Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Re: UK Dates 2024

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:20 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 pm
Local gig Birmingham for me always gives us absolute garbage seats on the pre-sale.
The two dates in London - possible recording over two shows?
I was literally just thinking the same thing re: the 2 London shows

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:20 am

I reckon they will release better seats later on - pretty naff selection of seats available today.
Looking at Glasgow and the 2 dates in London

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:34 am

Pretty Ballerina wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:20 am
I reckon they will release better seats later on - pretty naff selection of seats available today.
Looking at Glasgow and the 2 dates in London
I got an email late yesterday from AEG/AXS (the promoters) saying that the London presale had been going so well they were releasing MORE presale tickets for those shows... Of course when I looked they were all terrible seats at the back, and there's no guarantee they were actually telling the truth rather than just pumping up the pressure to get people to buy, scared they may lose out.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:32 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:12 am
Si wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:30 am
steven_crayn wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:06 am
As a matter of interest i got good tickets for Leeds and London on the Wednesday pre sale, but also had a look today on the main sale and the tickets weren’t as good, so pre sale still a better option than waiting until main sale.
I don't think you can say that is *always* true. It seems very random, which is why it's such a mess.
There have certainly been times in the past when the general onsale throws up better tickets then what you get offered in presale. And then on top you have times when better tickets suddenly go on sale weeks or even months after the initial onsale date (I've bought a second row center a week before a show at face value!).
It's a nightmare now, because whatever point you bite the bullet and pay your money, there is no guarantee that 24 hours later a MUCH better ticket won't become available, possibly cheaper, even via the same seller.

There are also multiple presales going live at the same time. On Wednesday there was the AC.com and some venue presales. Thursday there was ticketmaster and other venue presales, and Friday the official onsale. And that doesn't even include the various credit card/utility/phone presales that go on.
This is one of the most infuriating things. If you at least knew what the best outlet was going to be, you could make every effort to get tickets through that one. We never do though. Thus we have farcical situations of sitting with multiple windows open and trying to race through them to see what's available.

I should add that, for all my moaning on here, this was the first time in years that I was unavoidably busy elsewhere when the tickets went onsale, so I had to get a friend to suffer on my behalf. I then apologised for the stress I put them through.
When the original guys did those special UK shows with Alice a few years back i got tickets for every show. I did it all online apart from Leeds, when i called the box office, spoke to a human being and got second row from the centre front of stage. I hate all this internet shit, years ago you would go to the venue or apply by post, it was fairer and much better as it cut down on touts.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:28 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:32 pm
When the original guys did those special UK shows with Alice a few years back i got tickets for every show. I did it all online apart from Leeds, when i called the box office, spoke to a human being and got second row from the centre front of stage. I hate all this internet shit, years ago you would go to the venue or apply by post, it was fairer and much better as it cut down on touts.
Doing it online would be find if it was a fair and level playing field. But it's not any more. Every single thing possible has been put in the way of it being a fair system. The more money you can burn, the easier it is of course (VIPs, premium tickets etc), but for the average fan the current systems are simply miserable, designed to extract the maximum profit, and in so doing have destroyed both the experience of seeing a major act AND the atmosphere at the shows.
And you are correct. it has done little to nothing to stop the touts - especially when Ticketmaster etc actually scalp tickets themselves from the moment they go on sale!!

My favourite thing is the world used to going to see a great band live. Now I dread it. Silly ticket prices plus fees, crappy venues who charge you up to a third of the ticket price just to park your car in THEIR OWN car park! Then when you get in everything is massively overpriced as they literally have a captive audience... I HATE everything about the experience now other than those 90 minutes or so the band are on stage... and meeting up with friends I seldom see in person.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 pm

Got lucky today. 4th row just left of centre for Glasgow. Nothing close on Ticketmaster but got them on ASX.

Agree with all the comments about the bigger venues. I count myself lucky to be able to get to Glasgow venues easily and cheaply. I have a drink before I get there and maybe one in the venue. Probably saves me £20 at least compared to car park and venue prices.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:08 pm

del wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 pm
Probably saves me £20 at least compared to car park and venue prices.
Car parking for arenas like O2 and Birmingham can be between £25-£25 alone! For their OWN car park, so that you can go into their venue! It's disgusting.

Even the Brighton centre has the issue, as the NCP behind the venue has now bumped it's prices right up in the evenings to catch anyone attending the venue. Luckily there is a much cheaper option just along the sea front, but not everyone knows about it thank god!.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:34 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:08 pm
Even the Brighton centre has the issue, as the NCP behind the venue has now bumped it's prices right up in the evenings to catch anyone attending the venue. Luckily there is a much cheaper option just along the sea front, but not everyone knows about it thank god!.
Not ideal, but it's only about a 15 minute walk from the Brighton train station to the Centre... and it's pretty much in a straight line
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:43 am

I'm a need and keep an eye on ticket sales where I can when Alice tours.

Can't see Birminghams stats but Manchester and Leeds seem to be up to the same level as the last tour so far.

Surprised London hasn't sold out yet particularly given its all seated and some folk will do both nights.

The bad one for me is Glasgow. Its a long way behind where it was on the last tour..

Plenty of time to go yet but a bit disappointing I think.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 am

del wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:43 am
I'm a need and keep an eye on ticket sales where I can when Alice tours.

Can't see Birminghams stats but Manchester and Leeds seem to be up to the same level as the last tour so far.

Surprised London hasn't sold out yet particularly given its all seated and some folk will do both nights.

The bad one for me is Glasgow. Its a long way behind where it was on the last tour..

Plenty of time to go yet but a bit disappointing I think.
Would be best for all if he went back to playing the armadillo. He'd surely find it a lot easier to fill that place and it's a much better venue for the viewing audience.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:49 am

He sells between 6,000 and 8,000 in Glasgow usually. Armadillo is 3,000 so I guess it’s been about maximising income. He’s around 4,500 at the moment and possibly heading for 5,500 so an easy sellout at the Armadillo but less profit for one night’s work? Two night’s time and cost possibly too much as well?

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:41 am

del wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:49 am
He sells between 6,000 and 8,000 in Glasgow usually. Armadillo is 3,000 so I guess it’s been about maximising income. He’s around 4,500 at the moment and possibly heading for 5,500 so an easy sellout at the Armadillo but less profit for one night’s work? Two night’s time and cost possibly too much as well?
Good point