New single - 'Our Love Will Change The World'

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

New single - 'Our Love Will Change The World'

Post by suziginajackson » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 am

Apparently, a new single - 'Our Love Will Change The World' - is due to be released on Friday, December 11th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lAco-uFAew
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New single - 'Our Love Will Change The World'

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am

I mentioned in another thread that this song was great. Hopefully Alice does it justice.

On a separate note of we keep listening we will have heard half the album before it comes out.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:42 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am
I mentioned in another thread that this song was great. Hopefully Alice does it justice.

On a separate note of we keep listening we will have heard half the album before it comes out.
Considering the Breadcrumbs tracks we're already almost there! By tomorrow it will be 7 of 15. Okay, some will be slightly different but still...
Rock'n'Roll, Go Man Go, Our Love Will Change The World, Detroit City, Sister Anne, Hanging On By A Thread (Don't Give Up), East Side Story

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:20 pm

so....another cover then?
:(
If it wasn't for the blu ray, i really wouldn't be excited for this release at all. I am confused as to why its been in gestation/production for so long when over half of it is covers. Still at least its a new album.....kinda.....

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:45 pm

I saw this news yesterday and had already forgotten he was releasing the new single tomorrow within one day. I've never had this little enthusiasm for a new Alice record - perhaps because it's not even really an Alice record. He's just singing on it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:20 pm
so....another cover then?
:(
If it wasn't for the blu ray, i really wouldn't be excited for this release at all. I am confused as to why its been in gestation/production for so long when over half of it is covers. Still at least its a new album.....kinda.....

Yes but this cover is not from the 60's or early 70's.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:40 am

Carbon copy of the Outrageous Cherry original. I like the song, but what's the point? At least with Rock & Roll - which I rated - they conjured up a bit of extra 'oomph'. Here though, it's just chug through, adding absolutely nothing. Perfunctory, and pointless.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 am

When I heard about this track I dug out the original by Outrageous Cherry and have to say I love it.

As for Alice's cover of it...I really like it. It doesn't really differ away from the original but its a very upbeat and likeable song and will have people tapping their feet. It's probably the favourite cover I've heard so far. The only gripe I've got is that the song isn't very Alice. I'm just hoping there's a handful of tracks on the album with a bit of Cooper's gritty vocals or wit.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:56 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 am
The only gripe I've got is that the song isn't very Alice.
That's an understatement....

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:22 am

I think I will end up making a combo list of “Rise” and “Detroit Stories” original songs. New single sounds just “ok” to me.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:52 am

Ugh, think this is gonna be the first Alice album in nearly 50 years I ain’t gonna bother buying

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 am

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:52 am
Ugh, think this is gonna be the first Alice album in nearly 50 years I ain’t gonna bother buying
I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I agree. These covers are getting out of hand. If he wants to do that with the Vampires that’s fine but caring it over to his work is lame since he really isn’t putting a new spin on these covers. BTW, the last Vampire album was better than anything I’ve heard off of Breadcrumbs or this new one so far.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 am

“BTW, the last Vampire album was better than anything I’ve heard off of Breadcrumbs or this new one so far.”Completely agree.

This took me completely by surprise as I expected gritty vocals to make the original a bit rougher. Instead, the original has been given a production polish and the vocals have lifted it towards lightweight pop.

At least this is challenging me a little where Rock and Roll didn’t at all.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:49 am

I expect to hear this on a TV commercial very soon. It is really catchy and very different to Alice's 'normal' sound.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:04 am

listening now ... " you may not like it now but you'll get used to it...somehow "
guess not very Alice-like is indeed an understatement...
wonder what attracted Alice in this ? cannot image him singing this in full make-up . to accentuate the difference, this song playing by youtube now is followed by....SO ! That's "my" Alice :)
you really wouldn't understand..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:25 am

I hate to disappoint Remarkably Insincere but I love it. Totally unexpected and refreshing though I do understand Concolz gripe. It's just a great song. It is also difficult to sing ( I like Alice being challenged vocally ) due to the lyrics not conventionally rhyming. I think this will be the best song on the album which will no doubt disappoint a lot of the metal heads here. Way better than the Lou by numbers cover.

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 am

I hate to say it again but its just so boring sounds like a one take version of it.. :( what is going on in the AC camp now? i personally dont mind it not being alice - one of my favourite songs of his is "Is anyone home" and thats not very Alice. but this.. is this just songs that didnt make it to vampires again? nothing seems to have any drive anymore. so sad. and why on earth they are leading with the two they have as singles fro the album worries me for the rest, I liked breadcrumbs so i dont mind that those songs are on there, i expected it, thats what people do with EP's.. so thats not even a problem for me. I have preordered the vinyl but it looks like itll join the last 3 or 4 albums in the unopened catagory

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:43 am

Why buy the albums of you are not going to play them? I don't get it.

It will be interesting to see the line up on this one. Certainly nothing for Nita to do on it. I know the video is done on the cheap again but it works better than the Elected one. Certainly has some humour. Cheering me up that some here are not getting it.

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:48 am

Just from a completest point of you mainly haha. also ordered in the hope it would have been something more than it is.. i hadnt heard anything from it at the time of pre ordering (excluding breadcrumbs which as i said i liked) i defo dont buy things like i used to around one album (as in the different versions etc) no way am i doing that now and havent since a few albums ago.

You bring a good point up with the line up i cant really see any of them having fun with them.. thats if they play any of the songs of course..

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 am

oh should say- i have Apple music as well so what ever i do buy i play it on apple music anyway.. which again is good as it saves opening them haha. but i doubt this will even be played on apple music to be honest. hey, it is what it is.