For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Photos

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:25 am

In the old days I used to get a fair few people asking if their photos from shows could be added to the photos section of the site, which I did, as in my mind it helps document the various shows as they change visually, plus in some cases gives me images I can use in the timelines etc.

However over the last few years the world has moved on from web sites and dedicated forums like this, with facebook and instagram taking over almost completely. Such is life. No big deal.
But that has left the photo section rather lacking in terms of more recent shows....

So, if you have *GOOD* photos documenting a show from the last couple of years and would like/allow them to be added to the site for posterity then give me a shout via email and I can sort it out. Just good documentation of a handful of shows per tour serves the purpose if they a good shots.

By "good" I mean reasonably sharp, and reasonably close - shots that show the action/interaction on stage. Honestly, no one is really very interested in a blurry photo from 200 rows back are they? Especially good is anything showing Alice and the band interacting/posing, the props, stage set, screens etc. The idea being to take you through the show illustrating what happened.

Also not generally worth putting up are shows were you have just half a dozen shots (unless they are stunning shots!). But I know a number of you, like me, fire off anything up to 100+ shots at a show.
I can/will resize/rename etc so you don't have to worry about that.

You won't get paid of course (I wish), but you do get credit, and if you wish I can probably include a link to you own site/instagram/whatever if you so wish.

So.. anyone?

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Photos

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:40 pm

Hi Si!

I have about 700+ professional pics from 2017 in Brazil, showing about everything (the beginning of the show is kind of blurry but some are reasonable enough to post here. I could provide a link to all of them if you'd like and you can pic the ones you think fit the most here.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:41 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:40 pm
Hi Si!

I have about 700+ professional pics from 2017 in Brazil, showing about everything (the beginning of the show is kind of blurry but some are reasonable enough to post here. I could provide a link to all of them if you'd like and you can pic the ones you think fit the most here.
Sounds good to me! Thanks!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:22 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:41 pm
Marcelocooper wrote:
Hi Si!

Uploaded and shared, let me know if it worked :rock:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:51 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:22 pm
Si wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:41 pm
Marcelocooper wrote:
Hi Si!

Uploaded and shared, let me know if it worked :rock:
Umm... uploaded where?

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:58 pm

Icloud, sent the link by email. If you didn’t get I’ll try to share again

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:59 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:58 pm
No nothings arrived yet. I don`t use any Apple products if that makes any difference?

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:30 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:59 pm
[quote=Marcelocooper post_id=315312 time=<a href="tel:1691510297">1691510297</a> user_id=171]
No nothings arrived yet. I don`t use any Apple products if that makes any difference?
[/quote]

Shouldn’t make any. Sent the link again, if this doesn’t work I’ll upload to another site

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:36 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:30 pm
Si wrote:
[quote=Marcelocooper post_id=315312 time=<a href="tel:1691510297">1691510297</a> user_id=171]

Shouldn’t make any. Sent the link again, if this doesn’t work I’ll upload to another site
[/quote]

Recieved second email and replied directly.
Afraid it needs an Apple ID to log in and see them. The link tells me you have shared the folder and I have a button to "add to icloud" but I don`t have iCloud and would need to set up a Apple account to get any further.
I've asked my daughter to see if she can (as she has Apple products). So give me a little while to see what she can do.

https://wetransfer.com/ is good for sending large files. It's free (there's a free link below their sales pitch panels) and simple to use in my experience.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:55 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:36 pm
Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:30 pm
Si wrote:

Recieved second email and replied directly.
Afraid it needs an Apple ID to log in and see them. The link tells me you have shared the folder and I have a button to "add to icloud" but I don`t have iCloud and would need to set up a Apple account to get any further.
I've asked my daughter to see if she can (as she has Apple products). So give me a little while to see what she can do.

https://wetransfer.com/ is good for sending large files. It's free (there's a free link below their sales pitch panels) and simple to use in my experience.
[/quote]

Sorry, I used to be more tech savvy but Apple has got me lazy on that regard :rotfl:

I didn't receive your email, but while you try the link, I'll upload to https://wetransfer.com/, that way you'll get the photos somehow

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:55 pm
Sorry, I used to be more tech savvy but Apple has got me lazy on that regard :rotfl:

I didn't receive your email, but while you try the link, I'll upload to https://wetransfer.com/, that way you'll get the photos somehow
Cool. My daughter has got into the files but she isn't at home so it will have to wait until she gets back and to her computer.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:44 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:55 pm
Got 'em! Thanks!
Will take a little while to go through and prepare them for the site but will let you know when they are up!

What do you want the credit to read?

Thanks!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:47 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:44 pm
[Got 'em! Thanks!
Will take a little while to go through and prepare them for the site but will let you know when they are up!

What do you want the credit to read?

Thanks!

You are more then welcome, I appreciate the work you have always put on this website daily. Glad to help if I can.

Just credit do Marcelocooper.

Hope you enjoy

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:37 am

Marcelocooper excellent photos are now up in the photo section. Just scroll down to 2017.
I've had to split them over two pages as even after removing the "not as good" ones there are still around 300 now up there!

Thanks Marcelocooper!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:37 am
Marcelocooper excellent photos are now up in the photo section. Just scroll down to 2017.
I've had to split them over two pages as even after removing the "not as good" ones there are still around 300 now up there!

Thanks Marcelocooper!
You are very welcome! Glad you liked them :clap:

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:14 pm

Feel free to use these if you would like. They were from the back though.

https://ibb.co/album/PDkVrC

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:31 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:14 pm
Feel free to use these if you would like. They were from the back though.

https://ibb.co/album/PDkVrC
Thanks. I'll work on them in the morning and get them posted up :)

PS: I lied... they are up there now :)

Cheers!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:08 pm

Hey Si. I *think* I sent you some pics via email. Let me know if you didn't get them... or if you did. There's about 35 pics.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:12 pm

Up there now.

Thanks!

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:32 pm

I sent over some photos using my outlook email as I wasn't having much luck using my aol. I thought they were all detroit muscle tour but actually a couple are black eyes I think. I don't keep them all seperated and tidy. I f you can use those I have a few from this tour thanks