Promo Trailer #2

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:26 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:I guess when you can't think of anything else to say, you just repeat yourself over and over.
It's not as simple as that. Within the context of the song it may be completely necessary to have an emphasis on a few words or phrases. As complicated as Alice has been with his lyrics, he's gotten his message across with less said and been just fine.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:02 am

On repetitive choruses the coop and many artists have done this and there s nothing wrong with this if you pull it off well . But i also feel many of the new tunes do indeed have repetitive choruses , but there not pulled off in a good way .

Its clear the coop has come out with a very different album this time around . Not sure if the coop was aiming for something different or its a case of time constraints , writing partners or a mix of all of the above .

Imho the album has a few good tunes and thats cool , but they also help highlight how average most of the other tunes are . To my ear the last 2 tunes are the better ones and that leave's me with a good taste in my ears at the end of the album .

To me the trailers of spider conjures images of a powerful criminal mastermind that should send shiver down my spine . But the sound of burnt toast being scraped or the mere mention of a double acas album is enough to give me the shivers .

This album may very well strike fear into the heart of some and be total bliss for others .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:17 pm

criss wrote:To my ear the last 2 tunes are the better ones and that leave's me with a good taste in my ears at the end of the album .
I think the ending of an album is as important as its beginning. Something strong to solidify the point.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Thanks for being more specific. I must admit I don't much care for repetative lyrics and "whoo whoo's" in music. I would rather just hear the instruments without this. I haven't yet heard the album, so I will refrain from further negative comment.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:10 pm

great trailer for a great album
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:27 pm

So, is this safe to watch for those who want to avoid the music of ACAS, or should I just stay away?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:39 pm

^No. New track part revealed in this one.
Me = Winning

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Thanks WYM!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:26 pm

What is really interesting is that Feezle-Nuts says he has "the complete picture" because he has the album----which he has nothing positive to say about.

1) Feezle-Nuts does not have "the complete picture" because he has not seen all the videos that are tied to the storyline/concept of the album.

2)Feezle-Nuts does not have the additional bonus tracks---which also tie into the concept of the album.

Maybe Feezle-Nuts will be a good Alice Cooper fan and just line up when the stores open on July 29th and buy both the LP, CD, and eventual DVD and get a ticket when Alice is on tour and buy a shirt because he wants to financially support Alice because he believes that Alice is the best artist, and worth every penny.

HOW ABOUT THAT?
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:51 pm

I think he's already said that he's getting the CD and LP...and I'm sure there's a darned good chance he's going to a show.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 pm

GailsFriend wrote:1) Feezle-Nuts does not have "the complete picture" because he has not seen all the videos that are tied to the storyline/concept of the album.
Shouldn't the music stand on its own? That's what he's judging.
2)Feezle-Nuts does not have the additional bonus tracks---which also tie into the concept of the album.
If they do they can't be terribly important to it if they are downloadable *Bonus* tracks.
Me = Winning

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm

I am buying the cd, not the LP because don't care to have 2 copies of something that I don't care for(not that I have anything to play it on anyway). I am also going to the Columbus show.

The "complete picture" is nothing that will last. What will remain is the album. It is my opinion that the album sucks. It really is a shame because the promo pics and the videos are cool for the most part. Too bad they don't make up for a crappy album.

As far as the bonus tracks, I feel that they are a gimmick to screw the fans by making them purchase multiple copies of the album. I will be downloading those illegally. If they are in the same style as the ones currently out, I don't think I will like them anyway.

The "Complete Picture" to you looks like it is going to be pretty darn expensive. No thank you.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:It is my opinion that the album sucks. It really is a shame because the promo pics and the videos are cool for the most part. Too bad they don't make up for a crappy album.

As far as the bonus tracks, I feel that they are a gimmick to screw the fans by making them purchase multiple copies of the album. I will be downloading those illegally.
No one is ever forced to purchase anything they don't want to buy. So I don't think it's fair to say they are "making them purchase multiple copies" as I don't think the fans have guns held at their heads forcing them to make purchases.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:02 pm

If they want all the tracks......they ARE forced to purchase multiple copies. It is assumed that a fan would want all the tracks is it not?

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:If they want all the tracks......they ARE forced to purchase multiple copies. It is assumed that a fan would want all the tracks is it not?
Maybe some fans don't want them all. Why assume anything? The bottom line: no one is forced to buy anything they don't want to buy.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Just for the record (no pun intended) that may not be the case after all. We may be able to buy the tracks separately. We just don't know what's happening at this point until the end of July rolls around.
Me = Winning

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Well, eventually they come out.....Look at Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper----finally, Alice fans got a copy of "Look at you over there ripping the sawdust from my teddybear".

The same with Is Anyone Home, Nobody Likes Me, Mankind, etc.....eventually those songs come out. I don't think Alice keeps a "vault" of unused songs...at least I never heard of "The Vault"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:24 pm

>If they are in the same style as the ones currently out, I don't think I will like them anyway.

But will you go back and pay for them if you do, though?

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:26 pm

New bands today suck musically, why be obsessed over that? Alice Cooper doesn't suck. He deserves my obsession.

Good money well spent.....on good music, by a great artist.

Even if I *possibly* don't like the album as much as past ones...I will find out when I hold it in my hot little hands.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:27 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Feezle-Nuts wrote:If they want all the tracks......they ARE forced to purchase multiple copies. It is assumed that a fan would want all the tracks is it not?
Maybe some fans don't want them all. Why assume anything? The bottom line: no one is forced to buy anything they don't want to buy.

::((: