Fashion Flusher

Setlist April 28---spoilers

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:43 am

No More Mr. Nice Guy
I'm Eighteen
Under My Wheels
Bed of Nails
Billion Dollar Babies
Fallen in Love (Preceded by guitar and harmonica solos)
Snakebite (First time live since 1991)
Be My Lover
Lost in America
Hey Stoopid
Drum Solo
Welcome to My Nightmare (First time live since 2017)
Cold Ethyl
Only Women Bleed
Poison
Feed My Frankenstein
Black Widow Jam
Ballad of Dwight Fry
I Love the Dead (Band only)
Escape
School's Out (With Another Brick in the Wall snippet)
Last edited by AlongCameASpider27 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

New Setlist [SPOILERS]

Post by Si » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:45 am

And Elected as encore... you didn't wait long enough ;)

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Re: Setlist April 28

Post by VinceLeeRose » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:53 am

Kind of underwhelming. I understand 70% of the songs “need” to be played, but I definitely would’ve cut Fallen In Love, Escape, Hey Stoopid and Bed of Nails and replaced them with a few songs that haven’t been played in a while. I’d lose Lost in America too. It’s not a mainstay

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: New Setlist [SPOILERS]

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:55 am

Si wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:45 am
I wasn't there I took it from setlist.fm lol

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Setlist April 28---spoilers

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:56 am

I am surprised that Freedom and Rose's are gone...Nita championed for Freedom for years only for Kane to get to do it and then he is now gone...she is back and gone are the 80s songs :(

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Setlist [SPOILERS]

Post by Si » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:57 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:55 am
Si wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:45 am
I wasn't there I took it from setlist.fm lol
I know, I was watching it as well - and had a post ready to go but you beat me too it - as you didn`t wait long enough to cover 6 minutes of SO plus encore break before the last song. :evil:

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:01 am

Definitely looks like he is going back to the old standby setlist. Haven’t seen Alice in a few years but have loved seeing the rarities added since. Looks like my first show back is pretty much going to be the setlist I last saw with Snakebite added in.

mkayers
Trash
Trash

Post by mkayers » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:13 am

Show started with a portion of Lock Me Up which was kind of cool. 30 seconds of Franken Alice and still had the guillotine so nothing really new but video screens. Did see Shep walking up and down the aisle though.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:23 am

Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:56 am
I am surprised that Freedom and Rose's are gone...Nita championed for Freedom for years only for Kane to get to do it and then he is now gone...she is back and gone are the 80s songs :(
Yeah the setlist sucks. Very weird choice of songs. The Motley Crue, Rob Zombie crowd isn't gonna go for that...at all.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:55 am

Boring setlist, get rid of the Black Widow Jam

mkayers
Trash
Trash

Post by mkayers » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:41 pm

This was my 28th Alice show since the first time I seen him on the Special Forces tour. I hate to say it but it was the first time I ever said "Meh" after one. For some reason it just didn't stand out at all to me. I think the stage is kinda hodgepodge, the setlist wasn't great, and I know I'll get blasted for this but it's getting to be like the Alice & Nita show to me. Seems like she's on the video screens 50% of the time. Plus the video overall is just distracting. I don't know, I guess I can't really complain after all these years he's still out rocking it and you can't please everyone. Just the stuff about FrankenAlice & the guillotine being retired & talking about new stuff coming & you get the same things. Oh well..

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:10 pm

The first point to make is that I haven’t seen the new show, I have, however, caught a few videos online, most are very short. The set list posted is not inspired, I accept that the ‘hits’ have to be present, but Lost in America, it is an okay song that works within the Last Temptation album, but live it seems pointless. The addition of Snakebite is fine, but still not essential, I would rather have Wind Up Toy, anyway the songs I would like to see are the deep cuts, but again I accept the tour has to attract the punters and perform songs from DaDa may not cut the ice for some sort of decent financial return that is needed for a tour. The video screens seem effective, and I wonder if with the upcoming gigs with Zombie and Def Leppard/Motley Crue they aim to give people a chance to enjoy Alice’s range of expressions. I do think Alice’s insistence on using the old shtick of making promises of new set pieces in the show is soon found to be overexaggerated and is quickly exposed in these modern times of video phones etc. As I re-read what I have written, I also feel disloyal because as an artist in his live form has always performed to the best of abilities. I do think the Castle show and the Theatre of death show really showed Alice and team giving us an experience no one else does. Looking at the clips online of the new show, I am sure the video screens and new staging wasn’t cheap, it would have been nice for a bit more variation, having said that, if the show ever comes to the UK, I think I will still have a good time!

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:24 am

Intro was great! Unfortunately they forgot to tuen Alice’s mic on until a couple lines in. Snakebite was good…lyrics were a little suspect but you will have that. Setlist was the same as MI.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:47 am

There was also snippets of “ black juju” during glens solo and “ killer” before the head chop..

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:58 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:24 am
Intro was great! Unfortunately they forgot to tuen Alice’s mic on until a couple lines in. Snakebite was good…lyrics were a little suspect but you will have that. Setlist was the same as MI.
Is lock me up actually performed ? Guess that got left off the setlist listing I posted lol how does it sound live

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:00 pm

Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:58 am
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Is lock me up actually performed ? Guess that got left off the setlist listing I posted lol how does it sound live
Yes. They drop the curtain and the band plays the intro. They then drop a banner that shows a newspaper front page showing Alice banned…in our case in Ohio. Alice sneaks behind the banner and they spotlight him. A voice says “Alice Cooper, you have been banned in Ohio for crimes against humanity. How do you plead?”

I’m assuming he replies “Guilty” before coming through the split in the banner but they forgot to turn his mic on until a couple lines into the song. They do Lock Me Up until the first “whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh” and then go right into NMMNG.

It sounds awesome!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:02 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:00 pm
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:58 am
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Yes. They drop the curtain and the band plays the intro. They then drop a banner that shows a newspaper front page showing Alice banned…in our case in Ohio. Alice sneaks behind the banner and they spotlight him. A voice says “Alice Cooper, you have been banned in Ohio for crimes against humanity. How do you plead?”

I’m assuming he replies “Guilty” before coming through the split in the banner but they forgot to turn his mic on until a couple lines into the song. They do Lock Me Up until the first “whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh” and then go right into NMMNG.

It sounds awesome!
I love it! This is the exact lyrics/intro bit I've been suggesting in convos/boards every so often for a while. Can't wait to see it! I always thought the reading of the charges and him coming out at "Guilty!" would make a great start to the show!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:40 pm

Ha! I found my old post. It's from 2008, here on the board.
viewtopic.php?p=104474#p104474

It says:
I think "Lock Me Up" would be awesome. You have your opening act...then the break between.

Then all of a sudden the place goes totally dark and you hear "Alice Cooper..you have been accused of mass mental cruelty...how do you plead?"

On white spotlight on Alice, who yells "Guilty!" Lights go off for just a second, and then the whole stage gets lit up as the band launches into the song.

Man..that'd be cool to see! And actually...would rather tie into ACAS!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:13 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:40 pm

It says:
I think "Lock Me Up" would be awesome. You have your opening act...then the break between.

Then all of a sudden the place goes totally dark and you hear "Alice Cooper..you have been accused of mass mental cruelty...how do you plead?"

On white spotlight on Alice, who yells "Guilty!" Lights go off for just a second, and then the whole stage gets lit up as the band launches into the song.

If you are in the Alice Cooper Army group on FB, I posted Lock Me Up and Snakebite.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:58 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:13 pm
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:40 pm

It says:

If you are in the Alice Cooper Army group on FB, I posted Lock Me Up and Snakebite.
I belong to the AC Army page and I don't see your Lock Me Up or Snakebite song clips....