For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Alice/Ace at Gilford NH 9/18/21-Possible spoilers

Post by tuneylune » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Despite the aggravation at trying to get tickets and LiveNation's all but extortionary added fees, very enjoyable show last night. Lovely night, nice relaxed Audience vibe (maybe helped by the pungent weed I kept smelling-and seeing a joint passed down the row in front of us) and performances by two long time favorites.

Ace had a great opening with a tape of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" followed by "Rocket Ride" and "Parasite" which was awesome. Had a good band which helped, because honestly, Ace hasn't really developed as a musician, despite how cool his vibrato is. Also, He only played about 8 songs, a couple in medley form with only one new song in a said medley. Heavy on KISS material, as You could imagine, but odd to Me that He would play songs that wren't written by him. Honestly, do we need to hear "Detroit, Rock City", "Strutter" or "Deuce" when We could hear "Rock Soldiers", "Hard Times", "Rip It Out" or "Strange Ways"? Despite this, He sounded fine and appeared very happy to be performing again.

Was a little concerned that Alice would do a virtual repeat of his last show here (8/2019) as first three songs as last time and same towards the end. However, some new stage moves, that wonderful Haunted House set and some new tunes that sounded fantastic and also the digging out of a much requested STUK recommendation with a pretty neat and funny guest appearance. The band was fantastic with all of them looking pleased as punch to be performing, especially Nita who was almost manic in her happiness. Ryan excelled on "My Stars" and "I'm Eighteen"-very GB-and Tommy continues to impress with some solid lead playing. Chuck was Rock steady as usual while Glen bashed away with panache. Good to see Sheryl again, although not sure what she was supposed to be towards the end-a Dowager or a nanny?

As for :alice: ? While his recorded work has been spotty at times and I'm sure He's tired of playing the "expecteds", I must say the Man never stops moving and very energetic for a 73 year old. "Poison" was better than it has been and "Billion Dollar Babies" with the truly over the top appearance by a certain large individual. It did seem odd to open with "Feed My Frankenstein"-think "Hello Hurray" might have worked better considering the length of time between shows-and don't see the reasoning to use the same "prop" towards the end of the set for "Teenage Frankenstein". Minor quibbles aside, good performance by an artist that is all but guaranteed to deliver such, night after night :clap: .
"I need everything the world owes me..."

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice/Ace at Gilford NH 9/18/21-Possible spoilers

Post by patrick » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:08 pm

been looking at some clips :glad that Social Debris is played , be it with a different guitar solo compared to the one by Steven Crayn
you really wouldn't understand..