For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Meet and greets cancelled

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Sooooo just got word (and a refund) that the meet and greets have been cancelled. Which sucks, I've wanted to do this for years but haven't had the disposable income until now...

So they automatically downgrade the ticket to the "Alice Cooper Merchandise VIP" package but I can request an additional refund to take it down to the price of a ticket. It doesn't say what exactly comes in the package... In the past what has been the merchandise? I still plan to go, just wondering if I should get the additional refund or not...

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Meet and greets cancelled

Post by SickThings » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:58 pm

I understand the disappointment, but if they're going to insist on going ahead with the tour, I think this is the best thing.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Anything less than offering a full refund isn't really acceptable. They should at least offer that.

To be honest, I'd rather they just push the tour back until Spring. It's risky and I don't really want to attend any of the three shows I purchased under the assumption we'd be in a better place come fall.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:20 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:09 pm
Anything less than offering a full refund isn't really acceptable. They should at least offer that.
I believe there are three refund options, a full refund obviously being one of them.
To be honest, I'd rather they just push the tour back until Spring. It's risky and I don't really want to attend any of the three shows I purchased under the assumption we'd be in a better place come fall.
I agree. I'm expecting it to happen to be honest, but we'll see.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:30 pm

I haven't actually received any notification yet about the m&g I purchased for Dayton, Ohio on Sept 28th.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:33 pm

M&Gs may be canceled, but he just added an instore signing :/

https://imgur.com/Vu906h4

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:39 pm

I assume he'll be at a large table behind plexiglass (for whatever good that'll do, which probably isn't much). That's how some of the conventions were done.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Tickets are $25, which includes Detroit Stories, which is quite a bargain.

From the ticket website:
Please Note: Alice Cooper will ONLY sign copies of "Detroit Stories" and a ticket MUST be purchased to participate in the signing event. Due to time constraints, there will be NO PHOTOS (selfies, posed, etc) permitted with Alice .

This is a Socially Distanced event and a Mask is required upon entry of the building to protect the health & safety of the artist, staff & fellow attendees. If you are experiencing a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees or any other symptoms of Covid-19 please stay home.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:45 pm

I don't doubt any of that... not good optics though.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:17 pm

Full refund is an option but I want to at least go to the show as I am front row. They just automatically refunded me the difference between meet and greet and the Merchandise VIP package, if I want additional refunds I have to contact them.

The show I'm going to (Utica) just announced that they are going to require proof of vaccination and if you are not vaccinated you'll have to wear a mask at all times. I don't know how they can really enforce it but makes me a little less trepidatious. When I bought the tickets covid rates were so low and I was hoping that would continue.... But clearly it did not. I assumed they would be canceling the meet and greets or having us do a masked and distant one.

The email does say that they are already scheduling dates in 2022 and hopefully meet and greets will be a part of those shows.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:26 pm

I agree the optics are less than optimal, but they're still trying to balance making some money with safety. A signing will be in a controlled environment. VIP M&Gs with people who are used to hugging Alice, mugging for photos, etc, would have been much hard to control, even if you establish rules.

As Kyler had posted on Facebook recently, there already weren't going to be any non-VIP M&Gs this tour, which I was glad to hear. The band and crew won't be hanging out with people, either, from what I've gleaned, which is also good, if they're going to insist on touring.

Lots of concert tours are being cancelled every day.... Pixies, BTS, Alan Parsons, Garth Brooks, and lots more, plus a lot of shows cancelled by others.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... ta-variant

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:02 pm

sammysausage76 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:17 pm
Full refund is an option but I want to at least go to the show as I am front row. They just automatically refunded me the difference between meet and greet and the Merchandise VIP package, if I want additional refunds I have to contact them.
I'm in an odd spot because this m&g show was part of a two show trip for me.... Dayton and Indy. I purchased another expensive non-m&g ticket for Indy so it's kind of all or nothing for me as I'd have to eat my $250 Indy ticket if I get a refund on Dayton.

I splurged on this tour like I usually don't do.... silly me. I learned my lesson though and won't buy advanced tickets the next time it looks like the pandemic is in the rear view mirror. I'll buy last minute instead.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:26 am

Yeah, I usually get tickets to multiple shows and sometimes do a trip to one... This time I decided to get meet and greets. I too thought the pandemic was in the rearview... I guess I learned my lesson.

But for people who have gotten the VIP merch in the past what did it consist of? I'm wondering if I should I get a refund and just use that money at the merch table...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:47 pm

I think some of the merch in the package is unique like the tour poster if memory serves.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:47 pm
I think some of the merch in the package is unique like the tour poster if memory serves.
I'm sure someone can list the correct items from experience... but I think it includes a unique VIP t-shirt, laminate and signed photo/poster - plus a couple of other items which can differ like stickers/mask etc.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:21 pm

I still have yet to receive any notification about the M&G being canceled. Odd.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Just got the notification:

Hello everyone,

After long discussions and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to unfortunately cancel the Meet and Greets + Backstage tours on Alice’s tour this fall to best protect everyone’s health and well-being. We have not come to this decision lightly and hope that you will understand the necessity of this decision. As of now, the tour itself is still scheduled to happen so we are practicing extreme caution in hopes that it does happen and without any issues.

Alice and the band are excited to be getting back onstage to perform for the fans after 18 months off and hopefully you are just as excited about seeing them as they are to see you. We are hopeful to restore the VIP Meet and Greets in 2022 and are already working on tour dates.

In the meantime, we have three options for you:

Option 1: Refund down to the Alice Cooper Merchandise VIP Package. You will be able to keep your ticket to the concert and we will ship all of your VIP merchandise directly to your house. NO ACTION IS REQUIRED OF YOU IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THIS OPTION. THE PARTIAL REFUND WILL BE PROCESSED AUTOMATICALLY IN THE COMING WEEKS. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS OPTION, PLEASE CONTACT US TO LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD PREFER OPTION 2 OR 3 BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD AT 5PM PT.

Option 2: Refund down to the just the cost of your concert ticket. No VIP merchandise included, but you will be able to keep your ticket and enjoy the concert.

Option 3: Full refund of everything including your concert ticket.

Thank you for understanding and we hope to see you in September / October.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:16 pm

Good. It's for the best, and those options seem quite reasonable to me.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:45 pm
Alice's optics really haven't been that good for a few decades now.
Oh how the mighty have fallen...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Parish wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:56 pm
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:45 pm
Alice's optics really haven't been that good for a few decades now.
Oh how the mighty have fallen...
I think Alice is still fantastic. And offering a full refund for the m&g while allowing me to keep the front row ticket at face value was more than enough.