12%
Ubangi Stimp
5%

Total votes: 58

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by WeirdKat » Sat May 14, 2005 2:49 pm

You might still get a preview or two at the concert...I've heard he's done that in the past with new albums that aren't yet released.... ;)

Edited By WeirdKat on 1116082184
My carbon footprint wears baby shoes

FlushTheFashion
Trash
Trash

Post by FlushTheFashion » Sun May 15, 2005 2:08 pm

WeirdKat wrote:You might still get a preview or two at the concert...I've heard he's done that in the past with new albums that aren't yet released.... ;)
Fingers crossed we see the new album or alteast as you said get some previews .

:clap:

RundowntheDevil
Trash
Trash

Post by RundowntheDevil » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:13 pm

Personaly I really like the energetic vibe of the song. I like Alice's vocal style too. Ok, not his best work, but for what it is I think it's really good.
I'm pure non entity, don't even look for me. I watch you when you sleep. I am the triggerman........I'm always out of sight. A shadow in the mist.

EyeAm

Post by EyeAm » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 am

I finally heard "Steal That Car", on the Bruce Dickinson radio show this week. I didn't like it. I rated it 'poor'. I don't like too many of the songs that repeat the same thing over and over, like that 'shut up' song on Brutal Planet. I heard this song and though, "And there's no filler material on this album?!"

Don't flame me :laugh:, but :TEACH: 1 carefully crafted song = 1 very happy listener. ::x: ::((: ;)

RundowntheDevil
Trash
Trash

Post by RundowntheDevil » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:50 am

EyeAm wrote:I finally heard "Steal That Car", on the Bruce Dickinson radio show this week. I didn't like it. I rated it 'poor'. I don't like too many of the songs that repeat the same thing over and over, like that 'shut up' song on Brutal Planet. I heard this song and though, "And there's no filler material on this album?!"

Don't flame me :laugh:, but :TEACH: 1 carefully crafted song = 1 very happy listener. ::x: ::((: ;)
'Pessi-Mystic'? I didn't like that at first, it's really grown on me now though.

As for "Steal That", sure it isn't the most original ever, but I think the album needed this (or similar) to inject some high energy in to the album. Ballarina, Saga, Sunset, six hours are all thought provoking songs and touching in places, so I think 'Steal That Car", or something similar was needed.
I'm pure non entity, don't even look for me. I watch you when you sleep. I am the triggerman........I'm always out of sight. A shadow in the mist.

MrDemeaonor
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MrDemeaonor » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:59 pm

I thought the lyrics were cleavor, but the song on the whole sounded a bit rushed.
Now he wants to live here...there goes the neighborhood

EyeAm

Post by EyeAm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:23 am

Maybe "Steal That Car" is meant to be more punkish--and you know how the genre of Punk rock deals with lyrics/music. :D Songs wind up more as 'jams'.

Sleeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Sleeper » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:14 am

I love the driving riff in the song and the chrous. However, Alice's voice isn't at it's best
What do you mean "I can't get to work on time"?
Go nothing better to do

Darien Fawks
Trash
Trash

Post by Darien Fawks » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:18 pm

I think Steal That Car is a fine track, but I can't say its excellent, because I want to be a good judge like Simon Cowell. This is Alice stuff, and which ever is Alice, is good for me. So in the spite of liking this track very much, I gave it good.

:rock:

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:18 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:You should hear it on the Ross show, sounds a ton better but the lyrics are still stupid. But for all we know.. maybe in the next song we find out its Jessie Jane who stole that car or something. A continuation?
just to help me out, can you explain why the lyrics are stupid/
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

Rick Jones
Trash
Trash

Post by Rick Jones » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:18 am

Very Zipper-ish. I absolutely howled at this one. Funniest lyric ever.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:35 pm

Hmm... it's quite good. The chorus gets stuck in your head. Really nice ending.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Jonathan Ross

Post by Jonathan Ross » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:58 pm

Hmmm not a bad track from our Panda eyed friend ............wumour has it Alice is to record a song about 'Happy Slapping ' on his next welease .

Mayor Of Dragontown
Trash
Trash

Post by Mayor Of Dragontown » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:16 pm

This song reminds me of material from the Raise Your Fist and Yell days. Not bad but not great. I didn't care much for the lyrics either.

Rick Jones
Trash
Trash

Post by Rick Jones » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:25 am

The whole point of this song is the character who just can't help himself at any opportunity to make off with yet another set of wheels. Kinda like the Bart Simpson of car thieves. It's as if he's blaming the owners for having bought a nice car in the first place. Funny stuff. :laugh:

GIX
Trash
Trash

Post by GIX » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:57 am

Hey Rick! Where ya bin?

Yes, this one has definately grown on me, it takes me back to 'Zipper' and I loved early 80's Alice Cooper!!
The natural urge to live degenerates into UGLY passions - Plotinus

Scandal2000

Post by Scandal2000 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:37 pm

To be honest, I don't care for this one that much. It is okay but quite average.

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:49 pm

Poor "Steal That Car". It definitely suffers from being sandwiched (on the US album) between "Run Down The Devil" and "Six Hours".
I don't like it any better than I did before..if I was Ezrin, I would give Alice at least a tap on the head for this one. ;)
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:59 pm

This is my second least favorite on the album (Stand is the first). It's not a horrible song, just in the company of all the other songs on the album it's not one of the best (for me). It does sound like it would be right at home on "Flush The Fashion".
All of the above is just my opinion.

Shoesalesman

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:11 pm

Wow. I'm really surprised at the voting; thought it would place higher. The lyrics after the chorus remind me of Hard Rock Summer. Sorry guys, I really like this tune. It's a funny, no-brain bopper. Like rock 'n' roll should be.