Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Setlist

Post by Si » Sun May 29, 2022 11:18 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:43 am
I actually really like allot of the cult but they were rubbish live with a plodding set and lifeless renditions of the classics. Ian seemed to be in a strop and moaned constantly that people were having fun wrong.
Yep, that sums them up pretty well. Very disappointing.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun May 29, 2022 12:58 pm

I was at Glasgow last night. I thought the show was higher energy than 2019, perhaps down to it being slightly shorter. The whole devils food musical interlude was shorter. Perhaps Alice needed less of a break. The new stuff works really well. I thought the setlist was really well chosen. Missed creeper but thought the cult were pretty dull. I don't think they suit the bigger venue. The only let down was the atmosphere but that seems pretty standard for the Hydro, although it was great to stand at a gig again.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Mon May 30, 2022 11:48 am

Johnny Depp joined Jeff Beck on stage at Sheffield City Hall last night!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-61631185

I wonder if he’ll make an appearance with Alice in Birmingham tonight or Leeds on Wednesday…🤔

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Mon May 30, 2022 9:10 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:58 am
fabulous shows at Manch and Glasgow.
was a bit gutted last night, the lights dimmed and a few people went up to the barrier so i joined them. the security lass checked tickets and said my row wasn't included in the allowable ones so i went back. And Alice tossed his cane right where i would have been standing :-(
tch.
I got the 2nd black cane - the one Alice threw from NMMNG - My 14 year old daughter was thrilled. We now have a white and a black cane - It has gone to a good home of mad Alice Cooper fans :clap:

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Mon May 30, 2022 9:20 pm

Si wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:26 pm
rgallie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Whenever ive been to his seated gigs everyone stands
Of course they do, it's a rock show... well, accept for the morons in the front row at London (right in front of us in the left block) the other night, who just sat there in their seats all through the show like statues, not even clapping after songs. Actually not completely true, one of them got up a couple of times to shout at the two fans who WERE standing at the barrier and enjoying themselves, because they were blocking her view....
Two others at the end of the front row also sat throughout the show, except for three trips to the bar (the show is only 75ish minutes!).

This is what you get when you have VIP tickets and put the unsold (The Cult) ones on sale for face value three weeks before the show... You get slightly interested people at the front, and the real fans who bought their tickets when they went on sale stuck 30 rows back...
That would explain how when I bought my ticket just a month ago - I was astonished that there were front row seats for £80 - Bought one me for and my daughter the instant I saw them. :)
I'm glad no-one wanted expensive VIP Cult tickets!

To make the night even sweeter we caught the black cane :grin: and got a Ryan Roxie guitar pick.

Just need a guitar pick from Chuck Garric to complete our set of all Alice's current guitarists. :rock:

If anyone has a spare Chuck guitar pick my young Alice Cooper mad daughter would be thrilled.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon May 30, 2022 10:04 pm

NeilPearson wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:48 am
Johnny Depp joined Jeff Beck on stage at Sheffield City Hall last night!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-61631185

I wonder if he’ll make an appearance with Alice in Birmingham tonight or Leeds on Wednesday…🤔
No, he was onstage with Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall tonight.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Mon May 30, 2022 10:36 pm

Same set in Brum this evening. Thought the sound and the crowd was better than in Manc.

Also, Ryan played the main lick from Six Hours just before I'm Eighteen. Has he done that at any other shows? I think he was just killing a bit of time whilst someone else got ready, but still... that's probably the song I want to hear most.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:33 am

So if setlist wiki is to be believed, Shut Up and Rock was dropped for Be My Lover (perhaps only until full length sets come back). I don't think it sounded that great to be honest, so I don't think it's a big loss (other than the fact that it's a new song dropped from the set).

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

Post by Vlad the Impala » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:26 am

One change at Leeds last night - out went 'Shut Up and Rock' to be replaced by 'Be My Lover'.
Result!
School's out FOREVER!!"
Speaking as an ex-teacher, I can confirm that it really is!!

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

Post by Vlad the Impala » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:28 am

lordcatfish wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:33 am
So if setlist wiki is to be believed, Shut Up and Rock was dropped for Be My Lover (perhaps only until full length sets come back). I don't think it sounded that great to be honest, so I don't think it's a big loss (other than the fact that it's a new song dropped from the set).
It's true - I was there (see my post which went on before I noticed yours)
School's out FOREVER!!"

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

Post by Vlad the Impala » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:39 am

My gig reviews of Leeds....

Creeper
The Cult
Alice
School's out FOREVER!!"

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:20 pm

Vlad the Impala wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:26 am
One change at Leeds last night - out went 'Shut Up and Rock' to be replaced by 'Be My Lover'.
Result!
I thought shut up and rock worked really well. I love 'be my lover' but was more than happy to see some fresh songs brought in.

BrianRS
Trash
Trash

Post by BrianRS » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:20 pm

This was about my 30th visit to Alice land starting with Special Forces tour way back, taking in both a Hammersmith and the Glasgow Apollo show. Absolutely magic.

I was at Glasgow last Saturday and really enjoyed the energy of the slightly shorter show, although I did miss hearing Go To Hell and My Stars.

Dare to say but I think if Creeper had been given another 20 minutes( at last an opening act with melodies) and Alice another 30 minutes, I would gladly have binned the Cult.

Just my opinion, till the next time...

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:38 pm

Si wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:26 pm
rgallie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Whenever ive been to his seated gigs everyone stands
Of course they do, it's a rock show... well, accept for the morons in the front row at London (right in front of us in the left block) the other night, who just sat there in their seats all through the show like statues, not even clapping after songs. Actually not completely true, one of them got up a couple of times to shout at the two fans who WERE standing at the barrier and enjoying themselves, because they were blocking her view....
Two others at the end of the front row also sat throughout the show, except for three trips to the bar (the show is only 75ish minutes!).

This is what you get when you have VIP tickets and put the unsold (The Cult) ones on sale for face value three weeks before the show... You get slightly interested people at the front, and the real fans who bought their tickets when they went on sale stuck 30 rows back...
That was my partner and I standing in the front row in London. I was dumbstruck when it happened at first but enjoyed the show regardless. We also got Alice's cane which was cool, also fun getting it through airport security lol.

We were at the Swansea gig as well, a couple of days prior. A bit of agry bargy in the crowd during that one with some genius throwing a drink at the stage while Alice performed, thankfully it fell just short.

Ended up going to the Leeds show on a last minute whim whew i thought the crowd was great, everybody in the front blocks stood up and rocked out as far as I could see.

By then 'Shut Up and Rock' was replaced by 'Be My Lover' and the aforementioned 'Six Hours' riff before 'Eighteen'.
Last edited by Voodoo Revolution on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Si wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:18 am
Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:43 am
I actually really like allot of the cult but they were rubbish live with a plodding set and lifeless renditions of the classics. Ian seemed to be in a strop and moaned constantly that people were having fun wrong.
Yep, that sums them up pretty well. Very disappointing.
We sat out the Cult set in London and Leeds.
Creeper were very good though.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:31 am

looking right now at the excellent streamed Graspop ( as Hunter mentioned :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxH5mW5I5ao
shortened set but professionally filmed and certainly worthwhile looking at :alice:
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:04 pm

patrick wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:31 am
looking right now at the excellent streamed Graspop ( as Hunter mentioned :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxH5mW5I5ao
shortened set but professionally filmed and certainly worthwhile looking at :alice:

Here's an even better one. Hellfest in the dark and with much better sound.

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/108954-04 ... ce-cooper/

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:34 pm

Both are excellent!
At this point I like the one filmed in daylight
as you can see the whole stage set up. :HEART:
Having a late set does have it's nuances!
:rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 pm

This is a photo of the band (no Glen or Alice) by Chyrisse that I found in the Rock at Night review. I am sure many of you have seen it but it's a piece of art imo. Just striking.

https://www.rockatnight.com/wp-content/ ... F_6185.jpg

I am not sure about the copyrights and such, but it would be great if it could be archived.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:20 pm

Anyone at the Athens show, tonight? Nita mentioned a setlist surprise. Her caption had a trash can icon in it, so... something new/rotated back in from Trash, I'm assuming.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!