ACAS Bonus Tracks :))))

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Wicked Little Lady
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Wicked Little Lady » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 am

sammysausage76 wrote: now I feel like I need this too...
I agree--it just drives me nuts to know that there is a song out there that I cant access even though I bought the CD as soon as it came out. I have to shout a big NO FAIR to that one and I probably wont rest until it is loaded into my mp3 player. :(
Worship the ground you walk on

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:48 am

If you want my opinion it sorta sounded like there might be "more" bonus tracks, because he said "two of the bonus tracks" instead of "the two bonus tracks." That could have been just how he said it though and I could be wrong (not that I am specifically suggesting there are more but the *possibility* that there could be more.)
Me = Winning

ikbenalicefan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by ikbenalicefan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 am

sammysausage76 wrote: I am already going to get both the vinyl and cd,
It see there also a ltd digipack on ebay don't see this om Amazon or else
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ALICE-COOPER-Al ... dZViewItem

Comus
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Comus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:23 am

The idea sucks. I have iTunes, iPod etc but iTunes doesn't work anymore and no-one knows why or how to fix it. Not that I ever used it much anyway as I like to hold the CD as something tangible. Lame idea. Not happy. But on tenterhooks for the next 2 weeks! Can't wait to hear it!
Is someone calling me?
...No
I think I hear a voice
It's outside the door!!

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:39 am

It will probably come out in an ultimate edition CD with a DVD disc of all the video promos they shot and all of the bonus tracks. They will probably release it again on vinyl too. Maybe they will even do the unspeakable and re-edit the bonus tracks into the story. That would be a first for music as far as I know - a director's cut of sorts.

And the saps we are, we're all going to buy the stuff.

I would love to have the bonus tracks lossless, but if I have to settle for MP3, I can deal (because they'll be lossless sooner or later). But there's no chance in hell I'm buying the whole album a third time.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm

What it comes down lo is that there are two ways to make money...

1. Have a hit.
2. Create a gimmick to try and get the die hards to purchase multiple copies. How many people on here had to collect all four versions of TEOAC? At least this MIGHT be a worthwhile variation.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:How many people on here had to collect all four versions of TEOAC? At least this MIGHT be a worthwhile variation.
What were the differences between those four versions? And how far apart were their releases?

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:43 pm

They were released at the same time. The only difference was the color of his eyes on the cover.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Stuff like this has now become common practice in the industry. The latest greatest way of sticking it to the fan is to have multiple retailers sell different versions of the album, each with unique bonus material.

Often times, if you want everything you have to buy the album 3 or 4 times. Good way to stick it to your core fanbase.

This is just the latest in an industry that has continually found new ways to screw their customers... while at the same time they wonder why sales are off and so few feel badly about downloading.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:26 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Stuff like this has now become common practice in the industry. The latest greatest way of sticking it to the fan is to have multiple retailers sell different versions of the album, each with unique bonus material.

This is so true.

I have seen a single - released yesterday - that has the same song on each of the three versions of the disc, but each disc has a different second track, and the final 'pull' was that they retail at £1.99 each or you get all three for £4 - in effect, 'buy two - get one free'!

I bought them all of course! ha ha ha ha ha :rotfl:

;)
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Lately, I have seen "exclusive bonus tracks" for different stores----such as Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Circuit City, and ITunes-----all different versions, packaging, songs----here is an example:

Kiss kind of did this with their DVD, Kissology, Each volume has a bonus disc, and the content of the bonus disc depended on WHERE you bought it. Some people bought 4 Kissology sets, just to have all four bonus discs.

What it does is create competition and obsession---which is FUN!--socially, it makes Alice Cooper fans flip out because they want THAT SONG or DISC.
On the other hand, all the different companies/stores sort of get to "share the wealth" because of the increased business.
This way, no one company can monopolize the selling of Alice's album...because each will/would be selling a different version of the album.

The 29th is going to create absolute mayhem. People lined up outside waiting for the store to open just so the can buy the new Alice Cooper album. :laugh:
Ahhhh, heaven does exist.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:56 pm

GailsFriend wrote: The 29th is going to create absolute mayhem. People lined up outside waiting for the store to open just so the can buy the new Alice Cooper album. :laugh:
Ahhhh, heaven does exist.
I highly doubt that.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:07 pm

GailsFriend wrote:What it does is create competition and obsession---which is FUN!--socially, it makes Alice Cooper fans flip out because they want THAT SONG or DISC.
Fun? My wallet doesn't think so.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm

The only mayhem it will create is me going to every store within 15 miles, making sure there are no in-store exclusives. I have 3 Walmarts, a Target, 2 Best Buys, Circuit City, 2 FYEs, and 2 Newbury Comics.

Newbury comics' exclusive is autographed CD booklets. I think that's probably where I'll end up buying.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:33 pm

In the end, Alice Cooper is an artist. He creates good art/music and is worth spending money on.
I am going to be a good Alice Cooper fan and buy the album, CD, eventual DVD (those promo vids are gonna come out, y'know), and buy a concert ticket, and a t-shirt because Alice Cooper is worth every penny.

Feezle-Nuts agrees with me....because Feezle-Nuts is a dedicated Alice Cooper fan, also.

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Since the whole album leaked, there is the possibility of that happening to the bonus tracks too.
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 pm

I still love the feeling of waking up, knowing it's "release day"---going to the store when it opens and buying the new album.

I used to steal them when i was 12 years old....didn't work out so well.

I am getting really excited about the LP, and CD and the videos and then the tour!!
I just wish people got obsessed like I do, there was a time when people did that.

I remember when people lined up for the new Guns N Roses album
I remember when people lined up for the new Metallica album

Now, band suck musically....why be obsessed about that? Alice doesn't suck, he deserves my obsession.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:26 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I just wish people got obsessed like I do, there was a time when people did that.
Oh, I think there's some obsessed fans here just like you. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:I just wish people got obsessed like I do, there was a time when people did that.
Oh, I think there's some obsessed fans here just like you. :)

I'm still obsessed!
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Good. I am guilty of giving way too much to Kiss with all their merchandising....but, damn it's cool stuff.

The same with Alice Cooper----all my Alice Cooper albums were stolen out of my car, even my imports.....you know what I did. I went out and bought them all over again....without blinking.
Expensive....but, I earn my money to do with it what I want. I want Alice. His music, that is. :laugh: