Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper Setlist/New Tour Comment

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 05, 2023 12:33 pm

Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Wow I'm speechless with that non cutting edge reply, it seems mediocrity is your specialty, I don't need to look "really smart" with people like you on the forums, it just goes without saying...you're really reaching here..it's like a cry for help...do you have a "friend" you can contact? maybe cooperrocks??
You're trying too hard.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri May 05, 2023 12:35 pm

Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:18 pm
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:10 pm
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:52 am
We know Alice's songs better than him? :bam:

How do you know the lyrics "are still a challenge"? When did they start being "a challenge"?
Listen to him sing it live…

As far as knowing the songs better than Alice, it is very common for fans to know an artist’s material better than they do. Fans obsess over it and consume the content over and over again. I highly doubt Alice listens to his albums on repeat. I’m willing to bet every rarity that is added to the set is a learning experience. The videos of Snakebite from this tour shows that practice makes perfect.
Are you talking about Alice changing the lyrics and/or repeating the same verse over?
Both. And mixing up verses.

The man is human. Not a slam at all. I won’t be doing 10% of what he is doing at that age I’m sure. I’m just saying overloading his setlist with unfamiliar songs is unrealistic at this point.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 05, 2023 12:39 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:33 pm
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:23 pm
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:10 pm
As far as knowing the songs better than Alice, it is very common for fans to know an artist’s material better than they do. Fans obsess over it and consume the content over and over again. I highly doubt Alice listens to his albums on repeat. I’m willing to bet every rarity that is added to the set is a learning experience. The videos of Snakebite from this tour shows that practice makes perfect.
Who has to learn lyrics when there are teleprompters on the stage?
Someone who wants to get them right. 😂
While there are Teleprompters on stage, if you watch videos Alice barely ever looks at them.
It's one of those things that if you CAN do it why not. You never know when a singer will get brain freeze for any number of reasons and it can happen to anyone.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 05, 2023 1:18 pm

Si wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:39 pm
While there are Teleprompters on stage, if you watch videos Alice barely ever looks at them.
It's one of those things that if you CAN do it why not. You never know when a singer will get brain freeze for any number of reasons and it can happen to anyone.
There are definitely certain songs where he relies on them more. One that stands out is "Freedom" on the last tour. To be fair, he seems to mostly go off memory after a handful of shows.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Fri May 05, 2023 1:18 pm
There are definitely certain songs where he relies on them more. One that stands out is "Freedom" on the last tour. To be fair, he seems to mostly go off memory after a handful of shows.
Exactly.
As someone who is completely terrible at remembering things like lyrics - I'm surprised more singers aren't glued to the monitors the whole show!

Dazdot
Trash
Trash

Post by Dazdot » Fri May 05, 2023 1:32 pm

Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:54 am
Dazdot wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:09 am
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 5:06 am
So they shouldn't go to the shows because they have an opinion on what they'd like to hear? He's played some songs 1000's of times but if repetition is what your into then hopefully he never changes just for you ::((:
No, they shouldn't go to the shows if they are not happy with what the group play, and they shouldn't go to the shows if they are just going to complain about what is played. All us fans know in the main what is going to be played, why then do people go to the shows and then moan about what has been played? Alice and the group play to the majority, and I'm pretty confident that the majority of fans are not "super fans".

Be happy with what you get. :rock:
Who said anything about being unhappy and who are you to tell anyone who has an opinion...that's O.P.I.N.I.O.N. that they shouldn't go to a show. People "moan" all the time just like you are doing but that doesn't mean that there not entitled to a say in the matter. By your standards everyone should shutup and accept what's dished out to them without question...great way to live..how are you going with that?
The people who are not happy are the ones who go on about "they shouldn't play this, they should play that".
I am not telling anyone to do (or not do) anything, merely stating It's a waste of time complaining about the set list, go and watch the show and then complain about the set list of the next tour/show.
I'm not moaning about anything, merely stating an opinion. And nowhere did I say people aren't allowed a say.
You don't know my standards, and I'm doing great, thanks for asking. :drink:

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri May 05, 2023 6:01 pm

As someone who is completely terrible at remembering things like lyrics - I'm surprised more singers aren't glued to the monitors the whole show!
This always struck me as odd, this to me is like a guitarist having tabs on stage. Ive never understood why singers get a pass for not knowing lyrics hahahaha

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Sat May 06, 2023 9:22 am

Dazdot wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:32 pm
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:54 am
Dazdot wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:09 am

No, they shouldn't go to the shows if they are not happy with what the group play, and they shouldn't go to the shows if they are just going to complain about what is played. All us fans know in the main what is going to be played, why then do people go to the shows and then moan about what has been played? Alice and the group play to the majority, and I'm pretty confident that the majority of fans are not "super fans".

Be happy with what you get. :rock:
Who said anything about being unhappy and who are you to tell anyone who has an opinion...that's O.P.I.N.I.O.N. that they shouldn't go to a show. People "moan" all the time just like you are doing but that doesn't mean that there not entitled to a say in the matter. By your standards everyone should shutup and accept what's dished out to them without question...great way to live..how are you going with that?
The people who are not happy are the ones who go on about "they shouldn't play this, they should play that".
I am not telling anyone to do (or not do) anything, merely stating It's a waste of time complaining about the set list, go and watch the show and then complain about the set list of the next tour/show.
I'm not moaning about anything, merely stating an opinion. And nowhere did I say people aren't allowed a say.
You don't know my standards, and I'm doing great, thanks for asking. :drink:
You said "No, they shouldn't go to the shows if they are not happy with what the group play" that is telling someone what to do...do you not understand that? And it's pleasing to hear that you're doing great.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Sat May 06, 2023 9:28 am

Fri May 05, 2023 12:33 pm
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Wow I'm speechless with that non cutting edge reply, it seems mediocrity is your specialty, I don't need to look "really smart" with people like you on the forums, it just goes without saying...you're really reaching here..it's like a cry for help...do you have a "friend" you can contact? maybe cooperrocks??
You're trying too hard.
Riveting reply, did someone help you with that? I can't imagine you constructing that response alone :rotfl:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 06, 2023 9:35 am

Can we stop with the petty arguing and move on please?

Type-O
Trash
Trash

Post by Type-O » Sat May 06, 2023 3:40 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:10 am
Type-O wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:22 pm
They posted some new live shots on his facebook page and quoted Luney Tune. Which hasn't been played since 1972 I believe. Stop teasing ffs!
I'm dead certain that a Deep Cuts tour would be successful. It doesn't have to be 60 shows, make it 20 and play select venues in select cities. He could even raise the ticket prices to an absurd number and we would still come. Just imaging closing with I Love America rather than School's Out. Sure that would his work day a bit better.
Respectfully, this would do terrible business. Touring only makes financial sense when it is catered for a long run. Doing 20 shows is still a month of hiring a full band and crew. Plus the amount of rehearsal and pre production this would require would be extensive.
I won't go into arguing on this matter. I'll continue to dream on my own and won't bother sharing in the future.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu May 11, 2023 3:43 pm

Type-O wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 3:40 pm
While Heaven Wept wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:10 am
Type-O wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:22 pm
They posted some new live shots on his facebook page and quoted Luney Tune. Which hasn't been played since 1972 I believe. Stop teasing ffs!
I'm dead certain that a Deep Cuts tour would be successful. It doesn't have to be 60 shows, make it 20 and play select venues in select cities. He could even raise the ticket prices to an absurd number and we would still come. Just imaging closing with I Love America rather than School's Out. Sure that would his work day a bit better.
Respectfully, this would do terrible business. Touring only makes financial sense when it is catered for a long run. Doing 20 shows is still a month of hiring a full band and crew. Plus the amount of rehearsal and pre production this would require would be extensive.
I won't go into arguing on this matter. I'll continue to dream on my own and won't bother sharing in the future.
Who's arguing?

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Fri May 12, 2023 6:44 pm

We saw him in Louisville. I loved it. We made a point to go to one of the "Too Close for Comfort" shows for the best experience.

I like the new set. Not as cool as the castle but I thought the video elements added to the show. Funny that it's taken him so long to get back around to that when he experimented with it early on.

As much as I love rarities and stuff from recent albums, Alice did that during the Detroit Muscle tour. He did three or four deep cuts in a row and it literally sent the casual fans streaming out to the bar. It's funny that some people think that's a desirable thing.

People complaining about breaks? The breaks have been around for ages. You're just so jaded that you've become conscious of them. They need to find a new "Halo of Flies." People loved that.

"Lost in America" is a great song and only blasphemers and heretics say otherwise. Alice isn't political but he's topical and it's a brilliant commentary on the state of America. It delivers that with Alice's trademark dark humor so that it never feels preachy.

"Fallen in Love" is one of the best tracks from Paranormal and much catchier than most recent tracks suggested as a replacement.

Given that they have a video graphic for the "Brick in the Wall" segment of Schools Out I think it's going to be here for a while. :D Everyone loved it when he first threw it in. Everyone who is seeing him for the first time in ages at these shared bill shows and festivals will love it. I suspect Alice loves it because he loves name dropping and he loves drawing that connection between himself and other rock icons. Are we really complaining about some of his material being stale and him doing something to freshen it up in the same thread?

If you look at the set list statistics on setlist.fm, only the top ten songs have been played at more than half his shows. That means that the other half have been rotated out at least half the time. This is probably exaggerated by the fact that shorter sets on shared bills are probably almost all standards. My solution is to avoid those shows.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:50 am

Why no songs from the new album? I saw some comments from Nita on her fb account that they would definitely do songs from Road Live but we’re still waiting.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:17 pm

Holly Grail wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:50 am
Why no songs from the new album? I saw some comments from Nita on her fb account that they would definitely do songs from Road Live but we’re still waiting.
I suspect one or two may be thrown in when he is back to doing solo shows in October but with the album unfortunately not doing well, that may be a scratch now too. I will tell you and this is strictly a fan's opinion obviously, but you would think the setlists would kind of adjust to the tour you are doing. For instance, on the Def Leppard tour, a lot of that audience is an 80's pop metal crowd. You would think that is where you put in another song or two from the Trash/Hey Stoopid era and maybe even Constrictor/RYFAY (bringing Freedom back for that type of tour I think would get a good response). With the Rob Zombie tour and also Filter and Ministry as part of that tour, doing some Brutal Planet/Dragontown songs would go over well with that audience. And then obviously with the solo Alice shows, a setlist similar to what he is doing now makes the most sense.

I will say this, if there are no plans to play anything new on the upcoming solo shows for this year, there doesn't seem to be much of a point at least in terms of promoting the new album to wait until next year.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:04 am

comedian Don Jamieson said in one of the latest episodes on That Rocks (https://www.youtube.com/@THATRocks)
that he had spoken to the band recently, on one of the co-headline dates, and they said some of the new songs were rehearsed and ready to go when it's Alice headlining in october.

Fingers crossed

as always, and as evident with both Paris 2017 and Hellfest 22 - I hope they do another concert film sooner rather than later, and that new songs from Road are featured in the set

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:09 pm

Yeah i was disapointed when i saw the setlist online, but i did hope he would properly tour the album when he is heading - he really should play at least 4 tracks from this one:
Welcome to the show (first obviously)
Dead Dont dance and the big goodbye (somewhere in the middle of the set)
and either white line Frankenstein (because it absolutely rocks) or Go Away (because it rocks but the solos -especially nitas- absolutely rip)

I could easily slip those into a setlist that is still "hit" heavy. come on Alice properly tour an album for a change

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:22 pm

alicefannor wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:04 am
they said some of the new songs were rehearsed and ready to go when it's Alice headlining in october.

as always, and as evident with both Paris 2017 and Hellfest 22 - I hope they do another concert film sooner rather than later, and that new songs from Road are featured in the set
Total agreement with you about the concert dvds. I'm not a fan of the new album, but I'm confident that some the songs will sound great live so it's nice to hear they are going to be included in future sets.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:08 am

I thought go man go at hellfest is brilliant, absolutely rips in my opinion.
I need to hear some of the new songs live and the more concert films we get the better.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:25 am

They debuted Welcome to the Show tonight in St. Augustine
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"