For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 2022 Tour with the Cult

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 pm

i've seen triple bills before, if i recall correctly Flogging Molly barely played an hour >:-(
Alice was going to do a triple bill w/ Twisted Sister and someone else until TS kicked them off to do a proper set/double-bill, will just have to hope somewhere along the line this tour will do the same, unless they plan to open the doors at 5PM!
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:27 pm
This is rather interesting to see Alice fans not entirely keen on The Cult. Out of interest I had a look at The Cult's social media and there were a lot of vibes from their fans that weren't keen on Alice. Alice is my number 1 but I also really like the Cult so presumed it was a good co-headlining gig.
Suggestions of a mis-match isn't a good sign, especially with the £85 tickets. I seem to recall last tour tickets for Alice were being priced around £65 after all of the fees. I've no doubt the hardcores will stump up the extra cash to see the tour but for the casuals who don't like the Cult and Cult fans that aren't keen on Alice it may be one that is swerved.
I used to enjoy taking in every Alice show when he came to the UK, but with the added hassle of getting half decent seats I can't justify forking out hundreds on average view seats.
The other thing I don't understand is the 'Plus Guests'. Surely The Cult will be on around half 7, finish at 9. Alice on at half 9, finish at 11. What time are the doors opening up to have support acts?
Taking this one stage at a time.

I don`t think it's that strange Cult vs AC. Most fans of one probably won`t have seen the other (musically they aren`t completely incompatible), and the hardcore fans just find it annoying to have to sit through ANY other band before their band. I have nothing against the Cult, they have some good tunes, but personally I wouldn`t want of sit through 90 minutes of them waiting for Alice. I don't generally care who opens the show. I'm paying to see AC and so The Cult on the bill is costing me MORE to see AC. Such is life nowadays. The other view of course is that for many they are paying a little more to see TWO top end artists... so for the majority this is a win.
You're right that having The Cult on the bill makes getting tickets harder, but as you say there's nothing decent available at face value anyway, on either bands presales or the venue ones, so how much difference that has made I don`t know.

The opening band is probably primarily there so the Cult (or AC) don't go on stage to a completely cold audience. It gives the punters time to find their seats, get a drink, and makes a buffer between doors opening and them hitting the stage (and avoids the perception they are the openers, assuming they go on before AC).

I'd say your stage times are approx correct. Maybe a slightly shorter changeover (20 minutes). Doors will probably open around 6-6.30 leaving plenty of time for a 30min opening set. We've had three or even four bands in the past in the UK and it rarely effects Alice onstage times that much.

One thing that has just occurred to me. In this time of covid what would happen if one band went down and had to cancel... Would the other band play anyway and would we get a full refund based on the fact we only wanted to see that act in the first place? Hoping that never happens of course.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 pm
i've seen triple bills before, if i recall correctly Flogging Molly barely played an hour >:-(
Alice was going to do a triple bill w/ Twisted Sister and someone else until TS kicked them off to do a proper set/double-bill, will just have to hope somewhere along the line this tour will do the same, unless they plan to open the doors at 5PM!
From memory TS did an hour, which is normal for a special guest slot of their status (Dio was similar). They were never co-headliners or equal billing. TS wouldn't have had the power to "kick off" another band. Wasn't their tour. They could have asked to have a longer set and got it of course.

In 2002 we had FOUR bands (AC, Thunder, Quireboys, Dogs D'Amour) and they made that work, and numerous times more recently we've had three (MC50/Stranglers, Tubes/Mission etc) so no real reason why three is any harder. Cult get longer and the opener gets 30 minutes. And yes, they just opened the doors earlier to accommodate it all. Simple.

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:16 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:31 am
^ tempted me to retry but every time i use the sickthings code i get the same 115 block at Manch, virtually the same seat, IIRC.
It was my mate who snagged the tickets using a venue pre-sale link. He was getting the block 115 before.
Time is getting closer

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 pm

just tried Viagogo, same **** ~ try 1 ticket, "nothing available", try 2 tickets, you can get block A Row C ~ not that i would, they're asking £186!!!
KW
/X\oo/X\

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Ahhh seats.
My favorite thing in the world.
Why do we keep having bloomin' seats!?

Still i like the cult well enough, i will be ok with them. The tickets are getting crazy prices now though.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:37 am

I've got some tickets I'm fairly happy with for one of the shows. Thats me done for the tour! That many different VIP ticket options its ridiculous.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:39 am

yet again, only 115 for Manch, either as "best available" or P1. think i can take a hint, lol, i'll wait to see if there's any new dates including my home town instead.
KW
/X\oo/X\

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 am

steven_crayn wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm
VinceRaven wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:24 pm
rgallie wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:10 pm
My mate just asked...What do you need for that, "proof of vaccine or lateral flow test or both"....something to think about that MIGHT be needed as it never even crossed my mind when booking
The rules that start on October 1st will require a vaccine passport, to prove you've had two jags. We have to hope the necessity for such things will have passed by May next year. And that the world will be a better, brighter, happier place!
Not that i’d trust Boris, but vaccine passports in England at present aren’t going ahead on October 1st. Scotland on the other hand and Wee Jimmy Krankie, do like to do things differently, so unless Sturgeon has a frontal lobotomy, she may decide to lock everyone down come May 2022, and so could that SAGE puppet Johnson! And then there’s Drakeford to contend with for the Swansea gig! Don’t bank on any tour going ahead, all the time these muppets are running the Disunited Kingdom!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Just seen a photo of a european ticket. It says "Detroit Muscle" on the ticket. Are we in for a switch of theme/show after the US tour?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:57 pm

rgallie wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:45 pm
Just seen a photo of a european ticket. It says "Detroit Muscle" on the ticket. Are we in for a switch of theme/show after the US tour?
US shows are under the same banner.

Phil1985
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil1985 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:13 pm

Just to say that I have just been to the box office at the Manchester arena, it’s only open these days during an actual event and McFly are on tonight (if you can contain your excitement!!) so, I ventured down and booked my tickets for Alice, plenty available, even floor seating.
Plenty to be said for going in person rather than booking things online.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:29 pm

thanks for the heads-up, got row A in BLock E. GOing to be a bit of a haul travelling to Manch and back then Glasgow the next day, but i feel the opportunities to see Alice live are fast dwindling.
KW
/X\oo/X\

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:06 pm

I see the tour merch includes signed vinyls, hope they are still being sold for the UK dates

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 am

killer wolf wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:29 pm
i feel the opportunities to see Alice live are fast dwindling.
Yep, although I remember thinking the same thing when he toured in 1986 (see my profile pic) - and every tour since!
Time is getting closer

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:16 am

I know we are still months away from the UK gigs but I’ve been having a look at ticket availability and it’s clear that ticket sales are way slower than the last UK visit. Several factors at play with Covid probably the major one but there will need to be a change to get the numbers up or it’s going to be a relatively quiet night in Glasgow.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:39 am

del wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:16 am
I know we are still months away from the UK gigs but I’ve been having a look at ticket availability and it’s clear that ticket sales are way slower than the last UK visit. Several factors at play with Covid probably the major one but there will need to be a change to get the numbers up or it’s going to be a relatively quiet night in Glasgow.
When the tour dates were announced Omicron hadn't been reported. Masking & other protocols are tamping sales down. One's that would get a pre-sale are waiting for the best price.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:51 am

Totally agree but I'm still not sure about the billing, who will be on first, the price, the sheer number of competing gigs which have stacked up etc. Assuming we loosen restrictions again soon there will need to be a real push to get the punters out in force.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 pm

Bugger i had forgotten the cult are on the bill. I am getting old, i hope Alice is on first so i can get an earlier nights sleep :rotfl:

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 am

rgallie wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 pm
Bugger i had forgotten the cult are on the bill. I am getting old, i hope Alice is on first so i can get an earlier nights sleep :rotfl:
I'd take The Cult over Buck Cherry. :8): BC is ok from what I've heard but, would've preferred Ace. :alice:
Really, do you think they'll flip a coin over this? (See Twitter feed)
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...