Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hollywood Vampires 2023

Post by Si » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:13 am

Parish wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:01 pm
Si...I'm lost in America....does this "band" actually sell records?
Obviously they sell records, as much as any band does nowadays.
Parish wrote:
Aside from the must know sideshow of Johnny Danger's change in color for his "rockstar" bandana what the hell is the attraction?
Obviously seeing Alice Cooper, Joe Perry or Johnny Depp. They're tapping into three different fanbases right there. Just because YOU have no interest doesn't mean others don't. Obviously they do as they often fill arenas.
Parish wrote:
Their live renditions are literally laughable and the studio versions aren't much better.
Obviously that is just your opinion. Just as obviously not every one agrees with you.
Parish wrote:
When is Al Pacino joining on Xylophone?
When he's finished having more kids?
Parish wrote:
They could save a lot of money ( by not schlepping and inconveniencing hundreds with a tour ) and make the same just standing in an auditorium somewhere selling photo ops.
Quite possibly, considering how much the VIP packages go for.
Did you known the profits from a fair number of shows is actually donated to local charities?
Parish wrote:
Taken from JohnKnee Dept's webpage (not really)...
"Oh its not about the money it's my passionate, artistic gift that wills me to share my tremendous talent with the world!"
I honestly don't think it IS about the money, at least for the main players. It's not like they need more money. They're having fun doing it so why shouldn't they? If people aren't interested they won't go. Obviously that isn't happening.

Again you are coming from this from the "I'm the only one who is right" angle. If the band is enjoying it, and enough people want to pay to enjoy it, why shouldn't they carry on doing it? And what right do you have to say they can't?

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:14 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:13 am
Parish wrote:
When is Al Pacino joining on Xylophone?
When he's finished having more kids?
:rotfl: I liked that one Si...

As usual, you make all good points and leave me a bit more enlightened than when I arrived...

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:03 am

Parish wrote:
Their live renditions are literally laughable and the studio versions aren't much better.
Does that mean that you've taken the time & actually watched/listened to entire performances?
Or, just clicked away after the 1st few notes? The HV have Star Power (in more ways than one).
What more do you expect? Dissing Johnny only harms the rest of the players & he
"Holds His Own" when it comes to guitar playing & vocals. You don't get to do an album with Jeff Beck if you don't have a few chops in your arsenal. Did Jeff need to work with him? No, he wanted to. RIP JB :(
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:03 am

Does that mean that you've taken the time & actually watched/listened to entire performances?
Hey D&C - Yes I listened/watched and I -just - don't - "get it".

Si and some others here have set me straight that my opinion isnt the only one in the world so I've adopted the "Whats good for the goose may not be good for the gander" mindset so we all can play nicely together. *surrender*

Let's all crank, "I Love America" raise a beer and enjoy the extended weekend.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:45 am

Si wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:36 pm
cooperrocks wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:29 pm
Yeah, that is actually an interesting thought. It seems that the Hollywood Vampires audience is a little bit different than (obviously with a few exceptions) than the typical Alice or Aerosmith audience. Maybe it is the Johnny Depp factor,
The Johnny Depp factor is THE major pulling point for HV. A sizeable percentage of the younger audience wouldn't know Whole Lotta Love from Stairway to Heaven. The music is almost immaterial. For them it's all about seeing Depp in the flesh, hoping he'll smile at them if they get close enough.
I’m actually not sure that it is THE major pulling point. It’s certainly a big element but at the four gigs I’ve seen to date it seems to split into four elements.

1. Aerosmith fans, probably the smallest number in any crowd I’ve seen.
2. Rock fans there for some nostalgia. Easy to see many Zepplin and a few Who shirts and speak with folk who just want to hear a live version of old favourites. Possibly 20/30% at a couple of shows.
3. JD fans - I honestly don’t think he has had the majority of fans at any gig. There is always a lopsided crowd with the screamers down his side of the stage but equally there are plenty who keep away from that side and respond completely differently to each song.
4. Alice fans - I’d say he had the loudest crowd in two of the gigs. Certainly Paris, which was a surprise, and Glasgow on the last tour.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:17 am

wish there was a way to block quoted idiots i have on ignore. i don't come to an Alice Cooper fan site to have to see putrid garbage from someone who's not a fan and shits on Alice in virtually every post.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:14 am

belter of a show at Manchester, phenomenal reaction. I actually think that was the best cheer for Alice i've heard when he introduced himself, even comparing to solo shows.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:04 am

I took in the Swansea show on Friday and must say that it was really very good (a point backed up by the crowd reaction throughout). There's great camaraderie and cohesion amongst the group now and the setlist has evolved to the point where the three main members (Alice, Joe and Johnny) all have nicely balanced prominence throughout.

After great use at the beginning, I found the presence of the video screens a bit of a turn-off as they begun featuring rather off-putting generic imagery (they do not, at any stage, provide a live feed of the show). However, when used right they really added value to the whole experience. The best example of this, and the highlight of the night for me, was Who's Laughing Now, which was brilliantly delivered in every way. When used right, screens like these can make a real impact, especially to those at the back of the venue.

Who's Laughing Now was also the point where the huge inflatable fangs popped up. At first I feared a Spinal Tap Stonehenge moment, but they were actually very cool.

A few other points:

> I will never get used to seeing Alice play the guitar. He does it twice and I just can't accept seeing it (sorry).

> Tommy is presented as the 4th "proper" member of the group. This is great, and he really deserves it, but I'd really like to see this rubber-stamped with him being given the chance to take lead vocals on Git Round Me.

All-in-all though, a real triumph and Alice remains in remarkable condition.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:00 pm

Flew to Edinburgh to see The Who at the castle last Sunday,absolutely amazing….caught the train to Glasgow to see The Hollywood Vampires last night…. Possibly the best concert I’ve seen in years , bloody brilliant. Crowd were standing the entire concert… Loud Loud Loud…. No wonder I got tinnitus 😅

forglasgowonly
Trash
Trash

Post by forglasgowonly » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:35 pm

The Hollywood Vampires on Wednesday evening in Glasgow was just jaw dropping. Utterly, utterly fantastic. What a cooking band, and a great fun evening. Coop was as great as you would expect, but the secret weapon was Joe Perry who was in blistering form. You can tell when a band love each other, and the camaraderie is clear to see. I won't forget this one in a hurry.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:45 pm

I agree, Joe Perry …..was on fire 🔥 🎸🎸🎸

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:01 am

Yep, a great gig and great to see the banter between the group. It clearly is a group now and is building its own fanbase judging from some of the folk round us on Wednesday.

Should they continue doing covers? Yes, its the foundation the whole thing is built on and the crowd love it.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:50 pm

The eventful (if you believe any of the endless Jonny Depp clickbait) Hollywood Vampires tour is now complete...

How does it mean?
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:02 pm

Pitta wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:50 pm
The eventful (if you believe any of the endless Johnny Depp clickbait) Hollywood Vampires tour is now complete...
How does it mean?
It refers to the seemingly never ending speculation and outright misinformation posted about JD and the band during the tour by the tabloid/gossip press and their online equivalents. Clickbait which was generally littered with errors and uninformed hearsay.

Every day literally hundreds of "news" posts were appearing online about his health, his clothes, just about anything except the music and the shows, which is the most important thing! There were reports the tour was cancelled (it wasn't), that JD was in hospital (he wasn't), all sorts of stuff simply made up to trick people into visiting a site.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:17 pm

I can only say that I was there in Budapest and after the cancelles concert I was in the hotel too. I tried to speak about with other fans in several forums but they deleted all of the comments about JD. The concert was cancelled because of Johnny and the hotell staff told us, that he was in the hotel bar and drank the whole day.

There was a lot of clickbaits and a lot of speculations after that. That is true. But I think it's not fair to the 10.000 fans to tell, that was only an eventful tour with a lot of clickbaits.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:22 pm

Pitta wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:17 pm
There was a lot of clickbaits and a lot of speculations after that. That is true. But I think it's not fair to the 10.000 fans to tell, that was only an eventful tour with a lot of clickbaits.
If they wanted people to know the reason, they'd have said. Anything else is just speculation.

Given that the shows weren't cancelled in 2016 when Joe Perry was hospitalized, I'd be surprised if they cancelled just because of Johnny, whatever the reason, if he was the reason, but maybe the promoter made that call. We have no way of knowing, and it's pretty clear the powers-that-be aren't interested in telling why.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:53 pm

They don't wanted to say the reasons, because it can ruins the career of JD. I can understand it, but if they'd had an acceptable reason to cancel the concert they'd said it. If Joe Perry has some health problems they can do the shows, but everybody knows that here was Johnny Depp the big star. 60% of the crowd only wanted to see him.

And we were there in the hotel and we could speak with some people from the hotel. We met Alice, Tommy, Glen, Joe but nobody saw Johnny.
I know it sounds like only speculations, but if you you were there, you have a different point of view.

My only hope is, that Alice does his solo shows next year without Johnny Depp. I liked the Vampires albums, i liked the concerts (I saw them 4 times), but after that incident I don't really need to see him (live or in his movies) anymore.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:26 pm

From another site I'm on... :rotfl:

Helen Bonham Carter looks like sh*t these days. . . .

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:27 pm

followed by...
"nice to see him at rock star fantasy camp..."

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 am

I think it is highly likely there will be a summer Hollywood Vampires tour in the United States next year. The only thing that may be a stop to that is the Hollywood strike depending on when it is settled. If it gets resolved soon, Depp may have a ton of acting work to do next year to get caught up.