For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: AC - June 21 Bonn, Germany

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:35 am

Yes it was a nice surprise to see him. Like seing an old friend :)

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:18 am

yeah, the cyclops was so cool!
was quite shocked though when I suddenly saw it standing right in front of me :blush: no one was inside it yet though... LOL!
The sanest days are mad.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 pm

>One more thing before I go. I thought it was a really moving touch that Alice changed the lyrics in "From the Inside" to "Ronnie's ghost", my heart leapt when I heard that (thank goodness for the good sound) and my hands shot up to make the horns sign before my brain even registered the fact. :HEART: >

I just listened back to the recording of the Bonn show and he is most definatly saying Brian..He's been doing it since the USA leg of the tour. I think its a nice touch.
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Ah my bad then. But that's just as cool. I could have listened to the recording since I bought the usb bracelet thingy. But I didn't pay attention since I was also typing at the same time. Bit dissapointed by the quality of this one as opposed to the London one. What did you think of it?

That bracelet looks really cool though, it's way too big for me and quite heavy but it's a nice item. I hesitated between this and the girlie "Poison" t-shirt. Both items I wouldn't really use much (I don't wear black). But I decided to buy the bracelet at least I can use it sometimes and knowing me I'll probably try to customise it (sorry for die hard collectors who'll find this to be heresy ;) ).

Still typing my review, these usually take me half a day. Taking a break for a shower and some groceries shopping, then I'll finish it for my blog.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 pm

woa, I haven't seen any merchandise stand!
wanted to buy a Teddy bear this time... didn't have enough money back then in December ::((:

ah well, maybe next time!
don't know if they'll sell them at the Lokerse Feesten in Belgium???
The sanest days are mad.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Lisacooper91 wrote:and hey, I thought Alice was singing "Brian" and not "Rennie"? LOL! but anyway, it was a very beautiful moment!
he does say 'brian's ghost.' he started doing that at the washington show. alice is very much into ghosts and tv shows about ghosts.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:29 pm

great review!!! :clap:
and yeah, I missed Welcome to My Nightmare too... and The Awakening, always gives me goosebumps when I hear that!

but yeah, we got the Cyclops back, so that's cool :8):
The sanest days are mad.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Cheers!
Speaking of the cyclops here is a good video if it. I could nearly see us on this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfVRwuA ... re=related

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:03 pm

really good video.. :HEART:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Dragonlady, you seen the girl with the Alice make-up and the nose ring + chain? she was also queueing very early!
that's her video :)

she's got some more nice videos on her youtube, very nice quality!
The sanest days are mad.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Hehehe...a little Cyclopian dance break-down, huh?

:laugh: :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 am

Lisa, I guessed it must be her. She has a photo of herself up on her YouTube page. She was hard to miss with the makeup and all. I watched her other videos too, really good quality.

Jaded, I wonder why so? :grin:

Yeah Mr. Clops is a bit limited in his movements, but he looked like he was having fun up there :alice:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:08 pm

By the way, Lisa, Nephtis and all. I didn't mention this in my review but I got the feeling that the crowd was not very responsive in Bonn. Not in the first rows of course, but I had the feeling that a lot of people were there a bit by chance and didn't know what to expect?

For instance there was not much response to the props and executions. OK maybe it's just fans who play along and duly scream when required (OK that sounds wrong, but it's part of the fun I'd say?) I had that feeling once or twice before at other shows but this time it really struck me. I tried to ignore that but to be the only one reacting and screaming felt a bit silly at times. Not that I care much about passing for mad :8):

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:17 pm

yeah, got to feeling too!!!

didn't like the crowd that much though.
almost didn't make it to the front, there was this German guy standing next to Benno (big guy I went with) and he was standing really asocial. very broad... so yeah Benno asked him really nice if he could make some space.. so I could be front row too. (was standing 2nd row, so yeah... couldn't see a damn thing!!!)
but then this German guy totally freaked out... I almost thought he was going to punch Benno.. almost got an elbow in my face..
it was really scary :/ :/

eventually we got lucky, during The Other the girl standing next to Benno got sick, so she left... so yeah, that's how I got front row too.

edit:

psst.. this it totally off topic, but I just heard I got accepted at my new school/education!! :clap: I feel so proud!

edit 2:
by the way, Nephtis... did we meet or see eachother??
The sanest days are mad.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh dear! I hate that sort of stuff. Why must people be so aggressive? I mean You can also decline if someone asks, no need to punch anyone. Thankfully on my side people were not pushy at all.

I just had this really chatty girl next to me and I barely understood what she was saying. And then she was literally screaming the lyrics at first. Thank goodness she calmed down after a few songs.

I mean I don't mind people singing along loudly, even out of tune but she was screaming so loud it got disturbing. At the end when I asked for a piece of balloon, there were like 4 big pieces lying at our feet, so when security picked one up for me she simply snatched it from my hands. I grabbed it back and told her to get her own, there were more than enough. Well nothing major but it pissed me off.

Congratulation for being accepted! Soon enough we'll be playing games designed by you! I am a bit envious.

BTW Nephtis is the young woman who was with me, the one with the Steampunk googles on her head?

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:18 pm

:clap: Hooray for Lisa ! You did great.
I'm really happy to see the cyclops too. :laugh:
Thanks for all the pictures and videos ...love it.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:21 pm

yeah, I always have that when I'm in Germany to see Alice.
in 2008 in Osnabrück, that was the worst.
Waited 10 hours before the show and when we got in the building, we had to wait in front of some doors to get in the venue itself... the security put someone in front of us, because he was handicapted; he walked on crutches. So yeah, that's fair!
But when the doors opened, everybody ran inside, like animals... they threw that handicapted guy against the wall... and we all fell on a big pile of humans. I was on top of it and my (now) ex-boyfriend pulled me up and I ran as fast as I can to get good places...

Ended up 2nd/3rd row after 10 hours waiting :/

And that's not all; the guards took all our food, so yeah, we had nothing to drink and no food anymore for the night (we had to wait on the station for our train home next day).

It was so horrible, I almost wanted to leave...
Leaving before seeing Alice? That's just crazy I know, but it was THAT worse...

Also the people around me looked at me like I was filth and tried to get in front of me.

So yeah, really hope that Alice will be in The Netherlands again next year... don't really want to travel to Germany again, because of all these bad experiences, you know... :x

edit:
aaaah so that's Nephtis!! loved the goggles! :clap:
The sanest days are mad.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Ah yes that concert. The other young woman who was in the queue with us (Pie) was there too and also ended up in that human pile. Must have been very scary. It was a wonder that no one got badly hurt. I think I would have walked away in a case like that. And definetely write the venue a letter, if they did this again it's criminal.

I wonder why such things still happen, aren't the owners of these halls professionals? they should know better. I was very surprised last year in Montreux when they didn't even have a fence. There was this guy who came up to us and basically said "we'll let you in now but be nice and don't push we don't want our staff to get hurt". Sure, me neither but what to do if people start to push? It would have been a big pile up too.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm

yeah, I probably know who you mean.
seen those folks a lot.

really have no idea why people are always so mean during concerts. I mean, I don't have that at all. I want everybody to be happy you know, I want everybody to enjoy the show!

or when people meet a celeb, you know, they all want to be first.
I always wait very patiently, 'cause I know it will be my turn eventually.
maybe I'm just too nice for people, or maybe it's just because I'm too shy. I don't know.

*sigh*
and I might become a little bit vulnerable by saying this, but... I'm starting to feel a bit down you know.
just like in December, being around Toby and the other guys (and Alice of course). it just feels like home. got that feeling nowhere else.

really start to miss everybody, also all the SickThings I have met. :blush:

and I got a problem I think.
got a ticket for the show in Belgium (August 1), but I don't know how to get there. there is a tiny chance I can go with the same guy as 3 days ago in Bonn, but he's going with some other people, so the car will be full.

going on my own by train is:
1) just very scary
2) expensive...

so yeah, anyone here who has an idea? where to buy jetpacks? LOL!
The sanest days are mad.