For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
Feezle-Nuts wrote:Instead of releasing an album of 14 songs(example....don't know how many bonus tracks will be released), let's release an album of 11 songs and then put 3 bonus tracks on iTunes.
Not exactly a huge conspiracy... but okay.
That way if the fans want to hear them, they have to purchase the album twice.
Are we absolutely positive that will be the case?
No we aren't. Only time will tell.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:35 pm

This is what is going to happen. I was just reading that the same thing happened with Ozzy's Black Rain. Three bonus tracks were released on iTunes. It was reissued six month later as the "Tour Edition", which had a second disc that was a mixture of live and studio cuts - the studio cuts of course being the iTunes bonus tracks.

I have no doubt that this is going to happen here. Luckily we'll all get to hear the bonus tracks long before this happens, so we'll be able to decide if the double dip is worthwhile. I'm really hoping for like a full hour of live tunes to go with the few extra bonus tracks. That will kick a tremendous amount of ass.

Owepar
Trash
Trash

Post by Owepar » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:14 am

TeresofBlood wrote:I just remembered that there were two issues of Dragontown. The second had a bonus live disc. This is probably what will happen - comparable to the B$B special edition as well. We'll get disc 1 - the album and disc 2 will be a mixture of studio bonus and live tracks.
The bonus "Dragontown" disc was hardly worth the double-dip (not that that stopped me from buying it). It has "(Can't Sleep) The Clowns Will Eat Me," a bad remix of "Brutal Planet" and live versions of "Go to Hell" and "Dwight Fry" (two of the most overexposed live tracks). Oh yeah, and a paper slip-cover and two music videos to watch on your computer (both from the Brutally Live DVD). Seemed to be only for the hardcore fan or someone who hadn't bought the regular edition yet.

I certainly wouldn't frown on a special edition of ACAS, but I'd hope the content was more along the lines of the BDB special edition CD. That was a great bonus disc, and to boot, the remastering of the regular album more than made up for the fact that I've bought it on CD twice (in addition to the cassette and three different vinyl versions that I own... and the damned DVD that I couldn't play on anything and eventually sold for less than I paid for it).
TeresofBlood wrote:In a dream world, we'll get a DVD of live performances and the promo footage.

That would totally be worth a double dip.
Alice mentioned last night that a DVD of the ACAS tour is planned. If it actually happens (knock wood), I would presume that the online promos and whatever videos are shot would be made available as extras.
Born Dead

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:19 am

Owepar wrote: Alice mentioned last night that a DVD of the ACAS tour is planned. If it actually happens (knock wood), I would presume that the online promos and whatever videos are shot would be made available as extras.
From the vibe I'm getting ACAS tour is going to be like another Welcome to My Nightmare tour (I'm assuming not as big or budget wise) so I'm hoping for a feature length filmed concert.

Owepar
Trash
Trash

Post by Owepar » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:07 am

Yeah, he said the tour would have "spiderweb and all," so I'm guessing it's gonna be a full-scale, classic production.
Born Dead

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 am

That might explain the 2009 start, using 2008 to fund the new set and get it built?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:13 pm

I would hope that he would start playing songs from the new disc sooner than later. It seems to me he has some momentum and buzz going with ACAS, something he has not had in a long time, and I would hate for him to lose it by waiting until next year. When a band has a new disc out and is out on the road, they usually are doing their best to promote it. I would hope it would not be any different for Alice.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:17 pm

revinkevin wrote:I would hope that he would start playing songs from the new disc sooner than later.
In a few months we'll be seeing some new stuff live, albeit in shorter form. :rock:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:47 pm

>When a band has a new disc out and is out on the road, they usually are doing their best to promote it. I would hope it would not be any different for Alice.

You may find the discussion at viewtopic.php?t=3980 interesting.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:41 pm

Ugh! That really long thread again? Haha. :grin:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Wouldn't the bonus tracks be

Shadow of yourself
I'll Still be there

???
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:58 am

I did some research on iTunes and I saw many artists with special exclusive bonus tracks. Of course, you must purchase the entire album to get access to the bonus tracks.

I'm sure one of us will buy it. Many of us probably will. Since we're getting screwed in the matter, a bunch of us should just kick in a buck and split it. Hahaha I'm a cheap bastard.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:22 am

GailsFriend wrote:Wouldn't the bonus tracks be

Shadow of yourself
I'll Still be there

???
I have seen several sites showing these two tracks replacing The One the Got Away and Feminine Side.