doing his best to pretend to hide but he was still loving the every minute of it. He turned to us and said hello and gave me an autograph. Nice enough guy.

I felt bad for Buck Dharma he wasn't get much attention. they both sat at the board for Alice's set. Rudy left about halfway through and Buck was there till Mr. Nice Guy.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 am

I said it before and I'll say it again ... Rudy Sarzo has played in every band ever formed since 1974 :rotfl:

How 'bout this for a band lineup:
Bass - Rudy Sarzo
Drums - Eric Singer
Guitar - Prince
The supergroup is called Jolly Giants :grin:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Killer79 wrote: 2- The remastered WTMN CD has some bonus tracks and one of them is Devil's Food with alternate lyrics. That version has the additional verse.
True, however those aren't actually the additional lyrics Alice is singing in the new show! These are new, at least to me.

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Thanks Si.
I actually had checked the lyrics page before I posted my question. I saw those additional lyrics from the remastered CD, but you are correct that's not what he was singing.
Perhaps someone can listen close and try to make out what they are? (I'm gonna try to make it to the Erie PA show in September and I'll be paying extra close attention!)
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Yea, I believe he says "feast" in the new lyrics.

I'll see if I can pick them out tonight.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Argh I knew I was forgetting something on my wishlist ;)
I hadn't even read the alternative lyrics until now. I love this version!

Now this is really interesting. I hope you can make the words out RI!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Devils Food wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:No way...Rudy's with BOC again? ROCK ON! Can't wait to see him Thursday!
Sorry missed this post. Sarzo is such a great bass player. He stole the show. He is carrying BOC now. (I Never thought I would say that.) Honestly he was the best part of their show and he draws a lot of attention. He walked up to the sound board in front of us sat down and people were all over him. Snapping photos and asking for autographs.It got real crowded real fast.

He was sporting the Ramones look with the black sunglasses and the jean jacket. He was traveling incognito and it didn't work so well. Rudy was doing his best to pretend to hide but he was still loving the every minute of it. He turned to us and said hello and gave me an autograph. Nice enough guy.

Ok....Rudy just got even cooler/nicer. After this thread, I left a comment on his facebook page saying I'd just realized he was with BOC at the moment and was looking forward to Sunday....and he messaged me back! :)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Killer79
Trash
Trash

Post by Killer79 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Si wrote:
Killer79 wrote: 2- The remastered WTMN CD has some bonus tracks and one of them is Devil's Food with alternate lyrics. That version has the additional verse.
True, however those aren't actually the additional lyrics Alice is singing in the new show! These are new, at least to me.
My bad. I couldn't remember the lyrics while he was singing but I figured it was from that version. I'll try to do better in the future.