For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Tampa …Freaks Tour

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:15 am

Good show, only about 1hr. 15mins long, no drum solo, same set list as the last time I saw him. Good atmosphere, thought they coulda turned it up a tad. Was pleasantly surprised at Rob Zombie. Thought he stole the show. Would def go see him again. His production dwarfed Alice’s. Ministry were shite

Prometheus77
Trash
Trash

Re: Tampa …Freaks Tour

Post by Prometheus77 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:25 pm

Yes. I saw the setlist times posted on setlist.fm. It's more like 65 mins. I think it's rather shameful to call this a co-headliner tour and then both mainacts only play 65 mins. Bareley. And in Alice case leaving out WTMN songs and Bed of nails, making it a totally boring show. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought tix to 2 shows. Did you have a pit ticket? Wonder how easy it is, getting to the front, having to compete with Zombie fans.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:53 am

One of the things about a tour like this one that I don't get is having such a static playlist. It isn't meant as a slam in any way, but consider you have bands like Filter and Ministry opening, and then an industrial metal performer like Rob Zombie, it would seem with that type of audience that adding a song or two from Brutal Planet and Dragontown, maybe bring back Freedom or Roses from Raise Your Fist and Yell, maybe even something like Vengeance is Mine would go over well with those there to see bands other than Alice.

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:51 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:53 am
One of the things about a tour like this one that I don't get is having such a static playlist. It isn't meant as a slam in any way, but consider you have bands like Filter and Ministry opening, and then an industrial metal performer like Rob Zombie, it would seem with that type of audience that adding a song or two from Brutal Planet and Dragontown, maybe bring back Freedom or Roses from Raise Your Fist and Yell, maybe even something like Vengeance is Mine would go over well with those there to see bands other than Alice.

It seems obvious to me too. Likewise pulling material from Trash and Hey Stoopid while touring with Motley Crue and Def Leppard.

I've got tickets for the Nashville concert, but I probably won't go. I don't get out of the house much and I hate Nashville so I'm not sure I want to deal with all the hassle for an hour long show.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:20 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:53 am
Agree 100%

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:27 pm

Prometheus77 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:25 pm
Yes. I saw the setlist times posted on setlist.fm. It's more like 65 mins. I think it's rather shameful to call this a co-headliner tour and then both mainacts only play 65 mins. Bareley. And in Alice case leaving out WTMN songs and Bed of nails, making it a totally boring show. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought tix to 2 shows. Did you have a pit ticket? Wonder how easy it is, getting to the front, having to compete with Zombie fans.
Was just behind the pit, I would say I coulda quite easily have got in there…if I weren’t 65 😅😅 . Think that was probably me last Alice concert, notched up over 50 since the 70’s , so a good run, no complaints…only thing that would get me back would be a massive change in the setlist….or of course, an original band tour on the back of the next album 🤞🏻🤞🏻

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:30 pm

Just gotta add…. I thought the Hollywood Vampires show in Glasgow blew this one away. Just great hearing a completely different Alice set list ….and gotta lot of time for Joe Perry

Prometheus77
Trash
Trash

Post by Prometheus77 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:15 am

Yeah. Then I just hope it's the same at my concerts. Though, for one hour, why even bother. I have to say, the setlist on this year's tour is lacking. Even more so on this Freaks tour. Had I known in advance what a let down the setlist and the setlength would be, compared to the last tour, I wouldn't have bothered.

Yeah. Had a lot of fun on the Hollywood Vampires tour too. While a different vibe and not quite comparable to an Alice show, it was fun to hear different songs.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:31 am

I wouldn’t have bothered either , but the positive thing being…I saw Rob Zombie for the first time and he kicked ass. Brilliant performance.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:34 pm

Really hoping this co-headline cac is done by the time he returns next year. sick of paying for a ticket and getting a cut-down run time so another band i don't want to see gets to play. I used to begrudge having to sit through support acts, then it suddenly became two support acts, and now in some cases it's three, one of which plays about 20 mins.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:10 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:34 pm
Really hoping this co-headline cac is done by the time he returns next year. sick of paying for a ticket and getting a cut-down run time so another band i don't want to see gets to play. I used to begrudge having to sit through support acts, then it suddenly became two support acts, and now in some cases it's three, one of which plays about 20 mins.
Frankly, that is something that is not likely to go away with any of the bands. The market is tough out there. A lot of bands aren't a big enough draw on their own or financially can't make it work anymore. That's what happens not only when the Economy is bad but frankly fans are partially to blame. You have so many people who want something for nothing. They want to stream new music and not pay for it or pay very little. Artist don't make any money off of new music so the money is in touring and merchandise and even with that their cut isn't as big as people think. Now you have meet and greets. I have heard a band like the Rolling Stones or Metallica may charge several thousand dollars to meet them.

This means a lot of bands are going to team up on coheadling shows and shows with four bands because they are hoping to draw from the various fan bases. Alice, who is in a better situation than a lot of bands, to do large theater shows (when a lot of the older bands either don't tour or some even play clubs now), has to some coheadlining or even in the case of Def Leppard and Motley, be the opening band because frankly he likely made more money agreeing to opening up six or seven shows in big big venues than he makes doing 30 theater shows. That money is what keeps him able to tour at a high level.

I actually prefer shows with an opening band. I never have cared for Evening With shows with bands because you usually pay a large ticket price to see one band play an hour and half to two hours. I have always preferred shows where a good opening band played 35-40 minutes and got you ready for the headliner. However, I don't care for coheadlining shows were both headliners basically are doing barely an hour. Not only is it a very short show but you can forget for the most part, a band getting creative with the playlist.

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:14 pm

I'm really kicking myself that I didn't go to the last show in Knoxville. Huge mistake on my part. I didn't want to drive that far, but it would have been much better than dealing with the hassle of Nashville for a 60 minute show.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:34 am

I saw this last night in Toronto for my 10th Alice show. I'm sure most on this board have seen him even more times than I have, but I'd say it's 100% worth going solely for Snakebite and Lock Me Up. The whole set was pretty fun, and although I agree it was way too short, it didn't feel disappointing.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:17 pm

Shame Lock Me Up was about one verse