For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dazdot
Trash
Trash

Re: Alice Cooper Setlist/New Tour Comment

Post by Dazdot » Thu May 04, 2023 5:18 pm

All those posters that bang on about what he should or shouldn't play, should either not go to the shows or think themselves lucky that their "hero" is still playing at all at his tender age.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu May 04, 2023 6:59 pm

Agree. The energy he brings makes it sound fresh again anyway. And the band is top notch

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 04, 2023 9:48 pm

Miller wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:19 am
And: "Too band focused for me. They sound great but there’s a guitar solo, drum solo and two parts where the band is jamming. Would rather hear another song or two."
He's never done this before. :eye roll:

Let's see what you're up to when you're 75.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 04, 2023 9:50 pm

SickThings wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:36 pm
Miller wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:02 pm
I don't know why he stills has to mash Schools Out and Another Brick In The Wall.
Because he enjoys it? Because the crowd loves it? Because the crowd loves to sing along with it, and he enjoys that? Probably all of those.
It's perfect and everyone loves it except this one complainer.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Fri May 05, 2023 12:56 am

There is a video up on youtube of the entire show from Ft Wayne, IN 5/2/23. it clocks in at 1hr 34mins. To me that's a pretty good length of a show for someone who is 75. There will always be complainers though no matter what. Be happy we still have him making music and touring as it could have ended in the early 80s.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri May 05, 2023 2:50 am

While I would love to hear a slew of deep cuts in the setlist, lets face it, we probably know many of the songs better than Alice does at this point. A song we have listened to for decades may be one he hasn’t thought about in the same amount of time. That he takes the effort to work a song or two that has never been done live, or at least not done in 20 years is really a gift to the fans. While I may have been a little more critical 15-20 years ago, at 75 we are lucky he is touring at all.

And lets face it, after singing it 100,000 times, the lyrics to B$B are still a challenge. Lets not ask him to relearn too many other songs at once.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri May 05, 2023 3:56 am

That was a Spinal Tap moment at the beginning of that Fort Wayne show 🫣

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 4:43 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:50 pm
SickThings wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:36 pm
Miller wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:02 pm
I don't know why he stills has to mash Schools Out and Another Brick In The Wall.
Because he enjoys it? Because the crowd loves it? Because the crowd loves to sing along with it, and he enjoys that? Probably all of those.
It's perfect and everyone loves it except this one complainer.
So not everyone

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 4:52 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:50 am
While I would love to hear a slew of deep cuts in the setlist, lets face it, we probably know many of the songs better than Alice does at this point.
We know Alice's songs better than him? :bam:
And lets face it, after singing it 100,000 times, the lyrics to B$B are still a challenge. Lets not ask him to relearn too many other songs at once.
How do you know the lyrics "are still a challenge"? When did they start being "a challenge"?

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 5:06 am

Dazdot wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:18 pm
All those posters that bang on about what he should or shouldn't play, should either not go to the shows or think themselves lucky that their "hero" is still playing at all at his tender age.
So they shouldn't go to the shows because they have an opinion on what they'd like to hear? He's played some songs 1000's of times but if repetition is what your into then hopefully he never changes just for you ::((:

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 am

Thu May 04, 2023 9:48 pm
Miller wrote:
And: "Too band focused for me. They sound great but there’s a guitar solo, drum solo and two parts where the band is jamming. Would rather hear another song or two."
Great observation :bam: , obviously no one was saying he hasn't. That was just a review from a fan who attended the Ft Wayne show. If you have an issue with what they said take it up with them, they're in the FB Alice Cooper Army group, only 26,309 members so it shouldn't take you that long. I'd love to give you the name but it seems to me [and others] that you desperately need something to do.
Probably answering some stupid post *brick* I suppose you've given up all hope of reaching 75 yourself

Dazdot
Trash
Trash

Post by Dazdot » Fri May 05, 2023 7:09 am

Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 5:06 am
Dazdot wrote:
So they shouldn't go to the shows because they have an opinion on what they'd like to hear? He's played some songs 1000's of times but if repetition is what your into then hopefully he never changes just for you ::((:
No, they shouldn't go to the shows if they are not happy with what the group play, and they shouldn't go to the shows if they are just going to complain about what is played. All us fans know in the main what is going to be played, why then do people go to the shows and then moan about what has been played? Alice and the group play to the majority, and I'm pretty confident that the majority of fans are not "super fans".

Be happy with what you get. :rock:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri May 05, 2023 10:10 am

Type-O wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:22 pm
They posted some new live shots on his facebook page and quoted Luney Tune. Which hasn't been played since 1972 I believe. Stop teasing ffs!
I'm dead certain that a Deep Cuts tour would be successful. It doesn't have to be 60 shows, make it 20 and play select venues in select cities. He could even raise the ticket prices to an absurd number and we would still come. Just imaging closing with I Love America rather than School's Out. Sure that would his work day a bit better.
Respectfully, this would do terrible business. Touring only makes financial sense when it is catered for a long run. Doing 20 shows is still a month of hiring a full band and crew. Plus the amount of rehearsal and pre production this would require would be extensive.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 05, 2023 11:50 am

Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 am
Miller wrote:
Great observation :bam: , obviously no one was saying he hasn't. That was just a review from a fan who attended the Ft Wayne show. If you have an issue with what they said take it up with them, they're in the FB Alice Cooper Army group, only 26,309 members so it shouldn't take you that long. I'd love to give you the name but it seems to me [and others] that you desperately need something to do.
Probably answering some stupid post *brick* I suppose you've given up all hope of reaching 75 yourself
Someday you'll learn the quote feature and then you'll look really smart.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 11:54 am

Dazdot wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:09 am
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 5:06 am
Dazdot wrote:
No, they shouldn't go to the shows if they are not happy with what the group play, and they shouldn't go to the shows if they are just going to complain about what is played. All us fans know in the main what is going to be played, why then do people go to the shows and then moan about what has been played? Alice and the group play to the majority, and I'm pretty confident that the majority of fans are not "super fans".

Be happy with what you get. :rock:
Who said anything about being unhappy and who are you to tell anyone who has an opinion...that's O.P.I.N.I.O.N. that they shouldn't go to a show. People "moan" all the time just like you are doing but that doesn't mean that there not entitled to a say in the matter. By your standards everyone should shutup and accept what's dished out to them without question...great way to live..how are you going with that?

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Fri May 05, 2023 11:50 am
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 am

Someday you'll learn the quote feature and then you'll look really smart.
Wow I'm speechless with that non cutting edge reply, it seems mediocrity is your specialty, I don't need to look "really smart" with people like you on the forums, it just goes without saying...you're really reaching here..it's like a cry for help...do you have a "friend" you can contact? maybe cooperrocks??

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri May 05, 2023 12:10 pm

Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:52 am
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
While I would love to hear a slew of deep cuts in the setlist, lets face it, we probably know many of the songs better than Alice does at this point.
How do you know the lyrics "are still a challenge"? When did they start being "a challenge"?
Listen to him sing it live…

As far as knowing the songs better than Alice, it is very common for fans to know an artist’s material better than they do. Fans obsess over it and consume the content over and over again. I highly doubt Alice listens to his albums on repeat. I’m willing to bet every rarity that is added to the set is a learning experience. The videos of Snakebite from this tour shows that practice makes perfect.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri May 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:10 pm
Miller wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:52 am
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Listen to him sing it live…

As far as knowing the songs better than Alice, it is very common for fans to know an artist’s material better than they do. Fans obsess over it and consume the content over and over again. I highly doubt Alice listens to his albums on repeat. I’m willing to bet every rarity that is added to the set is a learning experience. The videos of Snakebite from this tour shows that practice makes perfect.
Are you talking about Alice changing the lyrics and/or repeating the same verse over?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 05, 2023 12:23 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Who has to learn lyrics when there are teleprompters on the stage?

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri May 05, 2023 12:33 pm

Fri May 05, 2023 12:23 pm
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
Who has to learn lyrics when there are teleprompters on the stage?
Someone who wants to get them right. 😂