Along came Alice's best album in years

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:58 pm

To me it seems like an unfair comparison between a museum piece in a vitrine (ACG)and a work in progress(AC).

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Mr. Skull wrote:To me it seems like an unfair comparison between a museum piece in a vitrine (ACG)and a work in progress(AC).
Huh, we are talking which songs are better here...better go back to your thesaurus

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Parish wrote:
Mr. Skull wrote:To me it seems like an unfair comparison between a museum piece in a vitrine (ACG)and a work in progress(AC).
Huh, we are talking which songs are better here...better go back to your thesaurus
There's were I'm indeed since I prefer the old songs.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:54 pm

Baz wrote:I suppose 1969-1974, is a short time in a career that has spanned from 1969-2008, and it is understandable that those fans who were not around at that time do not realise the insignificence of the ACG.

It`s hard to express the love that was felt for the band by some of us, and still is I suppose.
GailsFriend in an earlier post, said that she never cared about the other musicians in the band, and only cared for Alice, now I wouldn`t go as far as to say I don`t care about the musicians Alice has used since 1975, but I`ve never had the same attachment to them, I find it impossible to think about them in the same context as the ACG. I admire them greatly for the role they have played in Alice`s career, but admiration and love are not the same thing.

As much as I love the Coop and his music, theres been 20 albums released sinced Muscle Of Love and none of them match up to anything released by the ACG.
Thats not a put down on the work Alice has done as a solo artist, just a benchmark of how highly the ACG is regarded by myself.

Those of you who were around then will understand what I mean, those of you who were not, please forgive the ramblings of an old man, who is looking forward to Thursday night as much as ever.
:alice:
I think Alice has matched the ACG Love It To Death - Muscle Of Love period twice, with Welcome To My Nightmare and From The Inside.

My Top 7

1 Welcome To My Nightmare
2 Billion Dollar Babies
3 Killer
4 Love It To Death
5 School's Out
6 Muscle Of Love
7 From The Inside

But the difference between the top 3 in terms of preference is so slight if it was the other way round I couldn't really argue against it.

Love It To Death & School's Out could also swop places .

Muscle just edges it for me over From The Inside.

I would put Along Came A Spider in my Top 10
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:58 pm

The differences between the ACG and AC are the members unique personalities.

Its like booking a trip to Europe and visiting five different countries or just one...