For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Fall 2021 Tour Setlist

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:16 am

Saw the show last night, in Milwaukee. SO. GOOD! Alice sounded fantastic, and the band was awesome, as always.
I thought that the new songs fit into the flow of the show really well. And, as always, Alice's facial expressions in the lead up to the execution (i.e. from Steven on) were just hilarious to watch.

I didn't realize JUST how much I had missed shows until I was there, and the lights went down. Magic!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:08 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:16 am
Saw the show last night, in Milwaukee. SO. GOOD! Alice sounded fantastic, and the band was awesome, as always.
I thought that the new songs fit into the flow of the show really well. And, as always, Alice's facial expressions in the lead up to the execution (i.e. from Steven on) were just hilarious to watch.

I didn't realize JUST how much I had missed shows until I was there, and the lights went down. Magic!
The lighting effect on Go Man Go was fantastic. The guitarists looked like a quartet of rockabilly ghosts.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:13 am

Thanks for your comments and reviews, hope to see more comments about the future concerts in the States and Europe.

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Post by mot$$33 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:56 pm

Saw the show last night. Tour premiere of Hey Stoopid. Dropped Social Debris.

Order of first part of show was different because of this. Rock and Roll later on and before 18. Go Man Go got a great reaction and you gotta think most folks didn’t know it.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:50 am

mot$$33 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:56 pm

Order of first part of show was different because of this. Rock and Roll later on and before 18. Go Man Go got a great reaction and you gotta think most folks didn’t know it.
dropped Social Debris ? Why would that be ?? Wasn't this song considered one of the best and most Alice-like songs on Detroit Stories ?
you really wouldn't understand..

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:44 pm

patrick wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:50 am
mot$$33 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:56 pm

dropped Social Debris ? Why would that be ?? Wasn't this song considered one of the best and most Alice-like songs on Detroit Stories ?
Maybe it didn't go down well live and they felt Hey Stoopid was more of a crowd pleaser.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:34 pm

"Social Debris" didn't go over well and I'm not sad to see it go. I don't think it's one of the better tracks on the album. "Go Man Go" is great and went over much better.

I'm perplexed about how "Fallen In Love" is still in the set. I guess because of the Billy Gibbons connection Alice thinks it's better than it is, which is a pretty unremarkable song. If they want to do a song from that album, stick with "Paranoic Personality" which was great live.

I think "Rock n Roll" and "Go Man Go" represent his newer material pretty well and are enough.

That said, it's hard to complain about the set list over all as I really enjoyed it (I love the 80s stuff). Once the new songs were out of the way, it felt like the whole show accelerated up to top speed.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:10 am

I wasn't keen on the idea of Fallen in Love in the set until I saw it live the other year. I thought it worked really well. Had a good groove that got the head moving. IIRC, there was also a cool moment at the end where the band all came together on stage, but I might be thinking of a different song.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Fallen in Love is a great song and I bet it is in the setlist not because of Gibbons but for Tommy who wrote the song as far as I remember. The song also allows Alice to play the harmonic which is a plus

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
The song also allows Alice to play the harmonic which is a plus
I think this is why it's still in the set. It's got a fun little intro bit which gives some of the spotlight to Tommy.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:50 pm

Here are some cell phone pictures from the Charlotte show...

Everything about the show was great! Such a dynamic performance. At the very end, he told the crowd that it had been a long time, and how glad they all were to be back out on the road. To anyone on the fence - go man, go.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:40 pm

I am glad i got to see Social Debris twice before it dropped...its my personal favorite song off of DS...shame to see it go.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 am

Social Debris was a snore fest when I saw the show in Indy. Not counting bits and pieces, he only performed seven ACG songs. That's three more than the WTMN show.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:21 pm

Top notch show at The Tampa Ampitheater, great energy, great atmosphere, great sound. Place was just about full I’d say, 10,000 , loved the setlist, Hey Stoopid a better option live than Social Debris imo. Ace was surprisingly good , joined in the Schools Out encore. A 10 outta 10 concert for sure .

flashfearless
Trash
Trash

Post by flashfearless » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:47 pm

Has anyone published a current setlist?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:11 pm

They're at the bottom of https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/17-setli ... ckeyes.php as I haven't separated out the new tour yet.

UPDATE: So now it's done. Setlists can be found here: https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/17-setlists/

flashfearless
Trash
Trash

Post by flashfearless » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:57 am

Not sure you caught it or not, but Ryan posted a "post show presser" after the Austin show. While mostly acting silly and answering people's questions, the dropped the news that Go Man Go will be dropped by the Atlanta show. He didn't say if it would be replaced with anything or not.