Amazon.com USA's Product Description (pretty cool)

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Amazon.com USA's Product Description (pretty cool)

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Legendary rock n roll genius Alice Cooper has joined forces with SPV to unleash the master s latest dark, conceptual masterpiece Along Came A Spider . With a full-scale North American tour in place for 2008, an aggressive marketing team ready to go, and a household name icon steering the ship, the sky is truly the limit. The time for a full blown revival has arrived and 2008 will be the year of Alice Cooper - an artist who has had immeasurable impact upon rock music and every facet of pop culture.

You know I am wondering, if this album might actually make radio play or even chart possibly in the top 100, I wouldn't know what to do if Alice had a single again...does anyone think such things might happen?

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:41 pm

Without a doubt. The music and the show has always been there. It's just a case of having the right label backing you (see the revival brought about by the Epic Years).

If SPV really do have an aggresive marketing team ready to put the effort in, the pay off should be successful.

I definitely see ACAS being the Coop's m ost successful album in years if this is the case.

But lets not count our chickens yet (pun inteneded). :nono:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Voodoo Revolution wrote:Without a doubt. The music and the show has always been there. It's just a case of having the right label backing you (see the revival brought about by the Epic Years).

If SPV really do have an aggresive marketing team ready to put the effort in, the pay off should be successful.

I definitely see ACAS being the Coop's m ost successful album in years if this is the case.

It seems everyone always hangs the success (or lackof) on the label, however I think there are far bigger obstacles... chief among them the state of the music industry in general and the complete implosion of radio in the US. An industry that won't touch anything new by classic rockers.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:34 am

...I hope this album does well for the Coop....not too sure if radio play matters anymore though, in my opinion, its just music getting in the way of DJ's yakking and ads.....as for a single being released...what would be the point ? it's not as if you can go into a shop and buy one these days.....he should maybe put it on e-bay, one copy at a time, and lets all slug it out in a bidding war!!! Bring it on Alice!!!
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:59 pm

>It seems everyone always hangs the success (or lackof) on the label, however I think there are far bigger obstacles... chief among them the state of the music industry in general

Exactly (as has been previously discussed at great length).

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Voodoo Revolution wrote:Without a doubt. The music and the show has always been there. It's just a case of having the right label backing you (see the revival brought about by the Epic Years).

It seems everyone always hangs the success (or lackof) on the label, however I think there are far bigger obstacles... chief among them the state of the music industry in general and the complete implosion of radio in the US. An industry that won't touch anything new by classic rockers.
It seems, however, that other classic rockers do enjoy a good deal of success. Rolling Stones, KISS, Aerosmith, Bob Dylan and the like.

Somehow, Alice always seems to get left behing in this sense.

Although, I do agree about your point regarding the state of music today.....maybe Alice should have had Timbaland produce the album.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Maybe Alice likes being where he is.

Alice has gotten VERY BIG a few times in his career, a blessing most bands or performers only reach once, if ever. Maybe he doesn't want to be as big as he's gotten over the years and maybe he's fairly comfortable with his current popularity. I guess I'm not only referring to the new album but more his view of the entire Alice package. He still draws the crowds and still makes the papers/TV/interviews...maybe he's good with just that. Of course I can't speak for Alice himsmelf, but I've pondered this school of thought for a bit now.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Voodoo Revolution wrote: It seems, however, that other classic rockers do enjoy a good deal of success. Rolling Stones, KISS, Aerosmith, Bob Dylan and the like.
I don't know about the Stones and Dylan's sales figures, but I wouldn't really compare those two to Alice. They're in a very elite league.

I do know, however, that KISS hasn't even released a studio album since 1998 while Aerosmith released their last true studio album in 2001. Their 2004 "Honking on Bobo" mostly covers album had very disappointing sales figures from what I heard.

On top of that, KISS members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley now proclaim they have no intentions on recording new music now, and likely never, and blame it all on the state of the industry and downloading.

KISS is now content in becoming a total nostalgia band, relegated to recreating their past with people in the costumes and make-up who weren't even there. Kinda sad.

I much prefer the path Alice has taken.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."