For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Merchandise table

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Oh yeah? Interesting to know. I was at that show, but really never headed over towards the merch.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Yeah, they had the credit card option in Boston last year, but I don't recall Foxwood's a few days later. Oh well, a wad of cash it will be to be "safe".
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Tony, I'll ask my husband if he remembers if they took credit cards at Foxwoods last year. I didn't go with him to buy our t-shirts, so I don't know.
It's just the little things...

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Ok, he thinks they did take credit cards, but he's not 100% about it. So, yeah, I'd take cash, just in case.

Thank you for posting these pictures; it's nice to be able to shop before we get there. :grin:
It's just the little things...

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:04 pm

TonyfromNH wrote:Because of a death, we had to "eat" our tickets to the Clearfield PA show, but still have a handful coming up. Could someone who has been to a show verify that if credit cards were being accepted at the merchandise table? Someone told me "no", but I find that hard to believe in today's world where impulse buying would increase their sales. Thanks!
They took credit cards at the four shows I was at.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:08 pm

I never knew there was a Credit Card option, Ohh my Dad will be happy LOL! :clap:
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:32 pm

TonyfromNH wrote:What we do is we have an "Alice" Account. We put $45-50 a week in religiously so when the new tour rolls around we are "refreshed". This is for everything Alice related throughout the year. We have been doing that for about 13 years now.
Wait...a week?! Please tell me you meant to say per month! Because you said in the "newbie" thread that after all my shows I pay way more than you. But if that really *IS* per WEEK, then that's more than what i pay....INCLUDING airfare and hotels for Vegas and the Pudding!!

though, allotting money on a regular basis is a pretty good way to do it, if you know you're going to end up spending a lot. Nicely done! :clap:

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Yeah I agree, I'm Going to start doing that now! Thank You :clap:

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:22 pm

It's what I've been doing the past five or so years and always helps.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Oh Cool! How Much would You say you spend Per show Sparky?

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:35 pm

It's hard to say "per show". The ticket of course - that's a given. I rarely buy one of every t-shirt that's for sale as I won't buy something that doesn't appeal to me (hence why I don't have, and have never gone after, the AC incense holder you're looking for - personally I think that it's hideous), but I'd say probably 4 or so t-shirts.

Hotels / diesel is another expense that I have to consider as well, if it's a "proper" UK tour, rather than just a couple of shows. Where I've paid out for airfares for trips to Vegas / Phoenix to see Alice I'm fortunate in that I work in the travel industry and so am in a position to get preferential rates. :) Can sometimes get cheaper hotel rates too, but many hotels won't offer a cheap rate to people in the industry when there's a concert at a nearby venue.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:42 pm

So you mainly get shirts, no Misc items like badges, caps etc.?

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Yeah, occasionally. I don't think I've ever bought any kind of hat / cap but I have bought pin badges and posters.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:54 pm

The Teddy Bears I think are cool, How much are they and are they worth it really? :alice:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

My issue has always been how much stuff do I want to be carrying during the show itself. I usually stick with a shirt or something I can tuck under my shirt or into a pocket so it doesn't get wrecked. Buying a poster or tour book before the show and trying to keep it unbent or dry in the first few rows on the floor is almost impossible. However having said this... waiting for the swag table at the end of the show runs the risk of merch being sold out or huge lines of last-minute shoppers.

Forget 'to be or not to be'... To buy before the show or not to buy before the show... THAT's the true question.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Here we only had two shirts avaiable when he came :( If there was more I would have bought more, the first show was at a theater and it was pretty easy to not ruim the stuff. Anyway, there's aways the choise of paying for the local crew to keep it at the entrence (I really don't know the name in english, but hope you know what i'm talking about :) ) ahd take it only after the show. That's what I would have done if there were more things for sale here.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:05 pm

woa! amazing shirts!

is the size small available?
and are there any shirts for the ladies?
The sanest days are mad.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:03 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
TonyfromNH wrote:What we do is we have an "Alice" Account. We put $45-50 a week in religiously so when the new tour rolls around we are "refreshed". This is for everything Alice related throughout the year. We have been doing that for about 13 years now.
Wait...a week?! Please tell me you meant to say per month! Because you said in the "newbie" thread that after all my shows I pay way more than you. But if that really *IS* per WEEK, then that's more than what i pay....INCLUDING airfare and hotels for Vegas and the Pudding!!

though, allotting money on a regular basis is a pretty good way to do it, if you know you're going to end up spending a lot. Nicely done! :clap:
yes...per week. Alice associated things are the primary intention, but last year we didn't spend $2500-$2600 on Alice. We took a nice vacation as well with the left over money. This year....a different story.

Wow, I assumed that you probably spent Waaayyy more because of the flight factor especially.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Nope. I was honestly curious so did the math yesterday. Counting Pudding (via last year's prices--VIP ticket, hotel, airfare), Vegas (using this year's prices--3 tickets, hotel, airfare) and 9 shows at $50 (picked a higher end number, and they average out at under $50), plus tacking on a VIP package AND Keri Kelli guitar lesson just out of curiosity....I came in under your banked yearly budget. Yes, just barely, but under. Like I say, we RARELY do hotels--usually only for the Pudding. And I'm very controlled about merch purchases.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:13 pm

And as of the way the dates stand right now...outside of the Pudding and Vegas this year, I only have 2 shows! And one was an $18 ticket!