Promo Trailer #2

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

Well, a lot of them have heard the whole album. So, they're not making the decision based only on the snippets. Some are....granted. But the large majority of those voicing opinions have heard the album in its entirety.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

I long for the days of yesterday when one would hear only the singles on the radio and then BAM! the album was in stores.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:33 am

Ya know. I've never been a big enough fan of anyone to be that eagerly anticipating an album, or on a board, or anything. Heck, before Alice...I don't think I'd bought *a* CD in about 5 years. Liked singles, etc but nothing enough to buy the full deal. This is my first experience with this. It's....interesting. ;)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:11 am

What all this crazy talk going on about this NOT being a PLACE for ALice Cooper fans ? It's THE place for it . I don't think there any one here who Wont BUY the album even after they Downloaded it first Some of them will be the ones BUYING the vinyl version as well. Every body's opinion of good Alice /Bad Alice is going to be different. In all the time I've been around here I've never seen Or placed a list or set list, or whatever That has been "perfect" just like mine. Alice Is about the MUSIC regardless of the image. At least he Should be. Other wise the MUSIC would be secondary, and the packaging is all we would need to make our minds up about the album.

And the response about not being able to "polish a turd?" LOL

Have you seen or heard the "MUSIC " these days?

"I kissed a girl And I liked it. Taste of here cherry chap stick. That a TURD. BUT it's a hit. They can polish turds to a mirror like shine these days IF they want to.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:02 am

Shoesalesman wrote:I long for the days of yesterday when one would hear only the singles on the radio and then BAM! the album was in stores.

THANK YOU!!!!

At least back in the early days the single would come out and some of us could be spared the pain of hearing other fans bash the song.

Nowadays everyone is a critic and if it doesn't live up to THEIR expectations then they have to voice it until the anger over said disappointing album goes away.

But alas to them the anger never goes away, you're all stuck with your disappointment until you make an effort to come to peace with it. :nono:

Oh crap, I'm ranting. :laugh:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:08 am

The days of having to wait for the album to be released in the shops are long gone now thanks to the internet. It's a shame, but that's life. I did consider whether to allow people to comment on the album before release date, but with so many people having heard it, it would have been a full time job to constantly be deleting topics and posts by people who had after it was leaked.

Music should be able to stand on it's own, with the packaging etc as a bonus that adds to the enjoyment. The imagery we are seeing for ACAS in the promo photos and the videos is excellent. Certainly IMHO the best we have seen in many years. I think that is part of what is causing such an outpouring of emotions both positive and negative as it has been building up expectations and some seem to think the music is the weak link in the puzzle.

Time will tell where ACAS ends up standing in the history of Alice Cooper. It's waaay to early yet to judge that, but I don't think all this "buzz" will hurt the album. For every negative post there is a postitive post right after. If anything it should make people more interested in hearing an album that has split the fanbase so much.

As to whether this site is for Alice Cooper Fans. Of course it is. And because of that we are free to say things that we would probably never say to a none fan. We can be critical if that is how we feel, however when stopped in the pub and asked about Alice I would bet pretty much everyone on this board would defend Alice and his music fanaticaly. It's the difference between talking amongst likeminded friends, and outsiders. we care about Alice and his music, and thus are passionate about it, even if sometimes we feel something isn't as good as we think it could be.

Not liking a particular album (if that should be the case) doesn't in my mind mean you are any less of a fan. Alice Cooper music is so diverse that it is hardly surprising different people prefer different parts of what he has done.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:24 am

*Queues up patriotic music and puts British/Alice flag behind Si*

Good points and well said.

I accept checks please.
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:35 am

Si wrote: As to whether this site is for Alice Cooper Fans. Of course it is. And because of that we are free to say things that we would probably never say to a none fan. We can be critical if that is how we feel, however when stopped in the pub and asked about Alice I would bet pretty much everyone on this board would defend Alice and his music fanaticaly. It's the difference between talking amongst likeminded friends, and outsiders. we care about Alice and his music, and thus are passionate about it, even if sometimes we feel something isn't as good as we think it could be.
Excellent post Si. The above comment about like-minded friends is an interesting take on describing die-hard Alice fans.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:39 am

Thank you Si. I think what you said needed to be said.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:33 pm

I totally agree with everything Si says, I commend you Sir!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Since I started this thread, I am enjoying listening to everyone. Please go on.

I have been a fan of Alice since I was 5 years old. My first album was WTMN in 1975. I really have a hard time saying I don't like some or any of Alice's music. There are a few....less than wonderful, but not awful...songs by Alice....but just a few...not bad for a man making music for 40 years.

But, at the present moment....my current judgements based on the 30 second clips and videos together.....I think the album is better than a 5 but less than 10.

I honestly cannot say more because I haven't heard every song, seen every video--nor have I seen any material in concert yet ( because sometimes the live performance is better than the studio version).

I still think everyone will change their minds. Eventually. I like certain songs now more than I did when I first heard them......Eat Some More is better now. Backyard Brawl is better now.
Believe it or not, I did not like Steven when I first heard it.....see? Now I love it.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Si wrote:The days of having to wait for the album to be released in the shops are long gone now thanks to the internet.
I'm still waiting. :( ;)

Excellent comments, Si.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Si wrote:The days of having to wait for the album to be released in the shops are long gone now thanks to the internet. It's a shame, but that's life. I did consider whether to allow people to comment on the album before release date, but with so many people having heard it, it would have been a full time job to constantly be deleting topics and posts by people who had after it was leaked.

Music should be able to stand on it's own, with the packaging etc as a bonus that adds to the enjoyment. The imagery we are seeing for ACAS in the promo photos and the videos is excellent. Certainly IMHO the best we have seen in many years. I think that is part of what is causing such an outpouring of emotions both positive and negative as it has been building up expectations and some seem to think the music is the weak link in the puzzle.

Time will tell where ACAS ends up standing in the history of Alice Cooper. It's waaay to early yet to judge that, but I don't think all this "buzz" will hurt the album. For every negative post there is a postitive post right after. If anything it should make people more interested in hearing an album that has split the fanbase so much.

As to whether this site is for Alice Cooper Fans. Of course it is. And because of that we are free to say things that we would probably never say to a none fan. We can be critical if that is how we feel, however when stopped in the pub and asked about Alice I would bet pretty much everyone on this board would defend Alice and his music fanaticaly. It's the difference between talking amongst likeminded friends, and outsiders. we care about Alice and his music, and thus are passionate about it, even if sometimes we feel something isn't as good as we think it could be.

Not liking a particular album (if that should be the case) doesn't in my mind mean you are any less of a fan. Alice Cooper music is so diverse that it is hardly surprising different people prefer different parts of what he has done.
:drink:
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:23 am

Well said Si...

I remember when Eyes and DD first came out the comments were all over the place. I reviewed it, gave each song a rank 1-10 and a brief comment, specifically, as to why I did or did not like each song. I didn't moan on and on about how crappy I thought some of the songs were. I didn't, and still don't, like either of these two albums as a whole, However there are songs that I really like (such as Man of the Year) and (Run Down the Devil).

I guess my point is twofold, first in order to analyze an album, you should analyze the songs individually. Second I think that generalizing with broad comments does little to further intelligent conversation. Speak specifically about the parts that you like or don't like.

(I know a couple of negative commenters on here that will quote me on this last part then put "Specifically The Whole Thing" or some wise crack like that ...we know you don't like the album.....we get it.

A wise man once said....if you don't have something positive to say, people get tired of listening. Well, I have to say some of this repetative negativism is getting tiring. Let the argumentive quotes and rebuttals begin.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:22 am

Some negative is alright, shows folks care. The worst thing you could do is dismiss it and never speak of it again. But that certainly hasn't happened here yet.

BTW, does anyone know if the CD insert will be a fold-out or a booklet (the stapled kind)? Fold-outs take me HOURS to refold properly, so a booklet would tickle the fancy for sure.
Last edited by Shoesalesman on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 am

Alicehunter2000 wrote:Speak specifically about the parts that you like or don't like.
Ok....

-Repetitive lyrics. Every song has at least 1 line that is repeated 10 times in a row. I guess when you can't think of anything else to say, you just repeat yourself over and over.

-Lyrics that make no sense/totally grammatically incorrect thrown together to make things rhyme.

-Annoying fake clapping in at least three songs.

-These lines...

You look so cool, you look so sweet
C'mon baby, c'mon over baby (inside)
It's your world, but it's my street
Woo woo.. woo woo.. woo woo

-Chorus for one song....

Killed by love
Killed by love
Killed by love
Oh bye bye love

-Chorus for the next song...

I'm hungry
I'm hungry
Yeah I'm hungry
Oh I'm hungry

-That chorus followed by more....

Woo Woo woo
woo woo woo
Woo woo woo
woo woo woo

-------------------------------

Is that specific enough? That is only scratching the surface.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:18 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Alicehunter2000 wrote:Speak specifically about the parts that you like or don't like.
Ok....

-Repetitive lyrics. Every song has at least 1 line that is repeated 10 times in a row. I guess when you can't think of anything else to say, you just repeat yourself over and over.

-Lyrics that make no sense/totally grammatically incorrect thrown together to make things rhyme.

-Annoying fake clapping in at least three songs.

-These lines...

You look so cool, you look so sweet
It's your world, but it's my street

-Chorus for one song....

Killed by love
Killed by love
Killed by love
Oh bye bye love

-Chorus for the next song...

I'm hungry
I'm hungry
Yeah I'm hungry
Oh I'm hungry

-That chorus followed by more....

Woo Woo woo
woo woo woo
Woo woo woo
woo woo woo

-------------------------------

Is that specific enough? That is only scratching the surface.

What is really so bad about the repetitive lyrics and the woo woo's? For example the Stones do it alot like in the song below and you can't tell me that isn't a classic. We all know Alice loves the Stones so why wouldn't they be an influence on some of his song writing.

Sympathy For The Devil

Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!
Tell me baby, what's my name
Tell me honey, baby guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name
I tell you one time, you're to blame
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah
What's my name
Tell me, baby, what's my name
Tell me, sweetie, what's my name
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:39 am

So there!!!!! :laugh:
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:43 am

steven15322 wrote:What is really so bad about the repetitive lyrics and the woo woo's?
He may feel the same way I do, it doesn't take the song much anywhere dynamically and with what Alice is capable of it just seems way too reliant on the same thing over in what already seems to be sub-Alice lyrics IMHO.

I can cite examples as far back as the original band where repetitive choruses happened, "I Love The Dead" outro or "Public Animal" outro but those portions of the songs were only a tiny portion of all the other lyrics offered on those songs/albums. In the case of this album some of them are almost half the song long.
Me = Winning

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:06 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
steven15322 wrote:What is really so bad about the repetitive lyrics and the woo woo's?
He may feel the same way I do, it doesn't take the song much anywhere dynamically and with what Alice is capable of it just seems way too reliant on the same thing over in what already seems to be sub-Alice lyrics IMHO.

I can cite examples as far back as the original band where repetitive choruses happened, "I Love The Dead" outro or "Public Animal" outro but those portions of the songs were only a tiny portion of all the other lyrics offered on those songs/albums. In the case of this album some of them are almost half the song long.
I get what you are saying. Maybe Alice is just trying it differently this time. Doesn't make it good or bad..Just maybe he is trying it differently. He does seem to try different styles and with his two album per style you never know we may get a second album after this one in the same trend lol ..I am sure some people didn't want to hear that :rotfl: as they dont seem to care for this album... I myself like it but that doesn't make it good or bad just my opinion :grin:

Who knows maybe this album will connect with a bigger fan base..maybe it wont..only time will tell