For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: 2022 Tour with the Cult

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:22 pm

Just went with the SSE presale after all, towards the very back of section 4. I've been up close enough times to have had enough of this chase for a better ticket.

Looking at some Youtube footage again, the stalls are all pretty good anyway, considering it's a soulless big space.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:24 pm

rgallie wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:10 pm
My mate just asked...What do you need for that, "proof of vaccine or lateral flow test or both"....something to think about that MIGHT be needed as it never even crossed my mind when booking
The rules that start on October 1st will require a vaccine passport, to prove you've had two jags. We have to hope the necessity for such things will have passed by May next year. And that the world will be a better, brighter, happier place!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:53 pm

rgallie wrote:
My mate just asked...What do you need for that, "proof of vaccine or lateral flow test or both"....something to think about that will likely be needed as it never even crossed my mind when booking, although I have both jabs anyway
No real point in worrying about it. Rules will change a dozen times before next May haha

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:27 pm

i believe you can get a vaccine validation thing from the NHS site using your NHS number, but don't quote me. as Si says, things may well change, for the better or the worse. i'm going to hold off and try and get an upgrade later if i can spare the money - would be far cheaper to try and meet him at the LFCC if he's still going to attend there, so maybe that's another option.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:24 pm
rgallie wrote:
My mate just asked...What do you need for that, "proof of vaccine or lateral flow test or both"....something to think about that MIGHT be needed as it never even crossed my mind when booking
The rules that start on October 1st will require a vaccine passport, to prove you've had two jags. We have to hope the necessity for such things will have passed by May next year. And that the world will be a better, brighter, happier place!
Not that i’d trust Boris, but vaccine passports in England at present aren’t going ahead on October 1st. Scotland on the other hand and Wee Jimmy Krankie, do like to do things differently, so unless Sturgeon has a frontal lobotomy, she will still be locking everyone down come May 2022, and so probably will that SAGE puppet Johnson! And then there’s Drakeford to contend with for the Swansea gig! Don’t bank on any tour going ahead, all the time these muppets are running the Disunited Kingdom!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:51 am

well, i blinked first. Block 1 for SSE, seat 1 of a row so it's pretty central anyway. had a right eff-around getting a ticket last time, what w/ it saying i couldn't buy only one seat etc etc, so i'm okay w/ what i got.
KW
/X\oo/X\

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 am

I'm in that block, a few rows back presumably as i needed 4 seats together, hoping that the amps are far enough back not to obscure much. Could not see the guillotine in Aberdeen, had to take a walk to see it

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Bloody Hell! Talk about short notice! We usually get a few days before the presale goes live and even that was a hassle to find!

Managed to get floor-standing tickets for Swansea Arena and keeping an eye out for London Tickets as well. I know there's ASX presale and General Sale on Friday, any other presale I should be aware of? I'm not a customer of o2 UK so that's priority out the window.

On ASX there are a few A1 and A3 block seats available. I wonder should I nab them or wait for general sale and try and get A2 block (more central)?

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 pm

Best I can get is 2 seats near the front of Block 2, which is off to the side, at the SSE in Glasgow. But seats look like they should have a clear view of the Stage.
Last time saw him in Aberdeen, we were in row 2 and could stand right at the front. And I caught his white cane :-)

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:13 pm

I wonder who the special guests are and if Alice and The Cult play in the same order each night or alternate?

Never been to a co-headline

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:23 am

had another look, since an SSE Rewards mail finally turned up at last minute. as seems to be the way these days, effing joke. firstly, my SSE Rewards login now asks for my account number. i'm not w/ SEE, i just have a rewards account for the venue, which now seems to be worthless unless i happen to change my power supplier.
secondly, i had a look at Manchester, two long trips on consecutive days is not what i really want, but it's a moot point as the only option i'm repeatedly getting is in block 115, right off to one side.

last time, i missed on presales etc due to idiotic not-leving-one-seat-empty rules etc, but got a good ticket weeks later when another tranche was released, so i'll have another mooch around in coming weeks.

have to say, having to go through this **** for certain big names really takes the shine of the joy of a new tour announcement. contrast getting a ticket for The Rumjacks at a local small venue; click, click bang, ticket. no effing about or getting shafted for idiot "service" charges.

EDIT: didn't twig it was both PLUS support?! hope that doesn't mean short sets, had that the last time FLlogging Molly came around, extremely annoying; wait years for a band then get a short set.
KW
/X\oo/X\

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:26 am

It is a joke! Living near Birmingham, it's my logical concert but the tickets on offer for the pre-sale are always rubbish!

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 am

Does anybody else feel the UK tour path this year is a bit all over the map?

I wonder what the odds are of Alice returning to the UK at the end of the year, as a solo headlner?

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:59 am

Not rushing this time as always seen better tickets available after I grab mine early. Really not comfortable with the Cult as co-headliners and will be sick if Alice goes on first. Just can't see how that would work based on the Cult's much smaller following in the UK.

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:00 am

We got block A row J, £80 each. Manchester.
Time is getting closer

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:31 am

^ tempted me to retry but every time i use the sickthings code i get the same 115 block at Manch, virtually the same seat, IIRC.
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:34 am

del wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:59 am
Not rushing this time as always seen better tickets available after I grab mine early. Really not comfortable with the Cult as co-headliners and will be sick if Alice goes on first. Just can't see how that would work based on the Cult's much smaller following in the UK.
well, early to home if he does! was the one benefit of Manson going on before rob zombie when i saw them, got to beat all the car park rush. the only aspect that bothers me is the fact it might mean a cut set, or theatrics. after the success of the album and recent visibility i really, REALLY don't see why Coop is co-headlining or sharing w/ another support act. i can only imagine there's some backdoor dealing or politics going on behind the scenes w/ promoters etc.
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 am

killer wolf wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:34 am
del wrote:
well, early to home if he does! was the one benefit of Manson going on before rob zombie when i saw them, got to beat all the car park rush. the only aspect that bothers me is the fact it might mean a cut set, or theatrics. after the success of the album and recent visibility i really, REALLY don't see why Coop is co-headlining or sharing w/ another support act. i can only imagine there's some backdoor dealing or politics going on behind the scenes w/ promoters etc.
EDIT - have to saw, having seen Coop as an opening act on the Crue tour, anyone willingly letting him go on before them is making a massive rod for their own back! :-D
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:37 am

killer wolf wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 am
del wrote:
EDIT - have to saw, having seen Coop as an opening act on the Crue tour, anyone willingly letting him go on before them is making a massive rod for their own back! :-D
sorry, effed up the edit somehow!
KW
/X\oo/X\

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:27 pm

del wrote:
This is rather interesting to see Alice fans not entirely keen on The Cult. Out of interest I had a look at The Cult's social media and there were a lot of vibes from their fans that weren't keen on Alice. Alice is my number 1 but I also really like the Cult so presumed it was a good co-headlining gig.
Suggestions of a mis-match isn't a good sign, especially with the £85 tickets. I seem to recall last tour tickets for Alice were being priced around £65 after all of the fees. I've no doubt the hardcores will stump up the extra cash to see the tour but for the casuals who don't like the Cult and Cult fans that aren't keen on Alice it may be one that is swerved.
I used to enjoy taking in every Alice show when he came to the UK, but with the added hassle of getting half decent seats I can't justify forking out hundreds on average view seats.
The other thing I don't understand is the 'Plus Guests'. Surely The Cult will be on around half 7, finish at 9. Alice on at half 9, finish at 11. What time are the doors opening up to have support acts?