For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Road Album

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:17 am

Sorry if anyone has mentioned this already.

Nita and Tommy have posted a few instagram videos and stories about the new album. Apparently the Road concept Alice talked about In the Trenches is really being used, as recordings are being made on the bus between cities.

:clap:
If you're a chicken, you ain't nothing but a lousy chicken

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Road Album

Post by revinkevin » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:59 pm

That is excellent news.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:37 pm

I will be looking forward to this. Making an album when touring has potential to lead to a proper old fashioned band album, instead of everyone recording their tracks in different studios around the world with little input from each other. Hopefully they have good songs to record, too.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 pm

What a very "Detroit" thing to do. As much as I love studio polish, I'd love to hear something totally raw from the touring band and Alice. I would pay up for an EP or bonus cuts.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:20 pm

Delighted to hear this. Hope it all comes to fruition.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 am

I've been following their posts. Oh How I wish for everything to work!

Does anyone know a big artist who wants to hire Ezrin away from the Cooper Band before he brings other guys to pitch songs for Alice?

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 am
I've been following their posts. Oh How I wish for everything to work!

Does anyone know a big artist who wants to hire Ezrin away from the Cooper Band before he brings other guys to pitch songs for Alice?

I don’t mind Ezrin producing but I agree leave the outside songwriters and studio musicians away from this project. I’ve seen what Ezrin has done for Deep Purple the last few years and I think he’s been a real shot in the arm for them. But he doesn’t bring in outside talent for them. Just seems to bring out the best in them. Hope he can do it with Coop and band or let Tommy handle the production.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 am

ROAD KILL!
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:14 am

padre_sliprat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 am
ROAD KILL!

ROAD RATS!
Time is getting closer

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:38 pm

Gilles27 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:14 am
padre_sliprat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 am
ROAD KILL!

ROAD RATS!
What the Hell! :devil:
This Touring Band can Kill that tune!! WTF not!!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 pm

It seems everyone's in Nashville to record now, great news! :rock:

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 pm

I was uncertain whether or not this idea would actually happen, so I'm extremely excited that they're recording now. As a metal guy, I cannot wait to hear what Nita does on this record. Even aside from her, the entire band is great, and I think they'll produce one of Alice's best albums in decades (and I like a lot of his recent work!).

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:46 am

The current band is my favorite lineup of Alice's career so I am excited about this. But what I am hoping for is the band members are truly allowed to shine and not held back. I would love to hear some of the heaviness of Beasto Blanco that Chuck loves, lots of shredding by Nita, and the catchy choruses Ryan brings. Let them all play to their strengths and go a little bit heavier with this album.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:55 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:46 am
The current band is my favorite lineup of Alice's career so I am excited about this. But what I am hoping for is the band members are truly allowed to shine and not held back. I would love to hear some of the heaviness of Beasto Blanco that Chuck loves, lots of shredding by Nita, and the catchy choruses Ryan brings. Let them all play to their strengths and go a little bit heavier with this album.
What he said.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:26 pm

I think Tommy will be heavily involved with most of the songs, and will work with the others to shape their ideas into the music we'll get. Just a feeling I have based on him having a lot of credits on the last few AC / HV albums. I think Alice and Bob would trust him to put a lot of the pieces together.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:15 pm

lordcatfish wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:26 pm
I think Tommy will be heavily involved with most of the songs, and will work with the others to shape their ideas into the music we'll get. Just a feeling I have based on him having a lot of credits on the last few AC / HV albums. I think Alice and Bob would trust him to put a lot of the pieces together.
This does seem to be the case for what they posted on instagram. With a lot of help from Nita, she appears to be involved in sound engineering and recording.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:44 am

They are not my favorite band but they are very good and i agree with everything you say. Heavy, technical/shredding etc and melodic hooks. boom! im in for that!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm

I guess what I am saying is I am very excited about this project but I have this fear of Bob Ezrin basically saying this is the type of album you need to make and restricting the current band from truly being themselves. It would be great to have the band members write what they want without many restrictions etc. If it has heavy songs GREAT, if it has lots of shredding GREAT, if it has Ryan Roxie's love of glam on it, GREAT! I am just hoping for it to be an opportunity where the band is let loose to create something special.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:45 am

cooperrocks wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm
I guess what I am saying is I am very excited about this project but I have this fear of Bob Ezrin basically saying this is the type of album you need to make and restricting the current band from truly being themselves. It would be great to have the band members write what they want without many restrictions etc. If it has heavy songs GREAT, if it has lots of shredding GREAT, if it has Ryan Roxie's love of glam on it, GREAT! I am just hoping for it to be an opportunity where the band is let loose to create something special.
Input from all current (& past members) would/could be key to a successful release.
A left turn (or 2) should not be unwelcome. Just Rock Out!!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:20 pm

New interview that suggests there is another album being worked on in addition to The Road (which was not mentioned by name in the article, but it does suggest it's coming this year): https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alice ... ck-albums/
"I'm working on two albums right now, actually — two studio albums," he said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). "And all I can say is that one is written — totally written — and we'll be doing bed tracks for that one pretty soon. And then the other one is just a touch in the future, but that's being written right now too. They're two entirely different kinds of albums, but they're Alice Cooper pure rock and roll albums. The two albums will really be hard rock albums."